Why I don't own a football club | Vital Football

Why I don't own a football club

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Looking at this weekend's results make me think we could generate some excitement for the players in the end of season run in.

At £2m per place in prize money, we have some opponents who we could realistically overtake in the league and Huddersfield who we could keep under us.

If I owned the club, I would be building in some incentives for wins against Watford, Everton and Huddersfield.

If each place is worth £2m, we could say a win against those selected clubs is worth £100k per player starting berth and £50k for those on the bench. Similarly, for games against that then become non-critical, such as Spurs and Leicester half of that bonus is available for a win.

My reckoning is that the bonus scheme would leave me with more cash since 40% of the money made would go into my reinvestment fund for new players. On top of that, those players I want to sell to upgrade would be putting the sort of effort which ensures their outbound transfer fee is higher.

If we don't win, then I don't lose.

I am sure that players would welcome the extra £500k in their bank accounts.

In short, that's why I am thick and don't run a football club.

Its sad if i had ever got the chance to play for NUFC i would have been going flat out for the win in every fixture even the friendlies no need for financial incentives.

I think its a brilliant scheme Rexn, my only concern is that the players already get too much money. Even better if a significant part of their pay package were already incentivized on results. But those days are surely never coming back.

Final whistle goes and a man comes out on the back of a trike driven by a monkey. He puts a big fuck off bag of cash in the centre of the pitch. Fans vote who gets the most , 2nd most etc. The days of footballers coasting or royally tossing it off would be over.

Aye. It would have to range from 'most' to 'bugger all'. Imagine a truly terrible performance (lets face it, that's been pretty easy this season), the goalie gets a half-hearted cheer, Lascelles a bit of a clap and then... stoney silence. Not a penny.

The big drawback is that FC would make even more money with the help of the sheep.

Its sad if i had ever got the chance to play for NUFC i would have been going flat out for the win in every fixture even the friendlies no need for financial incentives.

More local talent, or Englishmen, would help in this regard. But, alas, that ship has sailed and it’s an international, money-grubbing game now-a-days. And you meddling kids get off my lawn!