Will keane | Page 2 | Vital Football

Will keane

It is funny the amount of glaring sitters Keane misses but he still keeps popping up to score crucial goals.

I remember Andy Cole was a bit like that in his prime at United, he got a lot of stick for not taking all of his chances but he was so good at getting into goal scoring positions he still ended up outscoring more clinical strikers.

I think Keane's got 15 goals this year and if it wasn't for a dodgy lineman it would be 16 with his disallowed winner against Ipswich. Which is more goals in the first half of this season than he scored in his senior career combined prior to joining us. What a turn around.

Just goes to show what a top signing Stockton is going to be. 500k is a steal for him. Pity it's not us...or is it ?

‘ast’urdout’ ? 😲

Unfortunately not owd lad, but what a gud un he'd be.

If Talal reads this sign him up pal.

I'm still not sure if Charlie will play again this season so this would be a great investment. His price is only going one way.

Unfortunately not owd lad, but what a gud un he'd be.

If Talal reads this sign him up pal.

I'm still not sure if Charlie will play again this season so this would be a great investment. His price is only going one way.

I think Preston will probably get him if they are really interested as it would be less disruption for him and his family.

Reckon this lad could be a £5 to £10 million sale within 2 years. To me it would be great business.

Could be, but unproven at Championship level and done little in the last two or three previous seasons. Could be a one season wonder or he could be a great buy, either way I think Magennis is a better option for us at the moment.

Could be, but unproven at Championship level and done little in the last two or three previous seasons. Could be a one season wonder or he could be a great buy, either way I think Magennis is a better option for us at the moment.

Aye, all of that could be true but after Kiefer Moore being mooted at £10 mill i think this guy could be a better all round player. Moore looked clumsy to me but a good header.

Aye, all of that could be true but after Kiefer Moore being mooted at £10 mill i think this guy could be a better all round player. Moore looked clumsy to me but a good header.

It's the lack of previous that worries me. He has been around for a while in the lower leagues and not done a lot.

Preston, Barnsley, Rotherham and Oxford are being linked to Stockton.

I really have been impressed with Stockton, but the question marks over why he's not done anything before this season are hard to ignore for half a million.

Warne had already said the link to Rotherham wasn't true and he'd only go for a striker if Lapado goes - which hasn't happened yet.

Do Oxford have 500k? I guess is depends if they can sell someone for decent money.

Barnsley and Preston both make sense but even if he's the real deal in L1 there's no guarentee he could take the step up to the Champ - so it's a bigger risk for them than us in L1 . If he goes to Preston i suspect we could end up with Ched Evans until the end of the season - which probably suits us.

He wouldn't be the first bang average striker to have a 1 off season of their life and then do nothing ever again and he wouldn't be the first striker to have a poor career then suddenly find their mojo either. It's a massive risk vs reward situation.

I think someone will end up buying him on deadline day in a mad rush (i wouldn't completely rule us out yet) and it'll be really interesting to see how it plays out.

I hope we aren't going in for Stockton based purely on what others have said re: his goal scoring feat prior to this season.