Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 17 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

When you have watched YouTube go on the Hull City forum and read what fans with no "vendetta" think of our goalkeeper and his performance against them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The keeper is part of the defence and it the defence is still finding its feet, the keeper will struggle sometimes and his mistakes will become howlers in this situation. I think Jamie has made slips but just concentrating on them is unfair as he has kept us in a number of games with his saves this season.

I am more concerned that we aren't taking chances. With a bit of luck we could have won the 0-5s by scoring six. Is that too optimistic???

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The keeper is part of the defence and it the defence is still finding its feet, the keeper will struggle sometimes and his mistakes will become howlers in this situation. I think Jamie has made slips but just concentrating on them is unfair as he has kept us in a number of games with his saves this season.

I am more concerned that we aren't taking chances. With a bit of luck we could have won the 0-5s by scoring six. Is that too optimistic???

Jones has kept us in "number of games" this season, can you point out which ones ?

Jones has kept us in "number of games" this season, can you point out which ones ?

I'm no Jamie Jones fan as you know & I haven't been watching all the games but I do seem to recall him making a very good save late on away at Fleetwood with his feet from a one on one which saved us a point
I'm all out of examples now though!! ;):LOL:

Just a bit, I bet we've not had six shots on target in a match this season.

Sunderland, Fleetwood, Lincoln, Shrewsbury... and others until the floodgates opened and we wilted

Fleetwood, caught two balls hit or headed straight at him flapped at a corner when he should have easily caught it, ball half cleared and Fleetwood player shoots from 35 yards which Jones misses, good save from a one on one at the end, if he had saved the goal and the chance we would have won, but fir arguments sake I will say he earned us a point.

Sunderland, Fleetwood, Lincoln, Shrewsbury... and others until the floodgates opened and we wilted

Lincoln we lost, so I don't know how you justify he kept us on the game, anyhow after watching g the highlights, he conceded from a free kick which was a cracker and would have beaten any keeper, he flapped at one and missed it but the ball was cleared off the line by Long, he was beaten at the near post for Lincoln winner and could have done better, other than that there were no other saves. For arguments sake he gained us or lost us nothing that game, but could have saved a point.

Shrewsbury, he saved two that were hit straight at him and made a regulation save the highlights also showed one howler where he flapped at a corner and their forward skyed it over, the goal he couldn't do anything about, so again he cost us nor gained us any points.

If someone is prepared to trawl through video clips then explain in detail to prove his point then he's right, Jamie Jones is shite but we have to live with that for the foreseeable unfortunately, unless Richardson grows a pair and drops him.

Jamie was most definitely not at fault for the last 3...anyway I'm not getting drawn into any of these vendetta's. There's only 1 clown in this club and they can't prize yon mon off the treatment table.

Jamie was most definitely not at fault for the last 3...anyway I'm not getting drawn into any of these vendetta's. There's only 1 clown in this club and they can't prize yon mon off the treatment table.

What would be the point of getting him on the pitch? You'd only slag him.

If someone is prepared to trawl through video clips then explain in detail to prove his point then he's right, Jamie Jones is shite but we have to live with that for the foreseeable unfortunately, unless Richardson grows a pair and drops him.
Hardly trawled, the clips only last a couple of minutes,

Good god I cannot go on holiday, daytime TV is shite, and I am sick of binge watching Netflix series, I finish my weekly business accounts by lunchtime on Monday and only do my part time job on Sunday and Tuesday, so forgive me a small interlude please.
This is the downside to early retirement.

Hardly trawled, the clips only last a couple of minutes,

Good god I cannot go on holiday, daytime TV is shite, and I am sick of binge watching Netflix series, I finish my weekly business accounts by lunchtime on Monday and only do my part time job on Sunday and Tuesday, so forgive me a small interlude please.
This is the downside to early retirement.

That's the problem...you've too much time on your hands.

That's the problem...you've too much time on your hands.

I agree John, only used the motorhome for one night since Christmas 2019, that was the win at Reading last season where we went in it to give it a run without rushing straight back. So many plans since we finished work and they are thwarted in some way every time.

I agree John, only used the motorhome for one night since Christmas 2019, that was the win at Reading last season where we went in it to give it a run without rushing straight back. So many plans since we finished work and they are thwarted in some way every time.

Have patience owd lad, it will return.

Did you ever upgrade the van BTW ?