Why Lamela is carefully managed by Poch... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Why Lamela is carefully managed by Poch...

It depends on the prognosis for his condition. Has it been eased temporarily to allow him to play with the expectation of a break down, or is it a pemenant fix which will get stronger ?

From the information gathered it looks like his hip problem has been eased but not cured. I wouldn't be surprised if his hip issue both sides by the way was caused by his fractured back he had when he first joined.

Also as he will have been over compensating that injury for long periods, he will have most probably caused issues in other areas.

The fact he can't train at 100% at his peak age tells me he will have to manage himself for the rest of his career.

All players have injuries EX, you know that. Most carry them for their whole careers.

Fingers crossed he has put all of them problems behind him. He has looked decent this season.

There's playing through mild discomfort and then there's overcoming a career threatening injury. The fractured back and associated issues were huge and our medical team at the time should have a lot to answer for imo.

Tbh I'm not as confident as Ex that Lamela will now be fit consistently. Even with careful management I feel a VDV style involvement is perhaps more likely, where he adds real value to the squad and starts when fit but can't be built around as he'll keep picking up knocks. Hope I'm wrong though, it's just rare you see someone who has had as many injuries as him suddenly stop picking up injuries.

There's playing through mild discomfort and then there's overcoming a career threatening injury. The fractured back and associated issues were huge and our medical team at the time should have a lot to answer for imo.

Tbh I'm not as confident as Ex that Lamela will now be fit consistently. Even with careful management I feel a VDV style involvement is perhaps more likely, where he adds real value to the squad and starts when fit but can't be built around as he'll keep picking up knocks. Hope I'm wrong though, it's just rare you see someone who has had as many injuries as him suddenly stop picking up injuries.

I'm really only confident because one of our physio's let me know he thinks he's almost a new player..!

As always, I guess we will see.

He virtually missed two season and his first was a complete write-off...

So 3 he could play in, 2 he carried injuries and one he seemed injury free and begun to find both form and consistency..

It's a fact that this is his 6th; but it might be the first where his mechanical issues have almost been fully fixed and he can turn, run and jump, shoot freely.... I can already see the difference and to dny it is churlish, the key question(s) now are can he maintain it, and can he still improve further?

I have a feeling the answer to both, is yes.

Guess we will see this season.
This is the most sense I have read on here for ages. No guarantees. Just facts. He may be here for another 5yrs and suck. But i believe he will prove a worthy signing in the end

He virtually missed two season and his first was a complete write-off...

So 3 he could play in, 2 he carried injuries and one he seemed injury free and begun to find both form and consistency..

It's a fact that this is his 6th; but it might be the first where his mechanical issues have almost been fully fixed and he can turn, run and jump, shoot freely.... I can already see the difference and to dny it is churlish, the key question(s) now are can he maintain it, and can he still improve further?

I have a feeling the answer to both, is yes.

Guess we will see this season.

Why was his first season a write off? It occurs to me the reputation he built for 5 years was based on high energy levels, running around a lot, usually expending negative energy retrieving the ball he had possession of. Getting around the pitch and fitness wasn’t much of an issue for him. Poor technical acumen, an inability to tackle properly and lots of headless chicken play characterized most of his time here.

Why was his first season a write off? It occurs to me the reputation he built for 5 years was based on high energy levels, running around a lot, usually expending negative energy retrieving the ball he had possession of. Getting around the pitch and fitness wasn’t much of an issue for him. Poor technical acumen, an inability to tackle properly and lots of headless chicken play characterized most of his time here.

Err he had a broken back?!

man of the Match performance....he's beginning to do what I said he might well do...

Long may it continue.

man of the Match performance....he's beginning to do what I said he might well do...

Long may it continue.

MoM performance based on what the 30 secs it takes to score a goal. Sustainment is the key to be nominated, a few of the Wolves players & Hugo were much closer to demonstrating that.

Did it prevent the almost one-way traffic on our goal in the second half? There was not a lot bit part Lamela could do to stem the flow, apart from giving possession away whenever he came near it.

That's not his role. A goal and an assist is. However he did help out in defence, one tackle in particular he took the ball away and started an attack. If he loses the ball it's usually in an advanced position and he fights to win the ball back or give away a free kick but nips the break in the bud. Lamela rated high marks in all the reviews I have read so far.

That's not his role. A goal and an assist is. However he did help out in defence, one tackle in particular he took the ball away and started an attack. If he loses the ball it's usually in an advanced position and he fights to win the ball back or give away a free kick but nips the break in the bud. Lamela rated high marks in all the reviews I have read so far.

His role if he was good enough to apply it was to adapt to the demands of the situation, get his foot on the ball, keep possession and take the sting and initiative away from the opposition, but he is not equipped to do it.

His role if he was good enough to apply it was to adapt to the demands of the situation, get his foot on the ball, keep possession and take the sting and initiative away from the opposition, but he is not equipped to do it.

He isn't, if you think he's a one man team, which he isn't.