Why Lucas has been given time to adapt | Page 2 | Vital Football

Why Lucas has been given time to adapt

Moura is our weakest link at the moment which is why he rarely played. Considering Lamelas lay off time he came back and made an impact, his tempo and movement , tenacity and vision was obvious when he returned, something we missed. Lamela has been injured for 18 months of the 5 years. His last full season was his best and his performance is on an upward trajectory. He provided a good option on his return. He is not a starter in all games, but a useful sub.

When this first became apparent I thought that it was the other players who couldn't think as quickly as Lamela.

Now, after a couple of healthy seasons for him it is apparent he hasn't adjusted to the players around him.
You mean he hasnt sunk to their level ? He is not thick that's for sure. He plays the way Poch wants so they have to adjust or learn to get the best out of him. I have too thought he is possibly not on the same wavelength, maybe it is a higher one ?

His impact and other aspects of his game is at best par and wouldn't get him a look in for any of our rivals.

You mean he hasnt sunk to their level ? He is not thick that's for sure. He plays the way Poch wants so they have to adjust or learn to get the best out of him. I have too thought he is possibly not on the same wavelength, maybe it is a higher one ?

Whatever the answer is we are not going to build a team around Erik Lamela so adjusting to his style of play is a non-starter.

There is plenty of space for Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lamela and Moura in that squad composition and no reason why they can't continue to compete for 3 spaces in the team. They actually have complimentary skillsets.

I more interested in the 2 signings we can make to go with these current 5 and Kane to complete our attacking unit. If they are younger players, then even more reason to keep our famous 5 together.

There is plenty of space for Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lamela and Moura in that squad composition and no reason why they can't continue to compete for 3 spaces in the team. They actually have complimentary skillsets.

I more interested in the 2 signings we can make to go with these current 5 and Kane to complete our attacking unit. If they are younger players, then even more reason to keep our famous 5 together.

I agree....didn’t know you were an Enid Blyton fan though Mutters!

Before his big injury he was linking really well with the players around him and improved massively. Since his return he has clearly taken a step back in his familiarity with the squad around him and has hit the same rhythm but that's fairly normal with such big injuries.

The biggest attribute that Lamela brings to the squad is how infectious his tenacity is. He never gives up and fights until the final whistle. People slam him with 'headless' chicken remarks but I disagree with that. He chases down better than most as that is the role given to him. Eriksen does the same but it isnt quite as... animated. If that makes sense.

He tackles like a forward. Thats all I need to say about that. Plus, his constant digs at Chelsea players when we play them gives him hero status as far as I'm concerned.

Danny Murphy was doing an in depth analysis of us against the Chavs and he commented that Lamela was terrific in that game. An ex pro who tells it as it is. He also remarked how fluid and adaptable our front 4 was, including Lamela. Eriksen got praise for dropping slightly deeper to create space for himself , Lamela was causing problems and making runs to occupy the defenders. It is a team game and Lamelas input does sometimes get forgotten except by those who know of course.

For him and Aurier a full pre-season is absolutely essential; I think both will really step up after a proper and full pre-season conditioning and of course a greater understanding of the speed and intensity of the PL league and especially knowing how to deal with the press and counter press, which would have been largely alien to both of their play to date.

I just need to Aurier to come good now.....:hmmm:

I heard Lucas and Serge came from France in poor levels of fitness. Obviously Serge needed reprogramming into serious football mode aswell. Some players adapt quickly others take longer. I am pleased Lucas has quashed my doubts over him of course. Still worried about Serge .

We needed him to step up and he has. He has given the first 11 a massive kick up the ass and has been long over due.

I had my doubts but fair play lad.

He was brilliant last night. Buzzed around ,worked his socks off and even has ability in the air despite being a little fella. He has some spring and doesn't shy from the ball. I love that. But what he has got that we have needed for a long time is pace. Looks as fit as a fiddle too. Gives us a new dimension

Moura displayed what all our fans wanted to see, a strong determined player fighting to score goals, who achieved just that. No other player has put that much effort into their play since well, Bale really or young Lennon on his good occasions. But if this guy can do that week after week, we are in serious business. Ok they’ll mark him out but he’s shown that it will take at least 2 players, while the rest of the team take advantage of them. I mean, he WAS all over the place, like someone said, and that’s wearing on the opposition which is just what we want. BRING IT ON LUCAS MY BOY! Show the rest of the team how to be a real MENACE.

Great fan song, “When he gets the ball and he plants in the net, That’s Amoura, .....”. Very Dean Martin, good one ‘80’. That would sound great on the terraces.

The lyric needs to rhyme. As in....when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie....That's Amore.

For example.....when the balls at his feet we all jump out our seat....That's Amoura.

Not great but I came up with it pretty quick. But you get the jist. Some people have no musical aptitude.