Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm

2 of our best DM's of recent years Barry and Petrov weren't great tacklers either.

The game is about more than just crunching into tackles. In fact the way it's going tackling is becoming less and less important.

I think he's been a revalation in that DM role. He puts himself about, keeps possession, creates chances and scores goals.

Gotta be the most underrated player since Petrov (until the illness when suddenly everyone seemed to think he was Pirlo).

Err, who's this McGinn bod? Oh, him. On the bench, time for a rest.

Still reckon Steer looks good enough to start. Kalinic shouldn't be rushed.

So you wouldn't pick McGinn ? That would be a huge call given our midfield woes.

Imagine the fall out on here if McGinn was benched on Saturday.

So you wouldn't pick McGinn ? That would be a huge call given our midfield woes.

Imagine the fall out on here if McGinn was benched on Saturday.

Totally agree SD.

We should pick our best XI available, irrespective of opposition or forthcoming fixtures. If they are fit, they should play.

I think it has been quite clearly demonstrated over recent matches how our squad is not really very good and the replacements are unable (or unwilling perhaps?) to step up to the plate.

That's a bonus, for some reason I thought Hause wasn't fit.

Kalinic
Mutton Chester Hause Taylor
McGinn Barney Hourihane
Adomah Tammy Kodjia

Tammy to score a brace and start another week of bullshit rumours from the tabloids

No Hutton, Chester or Hourihane?

Might as well drop Tammy too and we'll do without all of our best 5 players.

Would be tough on Steer and Elphick to leave them out after calling them back from their loans. Perhaps DS has a plan for Lyden as well.

I will look with interest at the team selection this weekend. Could be a surprise or two. Won't second guess DS - he's da man.

Would be tough on Steer and Elphick to leave them out after calling them back from their loans. Perhaps DS has a plan for Lyden as well.

I will look with interest at the team selection this weekend. Could be a surprise or two. Won't second guess DS - he's da man.

I don't think we've signed a new keeper to play the reserve and I'm not sure Chester is fit and might be good to rest him a bit longer ?

Lets go for it.

Kalinic
Bree Chester Hause Taylor
Hourihane
Bolassie McGinn Barny El Kodija
Abrahams

I’ll go with that assuming El Kodjia is Kodjia and not El Ghazi :grinning:

Time for Kodj to be stepping up to the plate. We have a lot of improving to do, we look like a team who hasn’t played together before, we can’t control the ball or the game, and seem to lack energy & fitness. I don’t believe we are unfit - some are probably tired - but every team has the tough schedule over Xmas and the new year.

Your injury record, not Lansbury obviously :lol:

Not really, Lansbury. He is shockingly bad. Terrible player. I'd rather have Westwood back.

Actually, that is going too far, scratch that.

Lansbury is shite though.

It might his awkward technique to my untrained eye but I think he has a poor touch for an Arsenal trained youngster playing in central midfield.

Sunderland will hopefully sign villa fan will Grigg tomorrow , assume new signing Anthony pilkington will start