Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't that how we started off against Hull until the clown in the nets let in two soft goals when they had never been a threat.
Just when you needed jones to step up to the plate and do what he gets paid for he let us down once again the rest is history.

The problem is confidence, how can the team build any when you know your back is not going to be covered.

The problem is when they score we go into our shell and we are one the back foot, have a look at some matches, the opposition have acres of space and they can dominate the game.

Their players have gone directly from the half-way line, through our midfield and our defence without a challenge, this has happened on a regular basis,
we cannot win matches by having our players defending badly, while the opposition gain more confidence in the game, as soon as they score they can smell blood, being beat by Chorley is a classic example.

The problem is when they score we go into our shell and we are one the back foot, have a look at some matches, the opposition have acres of space and they can dominate the game.

Their players have gone directly from the half-way line, through our midfield and our defence without a challenge, this has happened on a regular basis,
we cannot win matches by having our players defending badly, while the opposition gain more confidence in the game, as soon as they score they can smell blood, being beat by Chorley is a classic example.
But how many goals have been scored in that scenario, not many.

But no mention of the clown that did a fresh air shot 5 yards from goal to put us 1 up ????... you are obsessed. At least be even handed with your condemnations.

I really don't know what you expect with a team full of shite.
So do you deny that we we were doing ok against Hull until your mate let us down with schoolboy goalkeeping, you are blinded for some reason that Jones actually costs us goals that should have been easy prevented.

So do you deny that we we were doing ok against Hull until your mate let us down with schoolboy goalkeeping, you are blinded for some reason that Jones actually costs us goals that should have been easy prevented.

I don't deny anything of the sort.

That Jones should have 100% saved the 1st and possibly should have done better for the 2nd.

I don't deny that our centre forward should have buried that chance at 0-0.

I don't deny that the midfield ( except possibly Merrie ) were losing the runners and allowing them behind their lines.

I don't deny the centre backs are letting the forwards turn them easily and then cracking shots off unopposed. Also allowing the forwards to get free header, after free header after free header.

I deny none of the above, unlike you who for reasons best known to yourself have made it a personal crusade to hound this lad out the side. A decent lad too who although not the best is nowhere near the worst.

I'll let you into a secret...they are ( almost ) all feckin shit who are going down.

I don't deny anything of the sort.

That Jones should have 100% saved the 1st and possibly should have done better for the 2nd.

I don't deny that our centre forward should have buried that chance at 0-0.

I don't deny that the midfield ( except possibly Merrie ) were losing the runners and allowing them behind their lines.

I don't deny the centre backs are letting the forwards turn them easily and then cracking shots off unopposed. Also allowing the forwards to get free header, after free header after free header.

I deny none of the above, unlike you who for reasons best known to yourself have made it a personal crusade to hound this lad out the side. A decent lad too who although not the best is nowhere near the worst.

I'll let you into a secret...they are ( almost ) all feckin shit who are going down.

JJ has 10 players in front of him, who are not doing their job properly,
have a look back at a lot of the goals scored against us, our players have failed to tackle properly and have not dealt with crosses or cleared the ball out of our goal area.

JJ cannot be blamed for most of the goals when the players in front of him are failing to do their job properly.

How the hell does what I post on a fanzine forum effect a players confidence.

It's a cumulative effect. All the faceless tough guys on all social media outlets have given him a kicking lately and the players know what goes on on various platforms. I've read about people replaying goals from recent games and slowing them down frame by frame in order to pinpoint something that could be construed as a Jones mistake.

If you feel what is said on a forum such as this, and the other more poisonous outlets have no effect then you're very naive or just ignorant to the reality.

I've said it springy till I'm blue in the face. Its a collective series of blunders that lead to a goal of which obviously the goalkeeper is culpable on occasion .

Very few TOP Goalkeepers could have stopped a lot of goals against us,
with our defence in front of him!

I agree KDZ on the fine tuning point though don't believe asking a keeper to occasionally leave his line or CBs to hit row Z when required or midfielders to get stuck in is fine tuning - these are fundamental requirements of a pro footballer and not sure why a coach would be needed for that.

You'd think, but it doesn't seem like it works that way. Under some coaches players seem to be unable to do the basics while other coaches they look top players.

Rubbish, an ordinary goalkeeper would have stopped at least 3 if not 4 of Hulls goals on Wednesday, we don't have an ordinary keeper.
Rubbish, an ordinary goalkeeper would have stopped at least 3 if not 4 of Hulls goals on Wednesday, we don't have an ordinary keeper.

Have you watched most of the goals against us this season?

Are you telling me our midfield and defence are doing their job dealing with
the opposite teams attacks that lead to goals through lack of tackling and
comlplete chaos in our goal area with our defenders all over the place.

If the lack of coaching staff is such a detriment to the first team, why is the youth team doing so well? Has the youth set up got it's full compliment of coaches but the first team going without? Couldn't the goal keeping and other coaches be promoted to help Richardson?

All the way through the take over there's been plenty of things that are beyond our control that have been crap but you have to accept and unavoidable. This idea that we haven't got coaching staff and we know that is partly struggling really doesn't sit right at all.

We don't have an ordinary team either.

You need to go back on youtube and look at the 5 goals by Hull,
where was our great defence leading up to these goals or do you not
take this into account?

Have you watched most of the goals against us this season?

Are you telling me our midfield and defence are doing their job dealing with
the opposite teams attacks that lead to goals through lack of tackling and
comlplete chaos in our goal area with our defenders all over the place.

2 things can be true at once.

The defence has left the goal keeper exposed and at times given him no chance to make a save. But at the same time when the goal keeper should've comfortably dealt with situations he has made dreadful mistakes that cost us goals.

We don't have an ordinary team either.

You need to go back on youtube and look at the 5 goals by Hull,
where was our great defence leading up to these goals or do you not
take this into account?

Yes I do, but it you are not taking into account the last line of defence where comfortable saves should have been made, especially the timing, we were in the game and should perhaps have taken the lead.
On hulls first foray forward just after our chance their player Wilkes turned and hit a speculative shot it squirmed under Jones when it should have been stopped, couple of minutes later he failed to get down to another shot from Wilkes, even the Hull commentator on the you tube highlights says he was late. getting down to a slow shot.
Just before typing g this i watched the YouTube replay and Jones was solely responsible for 4 of the goals irrespective of what happened in front of him he should have saved them, the third one was an utter disgrace.

Yes I do, but it you are not taking into account the last line of defence where comfortable saves should have been made, especially the timing, we were in the game and should perhaps have taken the lead.
On hulls first foray forward just after our chance their player Wilkes turned and hit a speculative shot it squirmed under Jones when it should have been stopped, couple of minutes later he failed to get down to another shot from Wilkes, even the Hull commentator on the you tube highlights says he was late. getting down to a slow shot.
Just before typing g this i watched the YouTube replay and Jones was solely responsible for 4 of the goals irrespective of what happened in front of him he should have saved them, the third one was an utter disgrace.

You have a unhealthy vendetta against JJ,
you blame him for goals which are not always entirely his fault.

Why don't you blame the rest of the team for NOT preventing most of these goals by their ineptitude to tackle or defend our goal area?

I have no vendetta against anyone, especially an unhealthy one, I haven't heard or seen you defending the vendetta against Massey or Evans, even accessible g them of not being injured, why is that.

You told me to watch the goals again v Hull, I did do now you do the same, it does not matter one jot what happens in defence is the final line of that defence fails, and fails when it should not have done, look at the first 3 goals and tell me honestly Jones could do nothing, the third is an absolute disgrace for someone earning a living from football, the last yet another long range shot that he got nowhere near.