Why Lamela is carefully managed by Poch... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Why Lamela is carefully managed by Poch...

He isn’t… but you were the one nominating him for a MoM award, in a team that only turned up for 20 minutes in a 90 minutes match!?

20 minutes of putting the game to bed. The first period was withstanding Wolves onslaught after losing Dembele and screwing our balance. After this adjustment we clicked and found the way to hurt them. Half time and then another goal. The rest was consolidation and seeing the game out, preserving energy, avoiding injuries with Tuesday looming.

So if you divide the game into chunks it makes more sense. Of course Tripps made things difficult by inviting more pressure . I know it's not as entertaining as thrashing a team 5 or 6 nil but we had other fish to fry in 3 days time.

Don't recall Lamela giving the ball away in either of the attacks that lead to their goals. First was Tripps, 2nd was Winks? In fact in last 8+ mins Lamela and Sissoko were the only ones stopping the ball coming back at us.

20 minutes of putting the game to bed. The first period was withstanding Wolves onslaught after losing Dembele and screwing our balance. After this adjustment we clicked and found the way to hurt them. Half time and then another goal. The rest was consolidation and seeing the game out, preserving energy, avoiding injuries with Tuesday looming.

So if you divide the game into chunks it makes more sense. Of course Tripps made things difficult by inviting more pressure . I know it's not as entertaining as thrashing a team 5 or 6 nil but we had other fish to fry in 3 days time.

Until the mistakes, we had the game by the scruff of the neck.

Until the mistakes, we had the game by the scruff of the neck.
Yes through superior final third play and executing our chances which Wolves are lacking in. To be fair they gave us a good game and based on that performance will stay up if they can put their chances away.

I hope I saw wrong but thought I noticed some waddling from Lamela late on in the game. One in particular when he was chasing back. I also noticed he scored and assisted with his right foot which seems to be more in use these days.