William and Kate baby news | Page 6 | Vital Football

William and Kate baby news

It's odd mate William and Harry were Wales now William is Cambridge. One day he's likely to be Wales again then eventually Windsor. The Queen is Windsor but her married name is Mountbatten

Yes very odd indeed, So when someone is assigned a Dukedom they take the placename as their surname, and when they become King/Queen it changes to a non geographical surname?!

:13:

Had to laugh when they said they were still considering names, it's not as if they have a lot of choice - Charles is taken, William is taken, Henry/Harry is taken, Edward is taken, James is historically catholic, Richard is a child murderer... only one left...George... and hey presto!

Personally I was hoping for Aethelred, or even less likely, Jack, :D

The Fear - 24/7/2013 16:09

Arrgghhhh. Another image, another with no link.

NO MORE IMAGES.

Obviously understand the problem with links but, out of interest, why no link required for, say, the album covers or in the beautiful bottom thread? (which reminds me to go and see if there is anything new there to admire).

Well for one thing because I had already asked once with reference to these and four images from the same place had already been put in.

Sky have deep pockets and can be litigious is another reason.

Other images? We all runt he risk breaking copyright, odd ones are usually fine, worst we usually get us take down notices but have had to pay a few photographers over the years for numpties putting up football images.

However, the way recent cases have gone and the Internet has developed, the bill wouldn't be to us it would be to the person posting them, same as if you post libellous comments etc.

The Fear - 24/7/2013 21:18

Well for one thing because I had already asked once with reference to these and four images from the same place had already been put in.

Sky have deep pockets and can be litigious is another reason.

Other images? We all runt he risk breaking copyright, odd ones are usually fine, worst we usually get us take down notices but have had to pay a few photographers over the years for numpties putting up football images.

However, the way recent cases have gone and the Internet has developed, the bill wouldn't be to us it would be to the person posting them, same as if you post libellous comments etc.

Cheers. I was just wondering.

SKEGGY - 24/7/2013 17:47

To assume his look suggests he's thinking of his mother is absurd. You have no idea what he's thinking. Plus I'm sure he'd called her anything but MOM

Now I am sure that is a remark that sounds like wanting a :56: re his Mom/plus :56: re dumping him in boarding school. I think Charles had alot to do with that as that is the way the Royals do it re their children go to boarding school.

George will be also when that times happens.

Your assuming from your point of view. Diana is still 'loved' by millions Skeggy. I know you don't like her. That's your prerogative. Millions that do.

I wasn't going to leave her out just because you and a few others don't like her.

I luv Diana think she was an amazing woman, and was never a person to look down upon another, she was not a posh snob she was a real person imo,

George is a good name but i still think Boy George sounds better?

Kef if twatbook or their users want to pay infringement fees that's up to them. If there's no link, you don't post or link.

Photographers would've sold those images for a lot of money and use of them without their permission is a copyright breach and you could be done individually for that breach for unlawful distribution.

Mainly because whereever you post those images will not benefit the company who paid for them so they are losing out on revenue and the photographer themselves could get snippy and sue also.

In terms of album covers, that's unlikely to annoy anyone as any cover artist won't make a lot of money if any from the cover being shown. They make their money based on physical sales of the product. Therefore a forum publicising such an album could lead to further sales which benefits those who share copyright on the image so they are unlikely to take offence.

I would say the correct procedure would still to be to link to the band's official site for it myself though, as well as including the cover.

Bottom line, any image of the kid that is distributed by the Royal Family for free publication is fair game. Anything else is not because it's somebodies livelihood and publishing those images you are causing a loss for both them, and the company who paid good money for such images.

That goes for anything and everything image wise.

Unless you physically take the photo, it's somebody elses property and if you think it's public because a paper has run it or some twat on twitbook has copied it, then it's time more learned about the laws covering the internet.

As JF said, the days of websites paying for users errors are over - it falls on you individually more often than not thesedays and too many people don't get that.

People have something called fair use which is mainly for educational purposes or critique. It stands roughly that legally (although it's open to debate on what you do with it) you can use upto (maximum) 20% of a copyrighted work in the form of quotes, examples, images etc.

That doesn't stretch so far as using 4 images from 20, or using 4 paragraphs from an article out of 20 though, especially when not offering anything in the submission yourself. The copyrighted element you take should also be akin to the amount of the effort your yourself put into the submission. ie you take 20% you create yourself the other 80%.

It's why we say copy the first two paras max from an article you want to post and then link and then provide your comment.

ClivetheVillan - 24/7/2013 23:21

I luv Diana think she was an amazing woman, and was never a person to look down upon another, she was not a posh snob she was a real person imo,

Phew glad I am not on my own in here with Diana.

Yeah young Prince George has rather alot of play on words with his name.

Boy George being 1 of them Clive. The 1's that popped in my head was 'Lloyd George knew my Father' and 'By George I think she got it..'

Yeah I know

Mike I did go back, edit and put the link in for the 1st 4 when JF said. I hadn't thought about it as they were pics. I have also spoke to JF about the other picture via inbox.

Yes we are all having to learn about it I know. I do it with normal written links. Now I know about picture links

Most people don't Kef, hence my rather lengthy post lol It's not something members had to really consider even 2 years ago really in the main part, but it's something that needs to be considered now by everyone.

And I'm not immune when I don't have my intelligent cap on either!

kefkat - 24/7/2013 23:39

Boy George being 1 of them Clive. The 1's that popped in my head was 'Lloyd George knew my Father' and 'By George I think she got it..'

Yeah I know

Never forget the day i found out she had died, me and my mates was driving on the motorway coming back from a car festival and it came on the radio about what happand, it was raining hard and thunder and lightening at the time,

Just messing about with the name, im not a massive fan of the royals tbh but i think all kids are great and Wills is a Villa fan after all ;)

I was getting banged at the same time Diana was that night Clive. :17:

Didn't involve a steering wheel, that would be creepy.

ClivetheVillan - 24/7/2013 23:49

kefkat - 24/7/2013 23:39

Yeah I know

Never forget the day i found out she had died, me and my mates was driving on the motorway coming back from a car festival and it came on the radio about what happand, it was raining hard and thunder and lightening at the time,

Just messing about with the name, im not a massive fan of the royals tbh but i think all kids are great and Wills is a Villa fan after all ;)

Yeah I know. Boy George is going to have alot of that though over the years to deal with.

Yeah I remember when I was a teen Mom going on about how everyone knew where they were when JFK was shot. I used to think WTF loopy LOL

It's happened twice in my/alot of peoples lifetime of our ages. We had Diana death and 9/11. Everyone knows where they were for both of them-So Mom payback doubled :14:

Diana= Was in bed first thing and my eldest shouted up the stairs Mom Mom come quick Nickelodeon got a breaking news 'you have to turn to Sky News-Princess Diana is dead' I will never forgot those words. I shot up and out of bed. It was about 8-am Sunday morning.

The other 1 I walked into a mates house after coming back from the Family court and I asked my mate what film she was watching. She said 'it isn't no film-Plane just hit 1 of the twin towers' I stood there stunned with her and the 2nd 1 then hit.

Anyhow that last bit is off the subject.

Back to George :14:

ClivetheVillan - 25/7/2013 08:21

So you think I might have had a chance of getting in the back of her Roller afterall?