Wilder lost dressing room | Page 7 | Vital Football

Wilder lost dressing room

Clutching at straws Chips.
He totally discredited himself when he lost the ownership battle.
Not hate from me-only met him a couple of times and he seemed OK- but my suspicions, my inclinations were, throughout his reign, that he wasn't the saint so many saw him as.

He proved that spectacularly in his bitter, spiteful end to the association and, for me, thank God he's gone ,hpefully never to darken the doors again.
No TT, he did in your eyes but not mine. He was bitter and so would I have been
(all for a £1 and £10m investment that will pay the Prince back 10 fold IMO). Next you'll be telling me he didn't keep us afloat mate.

I'm now torn with regard to Wilder staying.
IF the statements attributed to him about us being relegated already are true then I don't know that's the bloke I want in charge next year.
Apparently he's stated he wants the chance to bring us back up. Our owner has definitely stated Wilder stays to attempt that.
Maybe big lessons are and have been learned which, if Wilder stays and returns us to the top flight will benefit us hugely in cementing a place there.
I can't throw a name out that I would like to see replace him so calling for his head would be stupid.
Maybe it's best he stays. I would remain 100% supportive but would love to see an acceptance on his part that fans aren't just FIFA managers. Most have watched football for over half a century on this site in general and have learned a thing or two. One of which being football is ostensibly a simple game which this season we have overcomplicated with disastrous consequences irrespective of injuries. I dismiss conspiracy theories over refs and VAR decisions. They are just f u cking incompetent t w ats.
I'm now focusing on three things.
1. Pigs go down.
2. We get 1 more point.
3. Wycombe stay up. I want the opportunity to land a serious kick to remove Ainsworths ballsack.

No TT, he did in your eyes but not mine. He was bitter and so would I have been
(all for a £1 and £10m investment that will pay the Prince back 10 fold IMO). Next you'll be telling me he didn't keep us afloat mate.

Bitter- partly understandable for some afficionados but, for many more, confirmation that he couldn't take being bested, losing face-might have got that from his failed Chinese ventures whilst using SUFC's name
Spiteful- the true mark of the man- lost the argument so turned nasty. For me a total vindication of my long held beliefs about him.You need to follow the time line to see the transparency of his motives.
2013 in comes the prince to help him out with his failures and they toddle along happily for a few years as we bob about in the 3rd div.
2016/17 promotion and he starts to flex his muscles against the prince as his eyes light up as the money starts to come back in
2018/19- full scale assault as he realises he's going to have to share the PL riches so he turns nasty -and,ultimately, FAILS
2019.20 spiteful , pettiness.

The primary aim of a football club is to progress up the league ladder, I am sure we agree on that.

He oversaw the biggest decline - so failed.

As for keeping us afloat , well, here we are 12 months into a pandemic and just how many clubs have gone to the wall?
He might have had his name on the deeds, he also added to the assets he had deeds to as he ran his fiefdom but, had it not been him, someone else would have stepped in. He was so concerned he had us up for sale, with job for his boy and other conditions, making us unsaleable because of his demands.

Chips, we will never agree, we both know that but I sit here vindicated for my thoughts as he alienates so many.The alienation, the dislike has been brought on by his own actions. No one else, no others to blame. He tried to crap on the prince and that rebounded on him.Read the judge's coments. Did he misread him too?

You sit defending a man who got his come uppance after he tried to scupper his partner.

I know which is the more comfortable seat..

Last edited:
As of 1st July 2020 the Prince had total control of SUFC, hopefully that control is in safe hands whatever happens this season. As fans we can only wait and see what results from relegation if that comes to fruition, we don't have a choice. I'm pretty sure the criticism will be voiced by fans of his performance this year, I suspect the honeymoon period has passed.

No, when he 1st got involved we were in the Champ.
When he lost sole ownership( with or without the disputes) the prince became the SOLE owner. Effectively, he was in dispute before we got back to the PL and was indeed ousted at the same time we got there.
So, started 2nd rate, finished worthless with a reputation in tatters, now widely reviled, seldom, if ever, revered nowadays.

Not forgetting the longest spell in the 3rd dividion the club has ever had. The prince came in in 2013 and , by Sept 2019- the 2nd month of the 1st season back in the PL, McC had a high court judgement to sell his shares to the prince.Effectively the prince had 3 yrs involvement before we started moving upwards again and, by the time we were back in the PL, Aug 2019, was ( not withstanding McC's duplicitious shenanigans) sole owner.
We've already had twice as long in the PL than we did under McC!

It was in 2017, when we were moving back up the leagues, that McC tried to oust the prince- a mere coincidnce??- but , as we all know, McC made yet another misjudgement of a man and the prince won out.

