Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have?

Will we sign a "striker" this window, or finish the season with what we have?

• We will sign someone, but he will be past his prime.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will sign someone, but he will not be primarily considered a "striker."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will make do with what we already have until Son and Kane return.

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
DON'T DO IT Tottenham should NOT sign Andy Carroll from West Ham, says former manager Harry Redknapp

Ex-Spurs boss casts his doubts on the transfer talk and says it’s ‘not a signing Mauricio Pochettino would go for’

Former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has rubbished rumours linking Andy Carroll with a shock move to Spurs, insisting the striker doesn’t fit their style.
The West Ham man has emerged as a surprise target for the north London club, with reports claiming he could join them this month to provide cover for injured Harry Kane – who is sidelined until March.
Carroll, who only scored three goals in 2017, started for the Hammers in their 2-0 defeat to Bournemouth but is out on contract in the summer and could be signed for around £2million.
But there seems to be little sense in signing an injury-plagued player as back-up to one currently on the sidelines.

Harry Kane has suffered ankle ligament damage
And Redknapp has warned his former club against the deal.
Speaking on Monday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: “It’s difficult for Spurs because where do you find somebody who is going to want to come and play for four or five weeks, knowing that he’s not going to be playing after because once Harry Kane is fit and Son comes back they’re not going to be in the team?
“You’re not going to get a top, top player who is going to be willing to do that. So do they take a chance on Andy Carroll?
“Listen, he is effective. If you use him in the right areas and you get balls into the box for him, there’s no one better.

gossip
Andy Carroll linked with shock move to injury-hit Tottenham and could sign for £2m

“I know they got crosses in yesterday for the goals, but in the main Tottenham really don’t play with wide men, their crosses will come from full backs and I don’t see Pochettino suddenly changing his style to be hitting long diagonal balls up to Andy Carroll and running off him…
“I’m not sure that would be a move Pochettino would go for.
“And West Ham need him! He started in the team on Saturday!”

Agree with Harry R re Carroll, he's just not the style of forward we need or would fit in.

I have a feeling that unless Moura returns, we may need to play counter attacking route 1 football....

But who knows; Poch always seems to find a 'solution'.....

He's already saying that Ali's injury is a 'massive opportunity' for other players..!!

Eric Dier backs Tottenham’s Fernando Llorente to fill Kane void

Fernando Llorente made his first Premier League start for more than a year on Sunday. Photograph: Michael Zemanek/BPI/REX/Shutterstock

Eric Dier believes Fernando Llorente can help fill the void created by Harry Kane’s absence if Tottenham can play to the Spaniard’s strengths.

Spurs are expected to be without Kane until early March due to an ankle injury but came from behind to beat Fulham on Sunday thanks an injury-time winner from Harry Winks. Llorente, who made his first Premier League start for the club in more than a year, scored an own goal in the first half and passed up several chances to find the net at the other end.

But with Tottenham due to face Chelsea in the second leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final on Thursday at Stamford Bridge with a 1-0 advantage from the first leg, Dier has backed the 33-year-old to find his form.

“Fernando’s a very good player. He has very good qualities,” said the England midfielder. “We need to give him the service he needs to demonstrate his qualities. We can do that and he can help the team.

“It’s not a question of if we can cope without Harry or not,” added Dier. “Harry’s one of the best strikers in the world, any team would feel the loss if Harry wasn’t playing, so we have to find a solution and move on. It’s normal – he’s one of the best strikers in the world. People are going to be talking about it when he’s injured but we’ve just got to get on with it. Injuries happen in football and that’s why you have a squad and not just 11 players.”

Nonetheless, with Son Heung-min also absent on Asian Cup duty and Dele Alli forced off against Fulham with a hamstring injury that means he is not expected to feature, Tottenham’s squad will be stretched near to capacity against Chelsea. Dier’s return from a bout of appendicitis that had kept him sidelined since the start of December was a rare piece of good news for manager Mauricio Pochettino, who is attempting to end the club’s of losing in seven successive semi-finals.

