Wilder Considering the Dark Arts | Vital Football

Wilder Considering the Dark Arts

ChipButtyBlade

Vital Squad Member
Listened to his aftermatch interview which was great and as honest as ever,but it seems Arsenal have left a bad taste in his mouth regarding their players falling over at every opportunity.

He says he seriously considering telling the players to fall over rather than be honest and try to stand up when in close contact with oppo players.

I dont think its a bad idea,but dont be a team of Grealishes.

There is a player available to sign who is already schooled,owd Fernando,i think that FF would give a kidney to have a crack at the Prem.

Listened to his aftermatch interview which was great and as honest as ever,but it seems Arsenal have left a bad taste in his mouth regarding their players falling over at every opportunity.

He says he seriously considering telling the players to fall over rather than be honest and try to stand up when in close contact with oppo players.

I dont think its a bad idea,but dont be a team of Grealishes.

There is a player available to sign who is already schooled,owd Fernando,i think that FF would give a kidney to have a crack at the Prem.
i dont think he will but a little bit couldnt be a bad thing epecially if it wins us penalties like it did them yesterday. that player actually went up in the air before he went down lmfao.

Torn on this. I hate diving,time wasting and any form of cheating and conning but it has given a number of our opponents undeserved rewards and stolen points.

Because I despise it so much I am rapidly falling out of love with football at EPL level and feeling increasing dislike and utter contempt for the pampered,shallow,entitled cheaters and divers and the managers, officials and governing bodies that allow it. I wouldn't want us to go down that route for those reasons. This season my hard earned enjoyment of watching my team has been totally spoiled on a number of occaisions by the antics of opponents and officials. I can truly see a time not to far off, probably when my youngest goes to Uni and no longer shares the experience with me when I might stop going such is the anger and frustration the antics of todays spoilt bas****s make me feel. I could resort to going to the pub pre match but fear that once the dying swans start their well rehearsed routines I might well find it impossible to resist running on the pitch and kicking the offender in the boll**Ks as hard as possible to give them something to writhe about. The subsequent arrest,court appearance and jail time would definately not be worth the euphoria of having given some Grealish what they more than deserve.
I despise pretty much everything about the modern game and will probably switch to watching lower or non league if my unhappiness with it exceeds the enjoyment I have derived watching it all my life.

It's difficult, it's great to support a team that's 'above all that' but, ultimately, you have to compete on a level playing field.

The way it's gone over the years means that field won't be levelled by the one team with integrity sticking it out as an example to the rest because the rest have already joined the mass of conniving divers, shot by a sniper snowflakes and head butted (on the shoulder) con men.

Take the easy foul when it comes, go over when touched but, for God's sake, never feign injury or do 6 roll overs after an innocuous challenge.

BTW on the Villa /Wolves game the commentators mentioned, without any irony or insight, that Grealsh was the most fouled player in the PL. They saw it as a badge of honour, an achievement , recognition of his influence on the game. They did not see it as a reflection of his antics, his conning the ref.

In that one example it shows how the game has changed, how it's accepted, how no one even looks at such antics as out of the ordinary.

The bottom line is the game is not going to change it's approch which means, unfortunately, if you can't beat them you join them.

To be fair, we are very good at "crafty little" fouls, I used to watch Wilder back in the day and he himself was very good at it, checking where the ref was before kicking somebody - it was a rough old game back then!
Baldock is a master at putting in little kicks and trips, he hardly ever gets booked but opposing players are always winging to the ref about him. I think it is part and parcel of CWs theory that it is a contact sport so it's OK to have a little nip at an opposing player. I think we were doing a lot of this yesterday, the ref wasn't great but nor were we innocent!

To be fair, we are very good at "crafty little" fouls, I used to watch Wilder back in the day and he himself was very good at it, checking where the ref was before kicking somebody - it was a rough old game back then!
Baldock is a master at putting in little kicks and trips, he hardly ever gets booked but opposing players are always winging to the ref about him. I think it is part and parcel of CWs theory that it is a contact sport so it's OK to have a little nip at an opposing player. I think we were doing a lot of this yesterday, the ref wasn't great but nor were we innocent!

Possibly so, but all 10 Arse outfield players were way better than Tom Daley!

Possibly so, but all 10 Arse outfield players were way better than Tom Daley!
Interesting on the Match Report thread that LST mentions we had Mike Dean for the last 2 games and he just ignored their antics and waved play on when they fell over.

I wonder what the ref assessor's marks are for the 3 games. Would they even pick up on his week, inept stance yesterday or would he have refereed the game well in their eyes?

Actually I already know the answer don't I!

With the exception of Arsenal, and a few other players, I don't think the diving's been as bad as I feared. It was worse the last time we were in the PL, players like Gerrard, Ronaldo and Andy Johnson, getting decisions from overly pally refs.

It's not in our club DNA to dive. Arsenal don't have any DNA, they're just a collection of transient cheating mercenaries who don't really like the club or the fans.

Still think the referees are letting us all down - really poor at interpreting what is going on and making the easy decision whenever possible. As well yesterday Tierney allowed the Arsenal players an age to saunter across the pitch when subbed - when did that change?? It hasn't but the refs no longer enforce it.

Still think the referees are letting us all down - really poor at interpreting what is going on and making the easy decision whenever possible. As well yesterday Tierney allowed the Arsenal players an age to saunter across the pitch when subbed - when did that change?? It hasn't but the refs no longer enforce it.
There's no route to criticise a ref who's having a mare. No crowd means no one gets on their back, brings it to the notice of the broadcaster and the inept commentators just don't notice how poorly they are performing ( although they did question that yesterday).

It's same for the players really, the commentators, without the help of a crowd's reaction show their limitations even more and let poor play/touch go without comment, unless , of course, it's to say how well they are doing to actually turn up to play.