To sum up, the main leagcy for which McC will be remembered is a litany of failures in both managerial appointments culminating in 6 yrs in the 3rd div when, halfway through that, he thought he'd found a tame patsy in an airport lounge. We then witnessed the sad and embarrassing spectacle of a man doing anything to try to oust the prince regardless of the name and reputation of the club he 'loved'.
He coined the phrase 'no bigger Blade' for himself. Now we have got to see his true colours- the most unedifying spectacle and fitting epitaph for a man in it solely for his own interests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sheffield_United_F.C._directors_and_chairmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_United_F.C._seasons
All your points are in the main valid but i do disagree with one key area that many are saying. I don't judge the Prince against McCabe but more against what i have seen since he took sole ownership.
Without the real detail if does look like the club is being run well.
My main concern is whether the Prince has the financial resource to take SUFC forwards. It is now clear that money to pay McCabe is coming from the club and not out of the Princes own money.
This is damaged our ability to compete both on transfer fees and wages.
Every manager in the Premiership has and will make some bad buys that don't work out but they are always given money to retify that before being sacked.
Wilder does not have that
I'm now torn with regard to Wilder staying.
IF the statements attributed to him about us being relegated already are true then I don't know that's the bloke I want in charge next year.
Apparently he's stated he wants the chance to bring us back up. Our owner has definitely stated Wilder stays to attempt that.
Maybe big lessons are and have been learned which, if Wilder stays and returns us to the top flight will benefit us hugely in cementing a place there.
I can't throw a name out that I would like to see replace him so calling for his head would be stupid.
Maybe it's best he stays. I would remain 100% supportive but would love to see an acceptance on his part that fans aren't just FIFA managers. Most have watched football for over half a century on this site in general and have learned a thing or two. One of which being football is ostensibly a simple game which this season we have overcomplicated with disastrous consequences irrespective of injuries. I dismiss conspiracy theories over refs and VAR decisions. They are just f u cking incompetent t w ats.
I'm now focusing on three things.
1. Pigs go down.
2. We get 1 more point.
3. Wycombe stay up. I want the opportunity to land a serious kick to remove Ainsworths ballsack.
I agree with all that totally. I want Wilder to stay but he has to adapt and change and he has to be open to New scouts, especially to look at oversees talent.
It will also be interesting to see if the Prince can get the clubs finances in order. Whoever is manager next season needs to strength in our weak area's and it has to be quality over quantity.

Regarding the Prince, my concern is that he clearly stated that should we get to the stage that we were competing in the upper echelons of the Championship, he had serious investors prepared to come onboard to take the club to to and keep us in next next level. Well amazingly, we reached that next level without any serious investment, it was mainly down to the exceptional Chris Wilder and his team and basically HRH went along for the ride without really upping his backing. Am I correct in saying that?

So then here we are coming to the sad ending of our second season in the top tier and as far as we know all the money spent in the PL has been self generated and he’s now chanting the mantra of self sufficient clubs paying their own way right across his 5 club portfolio. A commendable idea maybe if a club can establish itself and get to the stage where it can just tick over like a few teams seem to do but every club needs backing originally or they’d just get relegated like we are doing and yo-yo at best.

So yes I’m getting some doubts. He seems to be still singing off the same Hymn-sheet that he was back in League One re self sufficiency and has completely discarded the idea of bringing anybody else onboard. It’ll never work at this level, we know that. As I said I’m getting a bit concerned and when we’re having a pop at Wilder for the players he signed, maybe we should ask ourselves if they were the players he actually wanted to sign? My guess is that they weren’t in the main and that Wilder by initially working miracles with a comparative pittance has in the end shot himself in the foot.

Last edited:
Regarding the Prince, my concern is that he clearly stated that should we get to the stage that we were competing in the upper echelons of the Championship, he had serious investors prepared to come onboard to take the club to to and keep us in next next level. Well amazingly, we reached that next level without any serious investment, it was mainly down to the exceptional Chris Wilder and his team and basically HRH went along for the ride without really upping his backing. Am I correct in saying that?

So then here we are coming to the sad ending of our second season in the top tier and as far as far as we know all the money spent has been self generated and he’s now chanting the mantra of self sufficient clubs paying their own way right across his 5 club portfolio. A commendable idea maybe if a club can establish itself and get to the stage where it can just tick over like a few teams seem to do but every club needs backing originally or they’d just yo-yo at best.

So yes I’m getting some doubts. He seems to be still singing off the same Hymn-sheet that he was back in League One re self sufficiency and has completely discarded the idea of bringing anybody else onboard. It’ll never work at this level, we know that. As I said I’m getting a bit concerned and when we’re having a pop at Wilder for the players he signed, maybe we should ask ourselves if they were the players he actually wanted to sign? My guess is that they weren’t in the main and that Wilder by initially working miracles with a comparative pittance has in the end shot himself in the foot.

I have it on good authority Chansiri is ready to jump ship and throw seventy twelve squillion at us.
Joking aside that would be the most amazing thing ever.
us minted and pigs out of existence in one fell swoop.

What worries me about CW, is that so far he has made no effort to change anything.

As we have seen with Warnock - leopard's don't change their spots.

What worries me about CW, is that so far he has made no effort to change anything.

As we have seen with Warnock - leopard's don't change their spots.

I kinda think he's playing clever buggars Aya. The thing with 5 subs, he's trying to make a "poor me" point. "Got no backing in January". Well mate, if you hadn't got a gash return on enough money spent to buy half the continent of Africa maybe the owner might have dug deep again. You didn't. He wisely didn't.
He's playing the victim.

