Wilder - stubborn, egotistical, greedy bastard | Vital Football

Wilder - stubborn, egotistical, greedy bastard

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
No convincing me otherwise.

He clearly engineered his own departure like a real brat.

Nothing can take away the great things he's done for the club but he's an arsehole and leaves on bad terms.

You know what, I'm actually glad he's gone.

His next job will reveal just how good he really is.

It as left a bad taste in the mouth.thing is with another club he wont have time to recruit and build a side to play the system he likes, he deffo wont get to lose a lot unless he drops way down again. good luck to him. but hes fucked up and he needs to hold his hands up.

I'm sure he'll carry on with the 3-5-2 system elsewhere because if he abandoned it he'd lose his identity in his own mind as the great revolutionary he thinks he is. Even though he never used 3-5-2 before stumbling upon it here.

I think he'll end up at West Brom and finish about 6th.

He'll likely be without Alan Knill too, won't he.

It'll be interesting, anyway. I expect something of a reality check for him.

I think he has some ability as a coach and I think he will have some success again at a lower level than the prem. I doubt he needs to work again though and will probably do a bit of punditry at some point.

I think he has some ability as a coach and I think he will have some success again at a lower level than the prem. I doubt he needs to work again though and will probably do a bit of punditry at some point.
Be hopes he’s better than Harry and Colin were at it

In common with 30,000 other Blades I have just spent the last four and a half years chanting ‘Chrissie Wilder - he’s one of our own’
The cemetery is full of indispensable men, I get that. But if this is now how we treat one of our own God help the rest of them!
I 100% agree Silent, but i think you can get ready for one or two to have a few grumbles at you mi owd pal.:yes: Our Chris will always be a Blades hero in my opinion.UTB

Last edited:
The higher you climb, the harder you fall.
He gave us 4 amazing seasons...........which I won't forget...........and left the club in a much better place than when he arrived.

The ending was probably always going to be messy - he's a big character.

I'm sure he'll carry on with the 3-5-2 system elsewhere because if he abandoned it he'd lose his identity in his own mind as the great revolutionary he thinks he is. Even though he never used 3-5-2 before stumbling upon it here.

I think he'll end up at West Brom and finish about 6th.

He'll likely be without Alan Knill too, won't he.

It'll be interesting, anyway. I expect something of a reality check for him.

Thats not true. He said he'd used it occasionally at Northampton when they were losing and seemed to work. When he started off as Blades boss he played 4-4-2 but for first four games it wasn't working, so he shuffled it round and it worked

I just wish the Prince hadn't told us about the £4m demand.

As I've said in another post, if it is true that CW had it written into his exit agreement that he cannot publicly talk about it then its unprofessional of the club to make public statements as CW cannot legally respond

You must remember we are some of the most serious cases affected by Unitediteism........ some Blades aren’t affected to the same degree.
Still Unitedites just not as chronic.
So Chris is one of our own to a degree........ oh and he walked with £millions

In common with 30,000 other Blades I have just spent the last four and a half years chanting ‘Chrissie Wilder - he’s one of our own’
The cemetery is full of indispensable men, I get that. But if this is now how we treat one of our own God help the rest of them!

Fans have have a habit of putting players or managers on pedestals as long as the deliver results and don't rock the boat they are fantastic. Wilder isn't the first and won't be the last to want a payoff, if it is actually true. My only surprise is that you are surprised by some fans reaction, don't you understand their hurting.

I just wish the Prince hadn't told us about the £4m demand.
Says the man who begged for the prince to come clean about the situation, to speak to the 'deserving fans', to tell us what happened and how.

When he did he was TOO honest for you, too clear.

I get it now, you wanted to hear what you wanted to hear but, unfortunately the prince gave it warts and all.

Says the man who begged for the prince to come clean about the situation, to speak to the 'deserving fans', to tell us what happened and how.

When he did he was TOO honest for you, too clear.

I get it now, you wanted to hear what you wanted to hear but, unfortunately the prince gave it warts and all.
I told you I was happt to hear from him and that he spoke well except for the £4m
bit. What don't you understand about my thoughts on this and did you rasie it to
insult me or is it just banter?

I told you I was happt to hear from him and that he spoke well except for the £4m
bit. What don't you understand about my thoughts on this and did you rasie it to
insult me or is it just banter?
Tell me exactly what you found wrong with the disclosure about the 4m asked for Chips?

All you said was you wished he hadn't told us.Why?

My post was simply to point out the contradictions of wanting to hear from the prince and then you wishing he hadn't told us about the 4m.

I have to say that the version I was hearing from the CW side of things, differed somewhat from PA’s version. So, who to give most credence to? A down to earth Yorkshireman, or an Arab prince? Mmmmmmm. That’s a tricky one - and I’m not going to take sides in print.

However, I don’t think that private financial affairs should be made public. Chris never disclosed the amount Lunny was asking for, did he? That might have shocked a few Unitedites too. But, this is football we are talking about, so normal rules and ethics, most certainly don’t apply.
Let’s wait and see what happens in the future, before rushing to judgement, one way or the other.

Tell me exactly what you found wrong with the disclosure about the 4m asked for Chips?

All you said was you wished he hadn't told us.Why?

My post was simply to point out the contradictions of wanting to hear from the prince and then you wishing he hadn't told us about the 4m.
What contradiction TT. I called for him to talk to us and you and others said he wouldn't. I accept all he said as his truth and found it was revealing and to say agin, only the £4m jarred with me. Not a major issue but I found it one step too far.
I've not an issue if you differ on this, just my twp penneth.

What contradiction TT. I called for him to talk to us and you and others said he wouldn't. I accept all he said as his truth and found it was revealing and to say agin, only the £4m jarred with me. Not a major issue but I found it one step too far.
I've not an issue if you differ on this, just my twp penneth.
I'll try one last time chips.
Why was the 4m a problem for you?

Contradiction definition-a combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another.
You wanted the prince to speak. He spoke . Then you 'wish he hadn't mentioned the 4m'.
There's the contradiction Chips. You got what you wanted when he spoke then you wished he hadn't uttered some parts of it.

You're coming across a bit like CW has now.Wanted everything until you didn't want the bits of it that don't suit.