Wilder after match thoughts today | Vital Football

Wilder after match thoughts today

Ampadou is needed at the back. He's the perfect Maguire type as shown today. He blinds Egan in so many ways not least he dosen't get shown up for having no pace which is why Egan is terribly static in possession and never runs (jogs) forward with the ball even when he has 50 yards of empty space in front of him.

We need two strikers.
Didzy and Billy are yesterday. Not even today and definately not tomorrow.

Ampadou is needed at the back. He's the perfect Maguire type as shown today. He blinds Egan in so many ways not least he dosen't get shown up for having no pace which is why Egan is terribly static in possession and never runs (jogs) forward with the ball even when he has 50 yards of empty space in front of him.

We need two strikers.
Didzy and Billy are yesterday. Not even today and definately not tomorrow.
Swings and roundabouts with egan and ampadu at the back with egan you’re always vulnerable to the ball over the top and his lack of pace with ampadu you’re just allowing a centre forward free reign in the box to head at goal, Bamford had 4 free headers during the game and scores the winner from one he probably gets one of those chances if egan plays

Swings and roundabouts with egan and ampadu at the back with egan you’re always vulnerable to the ball over the top and his lack of pace with ampadu you’re just allowing a centre forward free reign in the box to head at goal, Bamford had 4 free headers during the game and scores the winner from one he probably gets one of those chances if egan plays

Agree. I think JOC would have dealt with the chance they converted rather than Egan though.

Bamford's nose.
More than a liitle luck with that header.
The last 2 goals we've conceded were from headers and neither were strong headers,both trickled into the net.I think Rammer's is a very good shot stopper but like Henderson has a lot to learn but i think eventually he'll be a good keeper for us.UTMPB

The last 2 goals we've conceded were from headers and neither were strong headers,both trickled into the net.I think Rammer's is a very good shot stopper but like Henderson has a lot to learn but i think eventually he'll be a good keeper for us.UTMPB
I was more encouraged bu his show yesterday Rod, not just because he made a couple of decent saves , but he seemed to be getting more height and spring into his dives.
In the couple of games before he looked to be diving across and down as opposed to getting the height needed.

Early days

It was very similar to the Villa goal. Thought Ramsdale had a very good game but thought he 100% committed to diving near post a bit early.
Thinking about my above post and his relative lack of mobility/spring , and looking at him on screen, he does seem to carry a bit of timber ATM.
He does go early but, if it comes off, he's a genius- look at that save Meslier from Lunny yesterday- he'd have looked a mug if Lunny had chosen the other corner or even mishit it.

ramsdale is a mark up on henderson in my opinion. bigger comes for crosses dosnt get beat on his near post shots. kicks better both in his hands and on the floor, and dosnt run around giving it the big un to the crowd ,then says straight after the game he wants to fuck of to man united. also hes a blade. hendo will fade away at man united ,not no where near as good as people say.

ramsdale is a mark up on henderson in my opinion. bigger comes for crosses dosnt get beat on his near post shots. kicks better both in his hands and on the floor, and dosnt run around giving it the big un to the crowd ,then says straight after the game he wants to fuck of to man united. also hes a blade. hendo will fade away at man united ,not no where near as good as people say.
Hendo was in the right place at the right time. England has a dearth of really good keepers and, with us coming up and doing so well he got a lot of attention.He's a big personality and loves the limelight and playing up to it. That's what made him so popular with some fans.
It will be very interesting to see if he does continue to develop and make it to the top and he has the skill set but will he start to believe his own publicity and , if de Geadoesn't drop some big bricks, he's on for a long spell on the bemch.

Encouraging to Rammy come for a couple of crosses yesterday. He's also (so far) got the knack of pushing the ball to the sides when saving shots. Hendo often pushed them straight back into the players. A couple of times he gathered the ball well and kept it close to him when there was a bit of awkward bounce in front of him.

Continual comparisons to Hendo will carry on but that won't worry Rammy- he's also a big personality ansd strong enough not to worry about it.He'll have got some confidence from yesterday and would have been MOTM if the Leeds keeper hadn't got down to Lunny's shot.

It would be nice, in yrs to come , to see Rammy in the England shirt with Hendo on the bench:p

Last edited:
I thought Ramsdale was excellent yesterday.

Anyway, Fulham are 2-0 down to Villa at HT so we’re off the bottom. Parker looked broken as they walked off. What the odds that we face a new manager when we play them in a couple of weeks?