Why Poch Must Wield The Axe On Spurs Duo | Vital Football

Why Poch Must Wield The Axe On Spurs Duo

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Why Poch must wield the axe on duo

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524257">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

For the system to work to it's ultimate potential Aurier and Rose fit the profile better than Tripps or Davies. So if both are fit and ready they should get the nod.

Fully fit Rose I agree, but he has been nowhere near fit for over a year now.

Also, for the last 2+ PL seasons, playing without Rose actually yields more points, which may mean we are playing with the wrong formation when he is around.

As long as Sanchez is around to cancel Auba's speed we should be ok.

They are rotational positions with very good alternatives. No axe will be wielded on any. Also Tripps and Davies are more reserved and could be a better option against some teams. Rose is injury prone so rotation is essential. Thank goodness we have such able back up on both sides.

If Rose starts tonight and gets some good minutes under his belt, maybe but if he doesn't then no way he starts against the Gooners!

That duo should be Llorente and Sissoko, both not fit for purpose, the worst two players I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt, I wish they had been playing when I was a kid, they would have convinced me that I if they could play for Spurs then so could I.

Big Chiv - 7/2/2018 22:08

That duo should be Llorente and Sissoko, both not fit for purpose, the worst two players I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt, I wish they had been playing when I was a kid, they would have convinced me that I if they could play for Spurs then so could I.

Absolutely awful ...but there have been worse..

Rose looks like a completely different player these days, obviously the lengthy injury has a lot to do with it and he will improve but I honestly don't think he will get back to his level of the last few years.

Replace him with Sessegnon in the summer and we've had a right touch.

I think Poch is at fault for not telling especially Rose and less so Aurier (who sometimes tried but his crossing is miserable (and the best we get is a corner) to play to Lorente's only strength and cross the ball early to give him a chance.......I think lorente has shot his bolt from the player he was and has no confidence...and even less after last night, but come on if you get in a 'lorente' type when resting Kan or Kane is injured...you must know that he feeds off early crosses....Rose did not put one cross in all night.

Greavswasthegreatest - 8/2/2018 09:57

I think Poch is at fault for not telling especially Rose and less so Aurier (who sometimes tried but his crossing is miserable (and the best we get is a corner) to play to Lorente's only strength and cross the ball early to give him a chance.......I think lorente has shot his bolt from the player he was and has no confidence...and even less after last night, but come on if you get in a 'lorente' type when resting Kan or Kane is injured...you must know that he feeds off early crosses....Rose did not put one cross in all night.

Llorente can and did hold the ball up so did contribute . He was in position to take those two chances which needed well timed runs which he got right. He is doing stuff still that he always did. He just needs to score a couple.

Nick Real Deal - 8/2/2018 17:17

Llorente can and did hold the ball up so did contribute . He was in position to take those two chances which needed well timed runs which he got right. He is doing stuff still that he always did. He just needs to score a couple.

Now where have I heard that before?

80deg16minW - 8/2/2018 18:00

Nick Real Deal - 8/2/2018 17:17

Now where have I heard that before?

LOL, yeah from about every damn striker we try to bring in to back up Kane...