Will WM still broadcast Villa games? | Vital Football

Will WM still broadcast Villa games?

Holte139

Vital Squad Member
After the announcement of our new AVTV Live service does anybody know if commentary for our games will still be provided by WM? I've heard that they are but aren't available online due to licensing restrictions?

I understand why Villa are charging because they're going to want to invest in a new part of the business, but considering this was provided for free last season as part of the season ticket, it seems a bit much to slap a £45 price tag onto the commentary. I won't drone on about it as it's for another discussion really but I would have thought they could at least provide a slightly discounted rate for ST holders to access away commentary.

Anyway, if worst comes to worst and away commentary isn't available online, how can I access WM?

Yes WM are still broadcasting our games. The did last night and they are commentating from Cardiff on Saturday.

The only thing you have to be aware of is which platform they use , they do different games on DAB and FM.

Anyone know what that dodgy on line thing was that broadcast last seasons games for those of us outside the Bham area.

Villan57 - 10/8/2017 20:38

I use a radio , its a bit old fashioned I know but it works for me

What's one of those? :179:

sirdennis - 10/8/2017 20:42

Yes WM are still broadcasting our games. The did last night and they are commentating from Cardiff on Saturday.

The only thing you have to be aware of is which platform they use , they do different games on DAB and FM.

Thanks for that sirden. It looks like I'm back to where I started then - either pay for a DAB/FM radio or pay for the audio sub. I've listened to all my radio through the internet for years!

wittonite - 10/8/2017 21:01

Anyone know what that dodgy on line thing was that broadcast last seasons games for those of us outside the Bham area.

Was that the one that you could here a girl giggling in the background i think it was Periscope.

hightrinity - 10/8/2017 21:17

wittonite - 10/8/2017 21:01

Was that the one that you could here a girl giggling in the background i think it was Periscope.
Thank you hightrinity. Yes it was.