why i dont give to charity. | Page 4 | Vital Football

why i dont give to charity.

Gazgecko - 14/8/2013 18:27

kefkat - 13/8/2013 23:19

Gazgecko - 13/8/2013 21:15

My pleasure. Later I'll tell you the story about the time I fell over and grazed my knee. It really hurt!

I hope it involves and oxymoron and a charity Gaz

Ooh. ooh. Yes. So, there I was walking along, minding my own business when a cyclist brushed past me and I fell over (and grazed my knee).

The cyclist wearing an Oxford University sweatshirt apologised and then pulled out a clipboard and asked if I would consider helping to save pandas/orphans/rainforests/Nick Clegg's self esteem (I forget which).

I asked if he was having a laugh, but with an absolutely straight face he told me that pandas/orphans/rainforests/Nick Clegg's self esteem (I forget which) are no laughing matter.

So I threw his bike under a bus.

He was an Oxford University Student; an 'Oxy' for short. And also a moron (although my descriptor was a tad more colourful).

Therefore an Oxymoron working for a charity. *Badum-tish*

No? Anyone?

I'm here all week be sure to tip your waitress... :93:

:1: :1: :1: Now that really did make me laugh

thefacehead - 14/8/2013 17:41

Can't be arsed to argue with people on this matter, so I won't engage people on the thread merely repost my thread (crushingly and oppressively shut down by The Fear ;) that i posted earlier -

The power I hold brings with it great responsibility.

Well, ok, it actually doesn't, but it sounded like a good response!!!!! Lol

I think the point is more really, to check out the charities you are giving to and then obviously we can all make an informed choice.

There are plenty of responsible and benevolent charities/people working within charities.

Does seem there is also a gravey train some 'attach' to doing good!

I'd never not give, but the latest articles have reminded me to research a bit more and to be more selective.