Why Lucas has been given time to adapt | Page 3 | Vital Football

Why Lucas has been given time to adapt

It does rhyme, and fit the beat! Just put the emphasis on the first ‘he’. When he gets the ball ... and he plants in the net... that’s our Moura. ‘Simples’ (to a Welshman that is). I will admit that you can better it by changing the wording.....

It does rhyme, and fit the beat! Just put the emphasis on the first ‘he’. When he gets the ball ... and he plants in the net... that’s our Moura. ‘Simples’ (to a Welshman that is). I will admit that you can better it by changing the wording.....

He and he will rhyme cos it's the same fecking word. I thought you Taffs knew a bit about singing and stuff.

I really worry about some of our supporters at times ! If we had witnessed a performance like Moura's last night, for a different team, they would have been raging about why didnt we sign him, and so and so's new Brazilian, wonder boy ! Poch has given him time to adapt his game to what is required in the premiership, that is good management ! Any player we buy from outside the premiership, will always need time to adapt their game, there will always be the odd exception, but we did the right thing by him, and I think it will pay dividends.
Sometimes you have to have a little patience and belief, as Moura said, he and all the other players believe in the PROJECT, maybe we should stop bleating and do the same.

If we see a player as good as Moura playing for another team we know we ain't signing him . Poch's net spend is 30 mil over 4 years.

If I'm honest, in the early stages of the game we were under the cosh. Eriksen and Dele were putting in a massive shift and doing their utmost to support Dembele, Dier and the defence. Moura was mostly invisible in the same way Son is sometimes. He obviously came alive offensively and should have got a penalty. There were long periods against Newcastle away when the same thing happened.

However, when we were 2-0 up and Utd were coming at us again, Moura had figured out how to stay involved at all times. He was dropping in and doubling up on their midfield and more of a willing runner into the channels. It was a much better defensive performance from him in that phase of the game and that will hopefully register what being in the Prem and playing for Poch is all about.

Kudos to him for leaving the pitch absolutely knackered. He left it all out there in a different way than he would have been used to back home or in France.

If we see a player as good as Moura playing for another team we know we ain't signing him . Poch's net spend is 30 mil over 4 years.
So what ? we made profit on players ? wow I thought we were a business not just a football club, businesses are supposed to make a profit, if we were like some of the other teams, where owners, could walk away at any moment and leave the club with masses of debt, and if ENIC as everyone keeps suggesting are going to sell us, then the club will be financially stable, with a very good squad, remember the money put into Sunderland ? Leeds ? Blackburn etc etc where are they now ?

I just don’t understand why other teams seem to buy players and they hit the ground running. New Spurs signings on the other hand need a full preseason and about a year of consistent playing before we expect anything out of them. We hear it from posters over and over on here as THE reason new signings struggle. I’ve heard this for players like Paulinho, Soldado, Jansen, Lamela, N’Koudo, N’Jie, and N’FucknBelieveable. Could it just be that we sign shite most of the time?

Borrowed this. It’s awesome.

When the ball hits the net
And Mourinho's upset
That's a Moura

?When the ball hits the net and Mourinho’s upset That's a Moura When you fly down the pitch and release with a twitch That's a Moura

I just don’t understand why other teams seem to buy players and they hit the ground running. New Spurs signings on the other hand need a full preseason and about a year of consistent playing before we expect anything out of them. We hear it from posters over and over on here as THE reason new signings struggle. I’ve heard this for players like Paulinho, Soldado, Jansen, Lamela, N’Koudo, N’Jie, and N’FucknBelieveable. Could it just be that we sign shite most of the time?
I think it's misleading to suggest that the issue of players from overseas needing time to settle only affects us, this is something that managers have been aware of for years.
Some players settle quicker than others, Sanchez settled quite quickly. It took Son a year, Mahrez did very little in his first year at Leicester but what a second season.
Citeh spent a small fortune on two CB in his first season at citeh, they were awful in their first season, both Salah and kevin de bruyne were poor in their first season in PL

Absolutely. Henry took 18 months and look at what he became. Morata is shite for the Chavs but is far from a bad player
We all know Poch's methods and intensity in training. It must be a bloody eye opener for the players.
The Premiership is a different beast to Serie A and La Liga. Some players just can't settle here and others need time to adapt. Veron, Morientes, Di Maria, Shevchenko, Soldado to name but a few. Not exactly duds are they but couldn't make it here.
I'm not sure Lionel Messi would handle the physicality of the Premier League and he is arguably the best ever.

So what ? we made profit on players ? wow I thought we were a business not just a football club, businesses are supposed to make a profit, if we were like some of the other teams, where owners, could walk away at any moment and leave the club with masses of debt, and if ENIC as everyone keeps suggesting are going to sell us, then the club will be financially stable, with a very good squad, remember the money put into Sunderland ? Leeds ? Blackburn etc etc where are they now ?

You are right....That's why most of us don't expect to sign wow factor players from big clubs.....We can't afford it. So the statement our fans would be asking why don't we sign him after seeing him play like he did against UTD ( once) is debatable.

You are right....That's why most of us don't expect to sign wow factor players from big clubs.....We can't afford it. So the statement our fans would be asking why don't we sign him after seeing him play like he did against UTD ( once) is debatable.
I agree with some of what you say Nick, however paying stupid/over inflated prices for players, that are really not worth the money, this has been led by a few mega rich or stupid clubs, some pay dividends and some really dont, both Salah and De Bruyne had witnessed the premier league first hand at Chavski, so really knew what to expect when they returned, as already mentioned players like Henry took an age to adapt, anyone we would have signed from abroad, really would not have been ready until January ! If Poch or Levy are trying to buy squad players then why would you pay extortionate fees for them to sit on the bench, I like the way we bring through the youngsters, and give them opportunities. I do think we were lucky not getting Grealish as I think he is at his level, although I think Madison would have been a good buy, as he has settled into the premiership and looks to be a great player in the future.

think it's harsh to say Di Maria didn't cut it in the prem. He was one of the top assisters in the league whilst playing for a really dull team... he just clearly wanted out at the earliest opportunity.

I am keen to see how Lucas affects our season. If he adds 20 goals plus and the others contribute with their expected goal tallies our points and goal difference has to improve surely.

With Lamela chipping in maybe and our formidable defence back in tact ( if it stays that way ) , challenging for the title could be realistic.

Moura's story must be interesting. He had undoutable skills and physical assets but was not happy at PSG through lack of appearances. He then comes to us and struggles with fitness, from what I have read he and Aurier were not in good shape.

Then the adjustment to our ethic, our tactics, the PL physicality, his family settling in.

His turnaround is like a new signing and some suggest his January arrival was always for the future not the now.

I am keen to see how Lucas affects our season. If he adds 20 goals plus and the others contribute with their expected goal tallies our points and goal difference has to improve surely.

With Lamela chipping in maybe and our formidable defence back in tact ( if it stays that way ) , challenging for the title could be realistic.

Moura's story must be interesting. He had undoutable skills and physical assets but was not happy at PSG through lack of appearances. He then comes to us and struggles with fitness, from what I have read he and Aurier were not in good shape.

Then the adjustment to our ethic, our tactics, the PL physicality, his family settling in.

His turnaround is like a new signing and some suggest his January arrival was always for the future not the now.

What turn around?