Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm

Your injury record, not Lansbury obviously :lol:

Not really, Lansbury. He is shockingly bad. Terrible player. I'd rather have Westwood back.

Actually, that is going too far, scratch that.

Lansbury is shite though.

Wouldn't go that far r.e Wastewood.

But agree. Lansbury is a complete waste of time. 3rd season and what the hell has he contributed apart from keeping the physio room in employment. And he is another one who is suddenly better when he is not playing and the team are struggling. 20 min cameo in an already dead Fa cup tie does not convince me of him getting things together. He has had 3 seasons to get it together, and he is injured again . Useless . It's just not going to happen for him here .

In DS we trust. If he thinks it's worth giving Lansbury a go, I'll go with that.

His current injuries are the sort of thing you pick up when you haven't played for some time. It's a hurdle a lot of players have to get over.

If we could offload Lansbury & hogan that would be ideal. Easier said than done though

Unfortunately they're both on about 40k a week, are crap, injury prone and know they'll never get paid that much money again in their lives. They'll be here till the day their contracts run out.

Huge chance to go on a run of wins here. Hopefully we're right on the verge of breaking into the top 6 by the end of the month. Presuming that Tammy stays it feels like a new signing in a way, since so many thought he was gone.

3-1 win.

His current injuries are the sort of thing you pick up when you haven't played for some time. It's a hurdle a lot of players have to get over.

For three seasons?. He's been injured too much for it to be one of those sort of things .

Nah. He's injury prone and shit. A lethal combination.

And actually. His career with us mirrors his career with Forest. A Forest ST holder I know, once he had stopped laughing at what we paid for him, said he is injury prone, drifts in and out of games and performances. He does have some talent I suppose but if you don't use it then it ain't much use.

Last edited:
Hoping Kortney starts with Taylor to see the shape of two LF defenders start since JT. Hope BB has trained well and can get back to how he finished last season. El Ghazi-Bolasie have to step their game up …….

Unusual for me, I am optimistic about this one 2-0 Villa.
All I hope is if we go one up we dont do our recent usual and take the foot of the gas, we have tried that one and we just dont have the midfield or defence to do it.
What we do have is goal scorers so if one up Villa please go for two or more.

Lansbury was the best player on the pitch against Swansea and he was only on 30 minutes. Well maybe apart from McGinn.

If everyone's fit he doesn't get near the team still, but I'm happy to have him as an option. I prefer him to Barney. I'm honestly not sure what everyone see's in him. People picking him ahead of Hourihane makes me chuckle.

Lansbury was the best player on the pitch against Swansea and he was only on 30 minutes.

Not a very high bar though. And I presume you mean best Villa player on the pitch?

It's a moot point anyway - Sicknote is injured again. Keeping your mate Jordan Lyden company, who has also miraculously become injured since his return from loan.