Wigan V Forest - A proper, on time match thread | Vital Football

Wigan V Forest - A proper, on time match thread

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
No one is getting carried away and its not quite sunken in yet, because no one believed the signings we made would be any good (or very few did). Equally the appointment of the head coach was met with disarray.

But we aren't second by chance. 10 games unbeaten and some fantastic results (Swansea, Fulham for starters) have seen us climb the table into second position..

It would now be nice for us to have a little pomp. As fans we have had only 2 seasons to celebrate, 2 false dawns in 20 years. The rest have been abject failures. We still worry that the hoodoo will comeback to haunt (not Billy MkIII ffs) but it appears that we have a united camp and a coach leading it that understands this league.

We now sit tentatively looking at a table, expecting it all to implode any minute with a loss to a side that we haven't beaten at the DW and who have previously been (another) bogey side. History and past results mean nothing. There is an air of confidence which is not to be mistaken as complacency amongst the squad. I see nothing but a win here.

I would think Sow will be the only doubt for this match but we have suitable replacements available.

UPDATE

1571414651991.png

The rest, followed by a get together and training session geared to beat the opposition. I think we will win comfortably.

My prediction:

2-0 win for the boys in the red shirts from the City Ground

After a week of relatively shit weather, the forecast is a brighter spell.

The pies at Wigan are very nice, I wish I was going.

The match sponsor is:

1571411265296.png

Last edited:
Looks like Dawson, Samedo and Sow are all outinjured. Chema or Figi in for Daws. Yates, Bostock or Silva in for Sow. Fancy Bostock to start and Yates to finish whilst Silva to start and Carvalho to finish. Ameobi to start , uncle Albert to finish. Baring injuries.

Apollyon doesn't start shitty threads.

People say he's the best poster. They go, Oh, we've never posted in a place like this before, you're such a laugh. You get the best out of us. And he goes, you know, C'est la vie. If that's true - excellent.

A philosopher once wrote you need three things to have a good life. One, a meaningful relationship, two, a decent job of work, and three, to make a difference. And it was always that third one that stressed me, to make a difference. And I realise that I do. Every day, we all do. It's how we interact, with our fellow man.

Better than your usual dross but still a shit Fred that will no doubt be full of clique in jokes & chaps chapping about chaps as you well know, don’t you, well DON’T you thought so.

A philosopher once wrote you need three things to have a good life. One, a meaningful relationship, two, a decent job of work, and three, to make a difference. And it was always that third one that stressed me, to make a difference. And I realise that I do. Every day, we all do. It's how we interact, with our fellow man.
How's Phil chap?

Better than your usual dross but still a shit Fred that will no doubt be full of clique in jokes & chaps chapping about chaps as you well know, don’t you, well DON’T you thought so.
THIS! All this clique and chap sh*te can be quite irritating chap AS WELL YOU KNOW chap!