Will I ever drink my charbonney | Vital Football

Will I ever drink my charbonney

DRAGNET

Vital 1st Team Regular
I have in my drinks cabinet a bottle of the finest chardonnay blended with the finest grapes and fruits of the southern hemisphere, which I have vowed to open only when we win the next away game. That wine as been lingering in that cabinet gaining in value as it gains in maturity. I am losing faith that it will be opened this season under our current Manager, who seems incapable of finding the right answer to this problem. Will I have my wish after we play Reading although I have a feeling we will come away with a 2-0 defeat. Maybe if we approach the game without fear Sin Miedo as advocated by Roberto, and Man U in midweek I could be popping the cork on Sat night.

Even when we used to win every week you were convinced we were going to either draw 1-1 or lose next match, so I don't think you'll ever find a reason to drink it.

Invite PC to help you drink it if we win away. I think he may pick an attacking line up

I have in my drinks cabinet a bottle of the finest chardonnay blended with the finest grapes and fruits of the southern hemisphere, which I have vowed to open only when we win the next away game. That wine as been lingering in that cabinet gaining in value as it gains in maturity. I am losing faith that it will be opened this season under our current Manager, who seems incapable of finding the right answer to this problem. Will I have my wish after we play Reading although I have a feeling we will come away with a 2-0 defeat. Maybe if we approach the game without fear Sin Miedo as advocated by Roberto, and Man U in midweek I could be popping the cork on Sat night.
If its in a standard drinks cabinet it means its not ready to be drunk. Needs to be in a chiller - all ready & waiting at 4:45'sh pm.

Chardonnay ?.....save time and bother, uncork it now, warm or cold and proceed to pour it down the sink......or ‘gift it’ to someone you’re not keen on or someone you do like, but who are prepared to sup ‘owt.

Now if someone gives you a NZ (Marlborough) Sauvignon Blanc .... get that chilled and waiting and pray for a reason (good or bad) to open up !

I take it you are female Dragnet as Chardonnay is a girls drink along with that pink rose tinted shit.
Get yourself a decent bottle of red, a proper wine.

How wrong could you be,
some of Draggers posts are legendary red blooded male comments including his "getting off at Edge Hill" traduction.

Just going off this one post Sid. 'White wine" can't stand the stuff myself and I truly thought only girls drank it.

Think you missed the bus on this one Draggers old bean. Should have used the excuse of the victory in Dubai to pop the cork as even the eternal optimist that I am I don't see us breaking our duck any time soon. Get it opened and savour the creamy butterscotch taste while you are still able to.

But which other away games will we have this season, that aren't in the Championship? Or are you referring to the Dubai game?

I was meaning if we were unfortunate enough to go down without an away win would a L1 away win next season do the job or would it have to be another promotion and away win.

But hopefully we'll get a miracle and he can crack it open tomorrow.

I was meaning if we were unfortunate enough to go down without an away win would a L1 away win next season do the job or would it have to be another promotion and away win.

But hopefully we'll get a miracle and he can crack it open tomorrow.

Ah, I see. And to think we were all so optimistic after that win against Stoke.

There has been so many opportunities and winnable away games we've been piss poor in, which in the end of season reckoning will likely be a determining factor in deciding our fate.

I think we've found the reason for our poor away from.
Perhaps Cook has a bottle of Chardonnay and he's saving it for our next away win. But as he really hates the stuff he's playing not to win away. Saving himself from the delights of the vinegar taste.
Perhaps someone should go round to Euxton and swap the Chardonnay for a case of Peroni :party: