Wigan 3 Sheff Weds 2 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Wigan 3 Sheff Weds 2

No real insults Jock ........... well, not so far as I can see anyway............ though you're quite right re the extent of the angst.

Regardless, let's hope we're having the same joyous discussion next Saturday evening.
;)

and as alweys moonay your a joy to banter with. youve never let me down yet. ;)

bring on the next lot. utft

If you played in any of the leagues around Wigan in the seventies you may well have come across me Brick. I was known by two monicas, the first being "the flying pig" and I assure you this was not in homage to the Liverpool legend Tommy Lawrence or "Billy Casper" after his performance in "Kes".

thats a crackin picture youve painted tb. i no you were a big lad but in them deys all the bloody goalies were big lads. fortunetely as an old right back i never got the nose bleed of box pley but cracked a few center forwards legs in the dey. as you do.

be safe

Why so obtuse Notts. I asked a reasonable question in a civil manner. Playing, coaching or refereeing have nothing to do with this discussion either.

If you weren't there, and you were taking your emotions from listening to the radio, or following twitter or the Beeb, then it may be understandable,

Every other person who went to the game seem to be on the opposite side to your argument.
value

sorry moonay but I was there and can understand what Nottingham is saying. As good as we were we can't know how we measure up in this league until we have played a few more games.

great to score three goals but against better attacking sides we could easily have conceded five. Exciting football but hardly a plan for staying in this league.

Oscar, as I (we) tried to tell Notts, I/we agree..... that game proved nothing. No problem with that. We may still have a struggle for the rest of the season.

Regardless, it was joyful walking out of the stadium after that performance and result.

The two views aren't mutually exclusive.

value

sorry moonay but I was there and can understand what Nottingham is saying. As good as we were we can't know how we measure up in this league until we have played a few more games.

great to score three goals but against better attacking sides we could easily have conceded five. Exciting football but hardly a plan for staying in this league.

yep thats a good point oscar. there were squeeky bum times especialy when they put the kitchen sink on.

me and my mates left the stadium wondering and debating wether we cuold keep this pace up both home and away for the rest of the seeson.

now its the end of transfer day some cuold sey that some pleyers were pulling there tripe out so as to not fall onto transfer list on the last dey. we ll see how it pans out over the next month or so.