Will Grigg to Sunderland | Page 9 | Vital Football

Will Grigg to Sunderland

Cook doesn’t want to loose grigg he said so in pre match last week. Griggs in the plans just need the rest of the front four back. Now Jacobs has returned and Powell training again think you’ll see Grigg getting regular play. Just because another club making offers doesn’t mean he’s going.

Nixon said it's a more reasonable bid but already been rejected. We aren't looking to sell and we aren't expecting Sunderland to meet our value this window.

But personally i've got strange vibes from Cooks interview to me the words are chosen quite carefully to leave a back door to sell him. He said in one interview he's had chats about it with Will, but didn't really say he told Grigg not to go or that the player wants to stay - it seemed strange to mention it but not follow up with a positive message about keeping Grigg if there was one.

He also could've easily brought Grigg on at 3 up on Saturday to calm down the speculation but probably hyped it up by choosing Vaughan instead - so i can honestly see Grigg going go late in the window (maybe even out on loan) if we get a replacement as we are desperate for another striker but have so many on the books in the forward role i can't see us bringing one in without offloading one at least and Grigg is the one that would most likely be by the looks of it - as i'm not sure there is any option to offload anyone else and they are all ahead of Grigg at the moment in the becking order.

I'd be surprised if Grigg got back into the side when Powell etc are all fit.
How would people feel if Grigg was sold for a decent amount and one of our young strikers was given a chance in the 1st team?

He’ll go no doubt about it. We just need to hold our nerve and not cave in to player pressure. Sunderland will get desperate as the deadline draws closer and offer good money.

Tbh I think grigg is a great league 1 player always struggles a little with the step up, that said due to injuries last time we were here and this season he doesn’t seem to get the service he needs due to our forced style of play not suiting him. There are other strikers I would move out first but if we got a million plus offers from Sunderland I can see Grigg wanting the move if he’s not guaranteed to play here. Hate to see him go but if the right striker available to replace him so be it. Not convinced it’s a right move but we need to trust cook.

I think a big thing will also be how the form, confidence and league standings look before the end of the window. If things are looking positive to stay up i think we'll be much more willing to cash in than if things are looking iffy and L1 is a strong possibility.

I think if we had 10 more points then i think we'd be happier to sell as if we stay up Grigg is a lot less valuable than if we go down.

If we replace him with someone better then I can understand us letting him go. If we don't then it'll be another pointless transfer.

We should be looking to move Vaughan on tbh, he give you 100% but he's probably not as good as Garner or Grigg in their respective different roles. He'll never let you down for commitment but he's probably note quite suited to play the lone front man like we do at this level.

I'd be surprised if Grigg got back into the side when Powell etc are all fit.
How would people feel if Grigg was sold for a decent amount and one of our young strikers was given a chance in the 1st team?
Cole been called back umm

Just skipped to the Grigg negotiations with Sunderland last season on the new series of the Sunderland Documentary.

Whoever was in charge of the negotiating deserves an award to get a league 1 highest transfer fee for Grigg. Well worth watching if you have Netflix, it’s episode 4.

Just skipped to the Grigg negotiations with Sunderland last season on the new series of the Sunderland Documentary.

Whoever was in charge of the negotiating deserves an award to get a league 1 highest transfer fee for Grigg. Well worth watching if you have Netflix, it’s episode 4.

Only just found it, for anyone searching it is series 2

Not perhaps for those that have never seen the show, however I take your point.

As you said in your post, we played a blinder, now whether that was because we genuinely wanted to keep him and finally could not turn down what they offered or we played one of the best poker hands ever, we got an unbelievable deal out of it and credit must go to Sharpy and Jackson, and I imagine Paul Cook as well.

Not perhaps for those that have never seen the show, however I take your point.

As you said in your post, we played a blinder, now whether that was because we genuinely wanted to keep him and finally could not turn down what they offered or we played one of the best poker hands ever, we got an unbelievable deal out of it and credit must go to Sharpy and Jackson, and I imagine Paul Cook as well.

And we've struggled to score goals ever since!