Will the OT threads die in here? | Vital Football

Will the OT threads die in here?

Roger Ramjet

Vital Reserves Team
I'm not personally convinced that creating a second forum is the solution, but we shall see. I prefer a mixed bag of things in one place but can see that the OT's may put people off joining.

either way round, I have to move around in the cupboard from drawer to drawer, which is more cumbersome. The OT drawer on FM died from being separated and when it came back in house OT topics flourished - perhaps too much so in one case.

either way round, I have to move around in the cupboard from drawer to drawer, which is more cumbersome. The OT drawer on FM died from being separated and when it came back in house OT topics flourished - perhaps too much so in one case.

Presumably the Brexit one or are you alluding to the music one? ;)

Or maybe it's because some cannot compete, We shall see.:wack:

How can a thread ‘flourish too much’?
Threads only flourish if there is interest...generating interest in threads is the point isn’t it.
Don’t understand those who moan about threads - not you RR - if you’re not interested don’t read it.
Fact is there are more OT threads than not...must say something.

I'm not personally convinced that creating a second forum is the solution, but we shall see. I prefer a mixed bag of things in one place but can see that the OT's may put people off joining.
Just trying to make things clearer. I was also advised that we could add as many additional sections as we wanted.

To be honest I don't like all the 'OT' prefixes on the main footy section, makes it look odd and uncared for IMHO.............:unsure:
but PLEASE KEEP GIVING ME YOUR THOUGHTs

Well it’s 48 hours since anyone posted on the O/T section so I guess the answer to Roger’s question is...’yes’.

More to the point...the whole site seems to have taken a downward turn since the O/T’s were relegated.

You’re the boss Bloomer and I’m happy to go with the consensus on here but at the moment FM is much busier and some of that has very definitely been O/T. Just sayin’.

P.S. Sorry, we overlapped. My thoughts are...it’s better when people can see exactly what’s available and comment accordingly. There’s an O/T on FM about the Royal Wedding...it’s something I haven’t the slightest interest in so I ignore it...simple!

Last edited:
Just trying to make things clearer. I was also advised that we could add as many additional sections as we wanted.

To be honest I don't like all the 'OT' prefixes on the main footy section, makes it look odd and uncared for IMHO.............:unsure:
but PLEASE KEEP GIVING ME YOUR THOUGHTs

How about returning OT to the main board but dropping the OT prefix. Also some of the posters on here are too sensitive when foreigners like me appear and like Trump or Farage prefer a closed border or perhaps even like Israel just shoot us. These boards were designed for banter & debate so hopefully it will continue & we could have a few ding dong battles like we used to on FM.

Well it’s 48 hours since anyone posted on the O/T section so I guess the answer to Roger’s question is...’yes’.

More to the point...the whole site seems to have taken a downward turn since the O/T’s were relegated.

You’re the boss Bloomer and I’m happy to go with the consensus on here but at the moment FM is much busier and some of that has very definitely been O/T. Just sayin’.

P.S. Sorry, we overlapped. My thoughts are...it’s better when people can see exactly what’s available and comment accordingly. There’s an O/T on FM about the Royal Wedding...it’s something I haven’t the slightest interest in so I ignore it...simple!

My point was that seeing O/T on several threads does make the message board look untidy and many newbies are confused as to what OT means or what they should or shouldn't be posting.

To be quite honest I don't give a damn what is happening on FM. People have a choice and Vital Rams gives them another outlet. The choice is down to the individual. I just happen to think this MB has more functionality and offers more to the poster than FM. It also is easier to promote threads, which is something I have been trying to do of late...

If those involved with DCM boards were that interested in the Rams or producing a decent site, why haven't they written any articles since I left. The whole site (which includes the messageboard) has ceased to produce a single article since I left, so maybe those who choose to use that site better get writing quick, as I am pretty sure that the whole network will fold soon if nothing is done. at least three editors from varying sites have left and I know of one who has joined the Vital network.

Hang on Bloomer...no need to have a pop at me about FM. I’ve supported you and encouraged many to join Vital, but I’ve always had time for Andy and thus contribute to both forums. I agree that Vital looks better and is, in some ways friendlier, but you asked for opinions. Mine is that there are more OT threads than specific DCFC threads and it was also noticeable that FM had begun picking up once you changed the means of identifying threads. My comments were well intentioned...nothing more. I’d like to see both forums and both moderators do well.

Basie, people aren’t ‘sensitive about foreigners’ like you. You are just totally insensitive to the fact that you usually only visit our (Derby) site to try and take the piss. That’s the only reason you get attacked.

Last edited:
Hang on Bloomer...no need to have a pop at me about FM. I’ve supported you and encouraged many to join Vital, but I’ve always had time for Andy and thus contribute to both forums. I agree that Vital looks better and is, in some ways friendlier, but you asked for opinions. Mine is that there are more OT threads than specific DCFC threads and it was also noticeable that FM had begun picking up once you changed the means of identifying threads. My comments were well intentioned...nothing more. I’d like to see both forums and both moderators do well.

Basie, people aren’t ‘sensitive about foreigners’ like you. You are just totally insensitive to the fact that you usually only visit our (Derby) site to try and take the piss. That’s the only reason you get attacked.
No POP intended ramAnag, just pointing out this is a new start for me after 20 years on FM and as such, I think I have the right to set this MB and website up as I think is correct and how it successfully ran for many years on FM.

People are entitled to post where ever they like for me and I hope that this MB will grow. I have had encouraging signs from people joining and leaving comments at the bottom of our Website articles, something I would encourage each of you to do.

Onwards and Upwards eh!..................and again I apologise if you thought my comments were aimed at any individual

Okay...I’m sure your right...you do have every right to set it up how you think fit, you do have a good product imo and you also asked for opinions.
I sincerely wish you well and I hope the message board will grow...not sure the O/T decision will work but I’ll bow to your greater knowledge.

Latest Rams News