Wigan go into administration | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wigan go into administration

Wigan have appealed the imposition of the 12 point penalty with an arguement of 'force majeure', ie a totally unexpected situation has occured.

As arguements go , with the virus and the apparent selling shenanigans, I have heard worse

Wigan have appealed the imposition of the 12 point penalty with an arguement of 'force majeure', ie a totally unexpected situation has occured.

As arguements go , with the virus and the apparent selling shenanigans, I have heard worse
As much as what has happened at Wigan is shocking I'm afraid it should be no excuses, no exceptions - points deduction every time. Otherwise we will have every club that goes into admin. slowing down the process with appeals and making the EFL 'justice' system even more tortuous than it already is now.

EFL confirms Wigan will get -12 point deduction, timing dependent on this season so they'll probably be down now. They're probably going to need to win all their remaining games to stand a chance.

The EFL now saying Wigan will get their deduction this season, regardless of whether that still means relegation or not. Not sure why there's been a change on that front.

The EFL now saying Wigan will get their deduction this season, regardless of whether that still means relegation or not. Not sure why there's been a change on that front.

If they get the usual 12 points taken, the last game is huge. Need a win against Fulham (who still have an outside chance of auto).