It’s another fantastic game for us, another huge game,” said Dier. “We’re going to have to be at our best if we want to win and put ourselves in a good position to do that in the first leg, so it’s just a question of preparing for the game. We know it’s going to be a really difficult game. We’ve had some fantastic games against Chelsea in the past couple of years so hopefully that’s another one.”

Go get Zlatan for a month !!!

This makes more sense than any other short term solution imo. Can cover us til Sonny is back and probably better than most of the other options out there.

Obviously I'd rather we got a long term solution in but if it was the Zlatan or nothing you know he'd love to help us win our first trophy in 11 years to carry on his legend.

I have a feeling that unless Moura returns, we may need to play counter attacking route 1 football....

But who knows; Poch always seems to find a 'solution'.....

He's already saying that Ali's injury is a 'massive opportunity' for other players..!!

For the chavs game, we will be under pressure and need to play on the counter, yesterdays lineup had no pace , but luckily we dominated the ball, different kettle of fish entirely on Thursday, if fit Moura up top, and also N'Koudo somewhere up there as well, Llorente and Lamela would be a sluggish nightmare.

I used to look at Carrol and believe he had it all - some of the top scouts in the country would be gushing about him close by.

He then turned into a medics nightmare.

If only someone could keep him fit and get him playing the way he could, he'd be unstoppable.

I wouldn't be surprised or down-hearted if Poch tried.

he'd sign almost any deal to have a chance to play for us - of course a ridiculous physical gamble, but I was once told that he'd only grow into his frame as he reached the end of his twenties and then the soft tissue injuries would end...

Would I take that gamble now? Probably.(assuming the spam would let him join us in Jan for a small fee).

Would rather have Nasri and Chicharito instead right about now.

Hell it is time we field the likes of Skipp, KWP, and company...bring on the young lads!!!!

Screw it, with all of our injuries may as well accelerate the 'project' at bit.

Bathsuayi is the obvious recruit at this desperate moment of our season.He would fit in easily-fast,two-footed,direct,scores goals & young.We need a midfielder to replace Dembele too.Get on with it Levy or your gilded palace will look pretty stupid next season ,with no Champions League,your manager gone & your best players with him.
This is a crisis -wake up up ENIC.

Hell it is time we field the likes of Skipp, KWP, and company...bring on the young lads!!!!

Screw it, with all of our injuries may as well accelerate the 'project' at bit.

And if it kills our CL hopes and ruins them?

Quite telling that last week when Sissoko went off he didn’t bring on Skipp and yesterday left the 1/10 Llorente rather than bring on Sterling

And if it kills our CL hopes and ruins them?

Quite telling that last week when Sissoko went off he didn’t bring on Skipp and yesterday left the 1/10 Llorente rather than bring on Sterling

Telling of what? And how exactly will it kill our CL hopes? (just playing devils advocate with you a bit Kiny)

I honestly am not sure why Skipp isn't given a shot with our injury issues, especially if he is fit. (against a weak Fulham would have been perfect break in)

As for leaving Llorente on the pitch...I absolutely have not clue. I mean if that tactic simply isn't working...maybe try another...again in my humble opinion making a tactical change up top for an hugely ineffective Llorente would have been very appropriate.

Telling of what? And how exactly will it kill our CL hopes? (just playing devils advocate with you a bit Kiny)

I honestly am not sure why Skipp isn't given a shot with our injury issues, especially if he is fit. (against a weak Fulham would have been perfect break in)

As for leaving Llorente on the pitch...I absolutely have not clue. I mean if that tactic simply isn't working...maybe try another...again in my humble opinion making a tactical change up top for an hugely ineffective Llorente would have been very appropriate.

He doesn’t fully believe they are ready.

If they are not ready in the managers mind and played as no other choice it will lead to more lost points.