Will Grigg | Page 3 | Vital Football

Will Grigg

Loved him, our last great striker but without the support he had previously a bit of a wasted salary we can't afford.

The admins think bringing back Will Grigg will soften the blow for when they flog Kyle Joseph.

TBH mate if that was the deal and we got a decent price for Kyle with good add ons I for one would not be opposed.

KJ is learning his trade and his two misses on Tuesday highlight that he has a way to go, WG on the other hand has a proven track record of goals in this division.

I still think it would be a mistake for Grigg to return as the members of this board would surely crucify him if he didn't hit the ground running but that said bringing in an experienced hit man and allowing a young gun to leave would not be a total disaster.

If the admins get a decent fee for Joseph and are prepared to use that to cover Griggs wages then for me it's not a bad deal.

If Joseph did go it would certainly soften the blow. Ideally i'd like both of them to be in our starting 11.

It's a shame we can't get Grigg back on an 18 month loan.
I read somewhere that Latics are struggling to get 1000 match subscriptions.
Bringing in a club hero like Will would help fans reconnect with the club and the extra match revenue would help towards wages. Without selling Joseph.

It's a shame we can't get Grigg back on an 18 month loan.
I read somewhere that Latics are struggling to get 1000 match subscriptions.
Bringing in a club hero like Will would help fans reconnect with the club and the extra match revenue would help towards wages. Without selling Joseph.

I think everyone is so demoralised that we are down to the hardest of hardcore fans. If Grigg did come back it certainly would raise the spirits.

But looking at squad spaces i have a feeling Griggs arrival is dependent on Joseph's departure unfortunately.