Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 14 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

Tree and Crown

Vital Reserves Team
I think all the moaners on here should put themselves in the shoes of the Manager, his team and players. If you had to go into work daily and perform 100% when you see destitution all round you & read criticisms on social media - can you actually give your best? Anyone who have worked in a company which is in administration can tell you that it is very demoralising.
Please - if you want to criticize - do it with your friends/family - not on social media. We're all feeling down during and after the match - it may help to forget about it last night and think with a clear head the next day.
Garbage, people pay their money so they are entitled to an opinion good or bad.

Last night wasn't a one off the same stupid mistakes are happening nearly every game, the management team dont seem to be doing much about it either.

Win lose or draw all we want to see is a team that will battle their hearts out for 90 minutes, learn from their mistakes and not chuck the towel in when we go a goal down.

Its about time Richardson and co started to dish out a few home truths to the players instead of coming out with bullshit excuses.

springy-park

Vital Squad Member
I think all the moaners on here should put themselves in the shoes of the Manager, his team and players. If you had to go into work daily and perform 100% when you see destitution all round you & read criticisms on social media - can you actually give your best? Anyone who have worked in a company which is in administration can tell you that it is very demoralising.
Please - if you want to criticize - do it with your friends/family - not on social media. We're all feeling down during and after the match - it may help to forget about it last night and think with a clear head the next day.
If that's the case, we may as well shut down this site!

Skem Tic

Vital Youth Team
Can you image Larry Lloyd managing this lot?
Good old Larry lloyd we were watching them train one dinner break at st John Fisher, a couple of my school mates started playing with one of the spare balls, he was fine with it at first until one of us booted the ball in to their training area. Larry turned round and told us all to "Right you little s*ds time to F**k off" Legend

springy-park

Vital Squad Member
Good old Larry lloyd we were watching them train one dinner break at st John Fisher, a couple of my school mates started playing with one of the spare balls, he was fine with it at first until one of us booted the ball in to their training area. Larry turned round and told us all to "Right you little s*ds time to F**k off" Legend
I remember one match, when one of the away supporters were giving him loads of insults (Before Segregation) and Larry jumped over the the fence,
the fan soon ran away, this was years before Cantona.

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Football Hero
Burn out - FFS what a pile of crap comment that is - get them on the pitch we're in crisis up to our neck in brown stuff - I used to play 3 games in a weekend at their age never mind 2 a week - honestly lost for words
There is an argument for 'burn out' if you've had young lads starting lots of games over a prolonged period of time. But in this instance i think Asgaard and Robinson only started the 2 previous games. Prior to that Robinson had hardly played a minute of league football and Assgaard was largely a late sub.

If they are burnt out after 2 starts there is something wrong with the coaching / fitness levels. If they were carrying knocks then it's understandable, but burn out is not a reasonable excuse to not start them after such limited game time prior to their rest.

moonay

Vital Champions League
Please - if you want to criticize - do it with your friends/family - not on social media.
Are you classing this site as social media NZFC? If not, then fine, but if yes, then I disagree. This kind of forum is exactly the kind of place where fans should get stuff off their chest, rather than tagging in players on twitter or FB.

The only issues I have with the moaning and criticism is the generalisation and the absence of context.

If I were Chris Merrie, I'd be mightily pissed off about the comments regarding a lack of effort last night. Why tar everyone with the same brush?

moonay

Vital Champions League
Its about time Richardson and co started to dish out a few home truths to the players instead of coming out with bullshit excuses.
To be fair T&C, you've no idea if he does that .......behind closed doors. Very few managers worth their salt do it in public.

As for excuses, has he done that? He's reflected on our predicament maybe, but isn't he entitled to do that?

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Football Hero
Richardson is saying he can't do any better as he simply doesn't have the staff to do the job - that is understandable if we were scraping the barrel to pay wages and were running a skeleton squad. But in context of what just happened in January that brings up more questions that answers.

Admin said we have money to run to the end of the season, we were rejecting decent money for players, we were offering new contracts, we got extra dispensation to bring in more players above our limit, Richards got all of the players he wanted except Grigg and they had the budget and willingness to do the deal but the player rejected. We brought in something like 10 new players in January - it doesn't add up that we had money to do all that but none for bare minimum coaching staff.

We've literally signed players to sit on the bench and pushed the boat out to get Grigg - surely a coaching staff would have been a higher priority? There will be loads of out of work coaches happy to come in for a short term deal and get back in the game rather than sitting at home earning nothing, they might not be big names or mates with current coaches but no doubt we could get people on board if needed to just help out who were competent. So if we are so short handed to the point we are incapable to preparing a team properly why has this only been brought up now and why hasn't it been addressed, even at the expense of a couple of players.

I imagine admin have a budget and if Richards said i want to bring in 3 coaches and 7 players rather than 10 new players they wouldn't care how the cash is spent as long as it fits within their numbers. I find it hard to believe admin would've refused to provide Richards with staff while happily providing the funds to bring in players in areas of the pitch we were already fully stocked in. No one would deny not having the hierarchy above him to support on recruitment is detrimental, but the first team coach, goal keeping coach, etc - that sounds like that was within his remit to do something about it.

