Why..... | Vital Football

Why.....

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
............are Wimbledon top of the league (below) when they begin with "W" ?

Just wondering :rolleyes:

I was wondering the same.

AF > Ac

Therefore AK’s comment doesn’t stand.

In IT world the space or full stop character will be seen as before c when ordered alphabetically, so might be to do with that. If it was A.F.C. Wimbledon. That said, it's odd they hav'nt actually put...AFC on it though.

I would imagine they get the league table data from an external feed, but then marry up the teams shown with their own team list, and in their own team list they obviously miss out the afc for whatever reason. Probably complete bull shit though... Just a guess trying to explain a bit of an odd occurrence really.

Last edited:
In IT world the space or full stop character will be seen as before c when ordered alphabetically, so might be to do with that. If it was A.F.C. Wimbledon. That said, it's odd they hav'nt actually put...AFC on it though.

I would imagine they get the league table data from an external feed, but then marry up the teams shown with their own team list, and in their own team list they obviously miss out the afc for whatever reason. Probably complete bull shit though... Just a guess trying to explain a bit of an odd occurrence really.

Seems like a good guess to me.

Being below Accrington is embarrassing. Nice to be above Sunderland though. PL to L2 in three successive drops.

Football League changed its name to EFL, perhaps we start a campaign for Gills to be called AFC Gillingham ? Top, top, top, top of the League......