Will CCV confound his critics? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Will CCV confound his critics?

He is a strange purchase and so different from the mold of young players we targeted before he came - Cheap young players with playing experience in lower/foreign league (Dier and Alli) or a world class talent with European experience (Sanchez).

All the players I mentioned got into our squad and provided immediate impact at a young age, and here we have a cat in the sack in his second year.

He isn't good enough to play for us at the PL level at this point, and I don't see him going on loan to get experience. Not sure how he can improve or how we could assess his abilities.

We simply can not afford to keep spending money on players who take forever to perform, especially when there is a probability of them not making the grade.
I know I always seem to have a different perspective than most, but for me we need to take chances on players like Foyth. Or at least for the next 3-5 years, £8-9m is nothing these days and I guess his salary is modest. He has a decent skill level and a certain amount of ball playing ability, his biggest problem is he's not getting enough game time IMO. If Leeds go up maybe an opportunity to loan him to Leeds might be an option, he's come from a complete different environment at a very young age. Look how long it took Sissoko to start showing his true form, then look at the fact that he had already played in the PL and was a seasoned international. Look at Son, many wanted him sold. The kid has been with us 20 months, I'm not so ready to write him off.

I'm not sure we should expect the finished article at centre half from a 19/20 year old from a different country. If you had put classy centre halves like Vertonghen or Carvalho through the same process in their early careers we might have been saying the same thing. Even Rio took a lot of stick in the early days and for me, him and Ledders were the 2 best English centre halves I've seen.

What's also interesting is that if you google Foyth Wiki says he's 1.87m (6'2") and then when you click on the link it says he's 5'10". Be interesting to hear from some season ticket holders exactly how tall he is. Clearly if he's 6'2" and is taking on muscle then he has every chance. All I've read all season is that he's too lightweight which is what he looks on TV.

Would rather give CCV a chance than Foyth but that isn't saying much.

We need better if we are to progress as a club.

Foyth gets a lot of stick for no real reason. His had a very mixed season for me. In some games he stepped up and looked top class. I cant remember which game it was but he had one of Europe's best attackers in his pocket (Hazard?) But then hes had games where hes looked lightweight or been error prone.

I'm absolutely confident that he has what takes to be every bit the player Toby is, but he just needs to get more experience and iron out his weaknesses.

As for CCV, I don't think hes going to step up. I thought he had a decent spell with Ipswich but he just seemed to not push on from it.

Foyth gets a lot of stick for no real reason. His had a very mixed season for me. In some games he stepped up and looked top class. I cant remember which game it was but he had one of Europe's best attackers in his pocket (Hazard?) But then hes had games where hes looked lightweight or been error prone.

I'm absolutely confident that he has what takes to be every bit the player Toby is, but he just needs to get more experience and iron out his weaknesses.

As for CCV, I don't think hes going to step up. I thought he had a decent spell with Ipswich but he just seemed to not push on from it.

He will never be as good as Toby. He isn't built like him, he doesn't have his pace, strength.

If he makes it as a CB it will be more in the Verts mould.

He gets stick because in every game he plays he makes at least one big mistake which normally proves costly and people are going over board about him.

He has some talent, but he really is nowhere near good enough to be a first 11 player for a title winning team.

I still say he needs a loan at a lower Premier league team. Iron out a few of his weaknesses.