Whatever the case, whoever's fault it is, it's absolutely unacceptable on all levels that this has happened and we should be looking to resolve that immediately. You can have the best side in the division but if you physically don't have the time, knowledge and personnel to prepare them properly then you might as well give up now. If we are struggling because Richardson signed badly, his players aren't good enough, he can't motivate his players, etc then it's not very good but fair enough - but to say we are struggling because we are doing without a minimum number of required coaches is beggars belief. I know we are in admin - but that was avoidable.

Last edited:

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Football Hero
Are you classing this site as social media NZFC? If not, then fine, but if yes, then I disagree. This kind of forum is exactly the kind of place where fans should get stuff off their chest, rather than tagging in players on twitter or FB.
Agreed, these forums are the release valve for fans to vent their frustration without it going directly to the players.

Players shouldn't be searching the internet for their own name looking for praise if they have just lost 5-0 at home for the third time in the last couple of months - if they do you go searching for what people think they can only blame yourself if it upsets them. The issues come when players are no looking for what people think but are getting directly messaged with abuse.

If i was a player i wouldn't have any social media, or if i did i would have someone else manage it for me as even if you are playing well and doing loads of charity there will always be some folks who hate you for no reason. So imagine the abuse you get when you are doing badly. As much as we might not rate a player they aren't being rubbish on purpose and getting abuse is only going to make their already low confidence even lower. For every Naismith or Burn who bounce back bigger and stronger for the tough time there are probably 10 times as many players who collapse mentally and end up being even worse. It's a zero sum game for all parties, unfortunately some fans get so wound up they end up venting like that rather than on here.

moonay

Vital Champions League
, Richards got all of the players he wanted except Grigg and they had the budget and willingness to do the deal but the player rejected. We brought in something like 10 new players in January - it doesn't add up that we had money to do all that but none for bare minimum coaching staff.
I think an appropriate context would be that he got those he asked for once he'd established who would sign on such short term deals. I'm pretty certain he'd have wanted other players, but as we weren't going to offer them 3 year contracts, then they were non-starters.

I imagine admin have a budget and if Richards said i want to bring in 3 coaches and 7 players rather than 10 new players they wouldn't care how the cash is spent as long as it fits within their numbers. I find it hard to believe admin would've refused to provide Richards with staff while happily providing the funds to bring in players in areas of the pitch we were already fully stocked in. No one would deny not having the hierarchy above him to support on recruitment is detrimental, but the first team coach, goal keeping coach, etc - that sounds like that was within his remit to do something about it.
I doubt either Richardson or the Admins would want to bring in staff who might be sacked next week. If a new buyer gets the OK, then who's to say that Richardson (and any newly signed staff) wouldn't be out of the door immediately, to make way for a new manager and his own entourage.

If i was a player i wouldn't have any social media, or if i did i would have someone else manage it for me .
Remember KDZ, some of these lads are on a few hundred quid a week ......30 or 40k a year.

Not a terrible wage compared to the outside world, but not one that allows the hiring of a personal media assistant.

(On a plate for Hampton to tell us all about how Massey could hire a media assistant, a driver, a hairdresser, a masseuse and a butler for what he's being paid! ;))

springy-park

Vital Squad Member
When we was a Non-league Club, we met and talked to the players
before and after a match, either in the Supporters Club or the Pub and they
took the plaudits and criticism's on the chin without animosity.

Even on away matches we talked to the players, we were all in it together
and we had some great times mixing with the players, some of them were
very good drinkers and i got drunk on a few outings with them,
whether they won, drew or lost.

Sorry for drifting to 'Bygone Times'.

Made in Wigan

Vital Football Hero
Interesting he says we’ve no goalkeeping coach as I asked this question recently. Not sure it excuses the keeping errors we’ve seen this season. No doubt Richardson and Ricoh are doing what they can and it’s admirable they’re still here doing it. Players however need to sometimes accept responsibility for their own performance levels as quite frankly lack off coaches is no excuses for some of the crap I’ve seen from the senior professionals.

springy-park

Vital Squad Member
Interesting he says we’ve no goalkeeping coach as I asked this question recently. Not sure it excuses the keeping errors we’ve seen this season. No doubt Richardson and Ricoh are doing what they can and it’s admirable they’re still here doing it. Players however need to sometimes accept responsibility for their own performance levels as quite frankly lack off coaches is no excuses for some of the crap I’ve seen from the senior professionals.
These players have been playing football at all levels for years, they have had
a lot of coaching in that time, if they can't play to a decent standard of football now, some of them never will.

Coddenchips

Vital Reserves Team
When we was a Non-league Club, we met and talked to the players
before and after a match, either in the Supporters Club or the Pub and they
took the plaudits and criticism's on the chin without animosity.

Even on away matches we talked to the players, we were all in it together
and we had some great times mixing with the players, some of them were
very good drinkers and i got drunk on a few outings with them,
whether they won, drew or lost.

Sorry for drifting to 'Bygone Times'.
The thing is, most of the people criticising now, do so from the safety of anonymity. If they were to meet the players face to face they wouldn't come with most of the stuff they come out with.