Wiles Scores Both In Millers Away Win | Vital Football

Wiles Scores Both In Millers Away Win

At last - a Millers midfielder gets on the scoresheet! Well done and let's hope that we will see some more. Great result. Sounds like Wiles was unlucky not to get a hat-trick. Warney has just said on Radio Sheffield that Ihiekwe was only just cleared to play at 10.30 this morning, due to Covid isolation regulations, so probably hasn't been doing full training in the week.

One worry though is that Mattock and Wood were booked again. We are down to the bare bones in defence as it is, we can't afford any suspensions.

Last edited:
A great result at what will most likely be one of the more difficult places we'll play at this season against one of the better teams in this league.
Two great goals from Wiles after he'd been getting some criticism from a few fans lately and being left out of the team last week so that will no doubt have done his confidence the world of good.
Another outstanding performance from Rathbone. He covered every inch of that pitch today and was still running around like a man possessed in the 97th minute.
Well done to every Miller's player today though because they all played their part in a great display, but a special mention for the defence because they battled for everything today and kept a clean sheet, well done guys.

Maybe he was rightly criticised maybe wrongly but whichever he certainly proved today what he can do.

Warney said, after the game, that he's going to have to start to take Rathbone off before the final whistle as he (Warne) doesn't want to lose the reputation of being the fittest man at the club!

Ha-ha yes, I know it's all "tongue in cheek" from Warney when he says things like that but he's absolutely right about Rathbone, he never stops. I watched the game on t.v. today and I couldn't believe how he just kept going, from one end of the pitch to the other. He reminds me of Shawn Goodwin who also used to get up and down the pitch with his all action style. The only thing that worries me about Rathbone is that he's not afraid to go in for a tackle but sometimes he goes in like a steamroller. He went in hard a couple of times today and thankfully the referee didn't book him, even though I fully expected him to. He needs to think about it sometimes because we don't want to lose his services this season, he's irreplaceable in my opinion. Long may it last,

Last edited:
I think he's what makes the team tick, Nez. Saying that I know what you mean about his tackling - perhaps one of the back room staff should make his aware of it, although, if it's part of his game then trying to curb that enthusiasm might do more harm than good?