I kinda think he's playing clever buggars Aya. The thing with 5 subs, he's trying to make a "poor me" point. "Got no backing in January". Well mate, if you hadn't got a gash return on enough money spent to buy half the continent of Africa maybe the owner might have dug deep again. You didn't. He wisely didn't.
He's playing the victim.

He's has a big ego, that's for sure - and that's been a good thing in many ways....however not so good when things are going wrong

So then here we are coming to the sad ending of our second season in the top tier and as far as far as we know all the money spent has been self generated and he’s now chanting the mantra of self sufficient clubs paying their own way right across his 5 club portfolio. A commendable idea maybe if a club can establish itself and get to the stage where it can just tick over like a few teams seem to do but every club needs backing originally or they’d just yo-yo at best.

Has he stopped looking for investors though GB or is it that investors for mid range football clubs have stopped looking due to the world ituation?

When we reaached the top levels of the Champ the sceptre at the feast still had a place at the table. Surely that would put anybody off coming in whilst he still had a scintilla of control?

Since we've been rid of him a differemt type of 'plague' has overshadowed world events.

This year's performance has decreased our attractiveness to investors massively and we may have to get along in a similar way to before but, at least, that will be under a man who seems to want to build a football empire to progress us, (and others) as opposed to someone who tried to build a business empire for his own ends out of the SUFC name.

He's has a big ego, that's for sure - and that's been a good thing in many ways....however not so good when things are going wrong
Blase about the success ( but bursting with pride underneath-and rightly so) but now playing the bluff,breezy 'little us' line for all to see.
SBT is right, he's playing it for all he's worth and, after last year,and this year's decline, due to a combination of injuries, intransigence and insularity, he's left himself with little option

Has he stopped looking for investors though GB or is it that investors for mid range football clubs have stopped looking due to the world ituation?

When we reaached the top levels of the Champ the sceptre at the feast still had a place at the table. Surely that would put anybody off coming in whilst he still had a scintilla of control?

Since we've been rid of him a differemt type of 'plague' has overshadowed world events.

This year's performance has decreased our attractiveness to investors massively and we may have to get along in a similar way to before but, at least, that will be under a man who seems to want to build a football empire to progress us, (and others) as opposed to someone who tried to build a business empire for his own ends out of the SUFC name.
Yes agreed there’s definitely a possibility that the timing of McC hanging around too long and then Covid could have put investors off, but you’d think that HRH would have mentioned the subject at some stage in the past 2 years surely? As I said, in his latest interview he’s talking about all the clubs he owns turning in a profit.

Bitter- partly understandable for some afficionados but, for many more, confirmation that he couldn't take being bested, losing face-might have got that from his failed Chinese ventures whilst using SUFC's name
Spiteful- the true mark of the man- lost the argument so turned nasty. For me a total vindication of my long held beliefs about him.You need to follow the time line to see the transparency of his motives.
2013 in comes the prince to help him out with his failures and they toddle along happily for a few years as we bob about in the 3rd div.
2016/17 promotion and he starts to flex his muscles against the prince as his eyes light up as the money starts to come back in
2018/19- full scale assault as he realises he's going to have to share the PL riches so he turns nasty -and,ultimately, FAILS
2019.20 spiteful , pettiness.

The primary aim of a football club is to progress up the league ladder, I am sure we agree on that.

He oversaw the biggest decline - so failed.

As for keeping us afloat , well, here we are 12 months into a pandemic and just how many clubs have gone to the wall?
He might have had his name on the deeds, he also added to the assets he had deeds to as he ran his fiefdom but, had it not been him, someone else would have stepped in. He was so concerned he had us up for sale, with job for his boy and other conditions, making us unsaleable because of his demands.

Chips, we will never agree, we both know that but I sit here vindicated for my thoughts as he alienates so many.The alienation, the dislike has been brought on by his own actions. No one else, no others to blame. He tried to crap on the prince and that rebounded on him.Read the judge's coments. Did he misread him too?

You sit defending a man who got his come uppance after he tried to scupper his partner.

I know which is the more comfortable seat..

Then we'll agree to differ has we have before but remember I will bite when you go fishing again and hit out at him. He end up with out team higher than when he started - that is his legacy, good and bad .

I’ll remember him as the bloke who appointed Bryan robson and fucked the club up for a decade so much so I was almost at the point of walking away (if adkins had stayed I wasn’t renewing my st) do I credit him with bringing CW in I’m split on that it was more luck than judgement for once he got lucky

I’ll remember him as the bloke who appointed Bryan robson and fucked the club up for a decade so much so I was almost at the point of walking away (if adkins had stayed I wasn’t renewing my st) do I credit him with bringing CW in I’m split on that it was more luck than judgement for once he got lucky
And kept us afloat until he got lucky with CW. Still ended his reign at the top Bully.

He does from me SBT. Warts and all he tried his best and what a bumpy road it was.
A self made bumpy road Chips.
As for hitting out at him- AKA telling the truth.

He doesn't need an opponent to hit him, most of the blows are self inflicted.

The good news- he's now out for the count- or is that the prince:p

Last edited: