'Wigan Athletic Present No Problem At All' Luke O'Nien | Vital Football

'Wigan Athletic Present No Problem At All' Luke O'Nien

Frankel Bucks

Vital Youth Team
Whoops. Amazing comment from a footballer who has achieved the square root of F all in his career. This kind of comment sums up clubs like Sunderland perfectly. I was on their board last night 'How can we lose to shit like this' 'Bad teams make us look bad' :lol::lol: The irony being of course that they are so immersed in thinking they are some kind of super club who have never won anything, they don't actually realise they are a shit team and the rest of football laughs at the likes of them and Newcastle. Being a one club city in a big stadium seems to give these clubs a false sense of realism. I hope and pray they stay down as i do every year just to watch the meltdown and the easy 6 points. Pity it looks like Newcastle will stay up now though.

"Never won anything" Frankel? I think it's only fair to add "recently" to that statement.

There's no doubt though, they're not half as big as their fans think they are, and the number of seasons they've languished in League 1 is frankly astonishing. Regardless, I reckon that quite a few posters on this board were cheering for Bob Stokoe's mutton-chopped lads (take a bow Jim Montgomerie) against Dave Whelan's favourite bantz targets.

Very naughty click bait from the chip paper post that. O’Nien was talking about all clubs in L1 generally, not Wigan specifically. Kendrick has made it appear that it was a direct dig at Wigan with his article title, when it wasn’t.

They are a very big club Moonay, one of the last “sleeping giants” in the country and like Sheff Utd, despite being down here will get back to the top table sooner rather than later. If we stay up then we desperately need them to win the playoffs, eliminating a rival next season and earning us a wad of cash.

48 years ago actually, so "recently" is usual bollocks from you.
Oh dear. T&C, if your little erection at finding what you thought was a mistake from me hadn't got you all (prematurely) excited, then you might have taken the time to read my post properly.

Frankel posted that they'd not won anything.
I responded that he should have said they'd not won anything recently.
You misread that, and then completely backed up and agreed with my statement !

I've told you before mate, sometimes, you try too hard. Not sure if it's old age or what, but you're not as good as you used to be ... you're losing your touch ... but no doubt Mrs T&C has told you that already.
;)

Ive no idea how old Frankel is but if he's not 55 years plus then he wouldn't remember Sunderland winning anything, 48 years is a bloody lifetime without a trophy so fair comment in the first instance, until you started to pick holes as usual.

Everyone else knew what he meant.

Ive no idea how old Frankel is but if he's not 55 years plus then he wouldn't remember Sunderland winning anything, 48 years is a bloody lifetime without a trophy so fair comment in the first instance, until you started to pick holes as usual.

Everyone else knew what he meant.

Yaay. I agree ... and it seems that you agree with me, that Frankel's "never won anything" comment wasn't quite correct. ... except (possibly) in his own memory/lifetime.

Isn't it great when we're all in agreement.
:cheers:

PS:
You must hate it when we win ... so much less for you to be pissed off with.
:halo:

Very naughty click bait from the chip paper post that. O’Nien was talking about all clubs in L1 generally, not Wigan specifically. Kendrick has made it appear that it was a direct dig at Wigan with his article title, when it wasn’t.

They are a very big club Moonay, one of the last “sleeping giants” in the country and like Sheff Utd, despite being down here will get back to the top table sooner rather than later. If we stay up then we desperately need them to win the playoffs, eliminating a rival next season and earning us a wad of cash.

If Kendrick did indeed 'make it appear' it was a direct dig at Wigan then good on him, deserves a pat on the back for handling advantage to Wigan & geeing our boys up.
The so called 'sleeping giants' were apoplectic on their forum saying shit like 'how the f@ck we not beating shite like this' & 'WE should be beating the likes of Wigan'....the sleepy giants aren't very graceful for such a BIG club.
I'd say the opposite to u CL in that I hope they stay in this league alongside us as it's 6 points for us when we play them 😉😉😉....they're our new Man City 😉😉😉

If Kendrick did indeed 'make it appear' it was a direct dig at Wigan then good on him, deserves a pat on the back for handling advantage to Wigan & geeing our boys up.
The so called 'sleeping giants' were apoplectic on their forum saying shit like 'how the f@ck we not beating shite like this' & 'WE should be beating the likes of Wigan'....the sleepy giants aren't very graceful for such a BIG club.
I'd say the opposite to u CL in that I hope they stay in this league alongside us as it's 6 points for us when we play them 😉😉😉....they're our new Man City 😉😉😉

To be fair it's probably no different than some of the comments made on here when we were top of L1 and losing the odd game to smaller, struggling sides.

They should be beating us based on league position, wage bill, value of players, form, etc. But on the day our lads wanted it a lot more and that is understandably really frustrating to them considering they should've been super motivated. We've been on the other side of that plenty of times this season so i see where they are coming from.

I think though Sunderland are bottling it. You see it plenty of times that a team who's been good all season get the finish line in sight and the pressure starts to mount and they go to pieces. Kind of like the opposite to us in previous years where we've been poor all season but when relegation is really breathing down our neck we suddenly seem to get a kick up the arse and start working harder and go up a few gears.

It's a funny old game.

Oh dear. T&C, if your little erection at finding what you thought was a mistake from me hadn't got you all (prematurely) excited, then you might have taken the time to read my post properly.

Frankel posted that they'd not won anything.
I responded that he should have said they'd not won anything recently.
You misread that, and then completely backed up and agreed with my statement !

I've told you before mate, sometimes, you try too hard. Not sure if it's old age or what, but you're not as good as you used to be ... you're losing your touch ... but no doubt Mrs T&C has told you that already.
;)

Credit where it's due moonay. Some people have to work really hard to make themselves look a pillock. To T&C it comes effortlessly.