Will Grigg | Page 4 | Vital Football

Will Grigg

The stadium was definitely rocking that night....big, broad, beaming smile upon leaving the stadium some 15/20 mins after the final whistle 😃🍻

Jimmy and Max got some form back with us. Maybe if he finds his love for the game again he could do a job for us.

Hope the jammy gets have settled the balance.

I think they paid something like 3.25m initially with another 750k in add ons. We got 250k for their promotion last week but I suspect with his lack of appearances and goals for them, we probably didn't get any of the other add ons.

Even without getting the full 4m it must go down in our history as one of the best sales we ever did.

I think they paid something like 3.25m initially with another 750k in add ons. We got 250k for their promotion last week but I suspect with his lack of appearances and goals for them, we probably didn't get any of the other add ons.

Even without getting the full 4m it must go down in our history as one of the best sales we ever did.
Well the 250k will contribute towards the Vegas piss up.

I heard it was 2m upfront. Going upto 3m if promoted to Championship among other add ons and then if promoted to Premier League another 1m to take up to 4m. The Premier League clause was in, because it was funny they thought within 3 years they would do it. We would likely have got between 2.5 and 3m I think. For someone who after knackering his knee and getting constant knee and muscle injuries in that leg for 18 months after it was decent money.

Shame for the lad because he was really getting to grips with the Championship and firing goals past Premier League teams for fun but after the first injury just never got back to his full level.

Yanic Wildschut to Norwich for £7m beats it in terms of value, even if it did get us relegated. Those bastards didn't play him again once he'd reached 29 appearances as 30 would have triggered a big fee. But like Grigg they got promoted despite him playing no part so we were quids in.

I heard it was 2m upfront. Going upto 3m if promoted to Championship among other add ons and then if promoted to Premier League another 1m to take up to 4m. The Premier League clause was in, because it was funny they thought within 3 years they would do it. We would likely have got between 2.5 and 3m I think. For someone who after knackering his knee and getting constant knee and muscle injuries in that leg for 18 months after it was decent money.

Shame for the lad because he was really getting to grips with the Championship and firing goals past Premier League teams for fun but after the first injury just never got back to his full level.

I had a quick look back it was widly reported 3m rising to 4m in extras, i think BBC reported at the time it was 3.25 fee guaranteed. Kendrick confirmed 250k for their promotion. You're right about the clause of Prem promotion but I suspect that was so unrealistic that it wouldn't have made up a big chunk of the add ons.

Yanic Wildschut to Norwich for £7m beats it in terms of value, even if it did get us relegated. Those bastards didn't play him again once he'd reached 29 appearances as 30 would have triggered a big fee. But like Grigg they got promoted despite him playing no part so we were quids in.

If I remember correctly I think it was something like 5m guarenteed with another 2m+ in potential add ons. As you say they dodged some of the add ons but I think it was 1m from their promotion.

Last edited: