Why slag off your own fans? | Vital Football

Why slag off your own fans?

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I have to say I am truly amazed!

Don't normally go on other teams boards but had a quick look at The New Fishy to see if they were pleased with their draw.

I was gobsmacked to see a poster on there called Helgy posting in their draw thread having a dig and go at this forum saying how loads of Lincoln fans avoid it like the plague and saying that he was laughing at the threads on here.

This surely can't be the same Helgy that posted on here is it? I thought he was a Lincoln fan? What on earth possesses a fan to post on some other teams message board I can't get my head around anyway (but each to their own) but then to go around slagging off your own teams fans particularly when you are a well known figure beggars belief! Even more amazingly when it's a local rival

It surely isn't the same Helgy is it?

It is, but his account on here got deleted on his request to Vitals I believe.

He's posted on The Fishy for years.

I have to say I am truly amazed!

Don't normally go on other teams boards but had a quick look at The New Fishy to see if they were pleased with their draw.

I was gobsmacked to see a poster on there called Helgy posting in their draw thread having a dig and go at this forum saying how loads of Lincoln fans avoid it like the plague and saying that he was laughing at the threads on here.

This surely can't be the same Helgy that posted on here is it? I thought he was a Lincoln fan? What on earth possesses a fan to post on some other teams message board I can't get my head around anyway (but each to their own) but then to go around slagging off your own teams fans particularly when you are a well known figure beggars belief! Even more amazingly when it's a local rival

It surely isn't the same Helgy is it?
He does sound a bit of a nob, fishy's welcome to him.

So much so that the chairman, the CEO and a couple of directors occasionally post on here. I'm sure they will be pleased to learn that Helgy is laughing at them...

Well we all know the only true Lincoln City supporters reside on private FB groups, where Vitals are slagged off as anonymous keyboard warriors.
Don't really get it, but never mind.

My brief recollection of his posts seem to show he had something of a direct link to the club as he was flogging stuff on ebay through an affiliated club account. That suggests that there will be contributors on here who personally know him. Could I suggest his comments are raised with him for clarification.
You never know it might be a hacked account ( strokes chin in a doubting manner)

If I recall, he had a fallout with someone or maybe a handful of posters on here (can't remember what about) and now taints us all with the same brush. We can't all see eye to eye but you just rub along all the same, he seems to have bit of grudge against the forum as this isn't the 1st time he's had a pop. Shame because if it's the same Helgy he's done a hell alot of good for the club and am sure would be welcomed by most on here, but not if he throws his toys out of the pram at all of us because of an incident involving just another individual. I know from reading ths fishy that some of theirs aren't exactly overjoyed at the constant prescense of imps on their board. So cmon Helgy, bury the hatchet and come back to fold, we're all imps.

I think Stockholm syndrome is about right. In fact i heard that Helgy has been so keen to ingratiate himself with the cods he'd named his first born Cleethorpes...

I recall a post that read as if he was devaluing Jules's contributions to the club via Vitals payments in comparison to how much Helgy had raised over the years.

BOTH commendable in my eyes.

I seem to also recall Hwlgy reacting badly when some folk defended Jules and suggested that it wasn't a contest.

I would put it down to misreading of posts, misinterpreting and running with those misapprehensions. Resulting in an entrenched view and the possibility of bitterness.

A shame - we all have the over arching common feature of being Imps...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!

Has done an enormous amount of fund raising for the Club but has a huge chip on his shoulder about some posters on this board and particularly Jules.

I know he has slagged off this board to members of the hierarchy but actually they see us as having a pretty balanced view of things. Sure we have different opinions on here, but most seem to accept other people's points of view without spitting their dummies out, or posting on other forums.

He needs realise that not everyone seeks the same public recognition that he deems so necessarily important. Time to buy Jules a beer Helgy, and put matters to bed.