Wilkinson to Dagenham | Vital Football

Wilkinson to Dagenham

Foxinthebox67

Vital Squad Member
My son has informed me that according to the club's twitter feed Wilkinson has gone to Dagenham. (I don't do twitter!)

Pretty sure PT was the reason we signed Wilkinson.

Maybe this will give him that much needed kick up the arse.

Pretty sure PT was the reason we signed Wilkinson.

I believe PT was advising the club on recruitment matters at the start of last season as AP was only described as the coach. This news backs up that theory.

If so, we have no reason to doubt that he also recommended Eaves and Lacey. Years ago, upon handing over management duties to Hess he was instrumental in recommending the signings of Marlon King, Chris Hope and Paul Shaw.

Whether Wilko does well at Dagenham depends on how often he starts and what service he gets.

Taylor quote - "I’m really delighted to have been able to sign Conor. He is a player I got to know at Gillingham FC and could be anything he wants to be. Hopefully, he will knuckle down and play some games and get some goals for us. "

An acknowledgement that he hasn't been?

Hopefully get himself a deal to switch there permanently in January.

Does the Bondz Ngala rule still apply i.e. only two clubs in a season?

I think Lovell has managed this whole situation very well. Before the Bradford game we had just lost in an appalling manner to Plymouth, and he sent players home who weren't putting the effort in. Questions were asked whether he had lost the dressing room etc, the attitude against Bradford proved otherwise. Now we have one player back who looks like he took the kick up the arse on board (Parker) and one who is now playing in the national league (Wilko) Message is now clear to the rest of the squad... give 100 per cent or fuck off.

Ideally, he'll be playing at a level where he can hone his goal scoring skills and come back a better player. Perhaps Nash could have a spell there after his time with whoever it is.

I won't hold my breath for too long but one has to be optimistic - where are my pills mother?

I think Lovell has managed this whole situation very well. Before the Bradford game we had just lost in an appalling manner to Plymouth, and he sent players home who weren't putting the effort in. Questions were asked whether he had lost the dressing room etc, the attitude against Bradford proved otherwise. Now we have one player back who looks like he took the kick up the arse on board (Parker) and one who is now playing in the national league (Wilko) Message is now clear to the rest of the squad... give 100 per cent or fuck off.
I agree but Parker was only warming the bench at Plymouth.