Will you ever exist again? | Vital Football

Will you ever exist again?

thefacehead

Vital Football Hero
This is not a religious thread, and I don't want a religious input. Does anyone believe that when you die you could possibly become conscious again?

I don't mean like a Buddhist reincarnation, although very similar. Even if it took billions of years and several different universes, is it actually inevitable that you will once again be conscious in some form? You would have no memory of your previous existence, because all of your learning comes from your current existence. You'd in a sense never die, because when you die time has no meaning, you'd become conscious again 'instantly'. Just a theory of mine, it falls in line with infinity by its nature in the way I understand it.

great question, and all I can add is isn't it weird that we're here, now, all the years gone by we could have come and gone, is it just timing that we're here now, for our 1 life, or are we always here?

Well there's also the multiverse theory just to add another element, lol.

Consciousness is a very strange thing on it's own, we only become self aware after 3 or 4 years as a human, yet 'we've' existed while not be concious of it, that is fact!

Pride of Lions - 2/2/2015 12:44

Freeman14 - 2/2/2015 12:37

or maybe somewhere else?

You can never say never can you?.......

:14:

Indeed, and it's certainly nice to believe there is more to it all than this world. Even if religion falls well short of convincing me they know any more than I.

Interesting. Yes I do believe our consciousness/souls carries on in some way when we die. How that is I am not sure. I have seen too much in this life and when Mom was passing and passed to think there is nothing after death. There is however it is we will all find out one day.

Will have a look at those U Tube links later. Thanks for posting

kefkat - 2/2/2015 15:12

Interesting. Yes I do believe our consciousness/souls carries on in some way when we die.

Sorry but that is not what the thread is about, its not about 'souls', but whether in a mathematical and scientific sense you will 'be' again, because time is infinite and meaningless at the same time, is it inevitable that in the future you will be concious again in another form.

Not having a go but I don't want any religious elements involved in the discussion is all.

thefacehead - 2/2/2015 15:17

Interesting. Yes I do believe our consciousness/souls carries on in some way when we die.

Sorry but that is not what the thread is about, its not about 'souls', but whether in a mathematical and scientific sense you will 'be' again, because time is infinite and meaningless at the same time, is it inevitable that in the future you will be concious again in another form.

Not having a go but I don't want any religious elements involved in the discussion is all.

I know and I respect that. I am not bringing religion into it as far as I know. Soul is but a word face. If it offends I will use the word consciousness then. For me it is 1 and the same

kefkat - 2/2/2015 15:20

I know and I respect that. I am not bringing religion into it as far as I know. Soul is but a word face. If it offends I will use the word consciousness then. For me it is 1 and the same

The problem with using the world 'soul' is that it implies that is 'you' whereas a concious a state of being self aware, that is a massive difference.

As I said above, I find it interesting that we only become self aware after 2 or 3, before which we're just a load of molecules making lots of noise and pooing.

thefacehead - 2/2/2015 15:24

kefkat - 2/2/2015 15:20

The problem with using the world 'soul' is that it implies that is 'you' whereas a concious a state of being self aware, that is a massive difference.

As I said above, I find it interesting that we only become self aware after 2 or 3, before which we're just a load of molecules making lots of noise and pooing.

Yes it is interesting: Oh not just pooing, screaming and carrying on with the terrible two's :19: We learn so much before we are 4 yet it seems we are still in a state of no concious until we have learnt all the basics for life, like eating, dressing, pooing in the right place, walking etc. oh and talking

Now i find this thread intruiging cos straight away when you mention about when we are younger 3 or 4 years until we actually become ''self aware'' the information that makes us who we are ''consciousness'' is it really us or another form of counsciousness basically do we perceive just conscious itself rather than the information we carry, so am we just passengers on the conscious train wherever it form physical life to perceivce or is there more ''us'' involved and it is actually us carried on from now sometime in another time or domain?

True that face dude, fascinating stuff, gets my weird wired brain sparking these debates lol, what scares the shat out of me is thinking you could be just a piece of bacteria or a slug and you wouldn't even know it, or is there really a level of perceived consciousness where we am building our experiances and progress up the levels of different forms of perception, i know religion mentions these things but not on about that just some form of cosmos consiousness we am all part of or even bigger than that but we won't realise it being so low like now in the conscious levels,,,,,,fascinating, cheers face dude feeling flued up and poorly you have made me perk up a bit here xx

thefacehead - 2/2/2015 12:40

Well there's also the multiverse theory just to add another element, lol.

Consciousness is a very strange thing on it's own, we only become self aware after 3 or 4 years as a human, yet 'we've' existed while not be concious of it, that is fact!

Can this be argued?

Can you produce a link where it is confirmed a new born baby is not self aware?