Wigan (A) highlights | Vital Football

Wigan (A) highlights

Was Grant foul prior to their goal?
I initially thought Grant was being a bit theatrical but looks like their player scrapes his boot down Grant's shin and steps on his foot. Grant gets his toe to the ball before their player arrives, so definitely a foul IMO.
Untitled.jpg

Was Grant foul prior to their goal?
Yes. Their player finished his attempt at the ball by stamping on Jorge's foot, but that was just after the ball had gone. What I can't tell is who got to the ball first and therefore whether it was a late challenge on Grant who got rid of the ball, or just a consequence of the Wigan player making the pass. Either way I think the Ref was behind the tackle and couldn't see it.

Yes. Their player finished his attempt at the ball by stamping on Jorge's foot, but that was just after the ball had gone. What I can't tell is who got to the ball first and therefore whether it was a late challenge on Grant who got rid of the ball, or just a consequence of the Wigan player making the pass. Either way I think the Ref was behind the tackle and couldn't see it.
It was hard to see as it happened quickly, but I've rewound it loads of times and it looks like Jorge gets to the ball first, with possibly the bottom of his foot (ie. his studs) touching the ball. Not the best shot, but this shows it just after he's touched it, the Wigan player's foot is sliding down Jorge's shin at this point.

Jorge.jpg

A fabulous result made so much better by the dropped points of those around us. Hope we can capitalise against Swindon and start to put pressure on the other top teams. We didnt deserve to lose against Donny, so perhaps today levels things out. Cant wait for the rest of the season. It is going to be an amazing journey. UTI

The Imps winner on Saturday was my favourite goal of the season (so far).

Everything about it was vintage Appleton, from the Palmer roll out to Morgan, a lovely outside of the foot pass to Grant. A wonderful pivot and reverse pass to Hopper, who controlled, showed great composure to cut back inside and then rifle a sublime shot into the top corner ..... simply majestic :wahey:

I like the way Hopper runs into space from right to left, anticipating the pass. Quick incisive and what a finish! :clap:

The Imps winner on Saturday was my favourite goal of the season (so far).

Everything about it was vintage Appleton, from the Palmer roll out to Morgan, a lovely outside of the foot pass to Grant. A wonderful pivot and reverse pass to Hopper, who controlled, showed great composure to cut back inside and then rifle a sublime shot into the top corner ..... simply majestic :wahey:

Well described. A very good goal indeed. Had some of the same elements of the Arnold/Marriott classic versus Ipswich in the FA Cup.

it was a lightning quick end to end attack... and rogers, who took the ball from palmer, was also right up there, unmarked to the left of hopper at the time of the goalscoring shot.
pretty good for a lad with fatigue.

it was a lightning quick end to end attack... and rogers, who took the ball from palmer, was also right up there, unmarked to the left of hopper at the time of the goalscoring shot.
pretty good for a lad with fatigue.

He only managed to get up there because Hopper was so slow and he caught him up.