why i dont give to charity. | Page 3 | Vital Football

why i dont give to charity.

kefkat - 9/8/2013 00:15

kefkat - 8/8/2013 01:10

We have a small selection of charities we give to! I know there has to be a part in admin. It's how it works. I don't generally sway from the charities we give too. I have learnt how to say no to those waving boxes for money too.

1 thing I have started doing this year after reading an article about how much food an average family throws out in a year, is on average a months worth of shopping. Now I don't think we are anywhere near it, however I do think about food now more.

If we do chuck any out, I put in a tin what it would have cost me. That money will go to an overseas charity at the end of the year. I will probably split it with Christian Aid, Missionary projects abroad.

Just looked properly at the figures they get after seeing JF say about Christian Aid. I am stunned. They are out of it for me now. I will look to missionary projects abroad or maybe sponsor a child.

I know they have to be paid a wage to do a job. you can't expect volunteers to do it at that level however this is beyond.

i know your a christian kefkat, but mention anything christian and its bound to be money being diverted, only have to look at the church of england never mind the left footers lol

i would never sponsor a child either, probably due to having the feeling most are just made up, more likely jamal from small heath then who ever from deepest africa.

the times us bikers do things for charity is normally for childrens wards and easter egg runs for terminal ill children, normally acorns. what that involves is usually no money but actual presents and easter eggs etc, that way no money is syphoned off.

I could understand it if it was called Catholic Aid, they've always been rob dog bastards through the centuries.

badge73 - 9/8/2013 09:33

kefkat - 9/8/2013 00:15

kefkat - 8/8/2013 01:10

We have a small selection of charities we give to! I know there has to be a part in admin. It's how it works. I don't generally sway from the charities we give too. I have learnt how to say no to those waving boxes for money too.

1 thing I have started doing this year after reading an article about how much food an average family throws out in a year, is on average a months worth of shopping. Now I don't think we are anywhere near it, however I do think about food now more.

If we do chuck any out, I put in a tin what it would have cost me. That money will go to an overseas charity at the end of the year. I will probably split it with Christian Aid, Missionary projects abroad.

Just looked properly at the figures they get after seeing JF say about Christian Aid. I am stunned. They are out of it for me now. I will look to missionary projects abroad or maybe sponsor a child.

I know they have to be paid a wage to do a job. you can't expect volunteers to do it at that level however this is beyond.

i know your a christian kefkat, but mention anything christian and its bound to be money being diverted, only have to look at the church of england never mind the left footers lol

i would never sponsor a child either, probably due to having the feeling most are just made up, more likely jamal from small heath then who ever from deepest africa.

the times us bikers do things for charity is normally for childrens wards and easter egg runs for terminal ill children, normally acorns. what that involves is usually no money but actual presents and easter eggs etc, that way no money is syphoned off.

There is alot of missionary Christian work done Alec that isn't connected to big charities like this.

I know many people who have had the inner calling to go and devote their lives to people in countries such as African nations, Asian nations, China, Russia and so on. There is thousands more like them.

They set up small missionaries or/and rely on people supporting their work. This way you can know what your money is going on.

We have quite a few people in our church who do this abroad. 1 in Russia, 2 in African nations, 1 in China and 1 couple just come back from some African state.

I shall source this to where I put the money as then I will know where it is going

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10224104/30-charity-chiefs-paid-more-than-100000.html

ClivetheVillan - 8/8/2013 21:20

WOW Fear oxymoron, luv that word dude, being as unbright as i am that sounds like one posh word to call somebody from now on if someone pizzes me off they get called the ''oxymoron'' lol

I used to work for Army Intelligence. Now THAT is an oxymoron.

Once met a CIA guy in deepest darkest Sierra Leone (I could tell he was CIA because he was wearing stonewashed jeans, a Hawaiian shirt and sporting a Zapata mustache). He was deeply religious and his cover was working for a charity so we bought him a T-shirt with the words Christians In Action on it (the C, I and A were in bold red).

He did not see the funny side of it at all.

That's my charity story which doesn't even have a real charity in it. This might alos be an oxymoron

My pleasure. Later I'll tell you the story about the time I fell over and grazed my knee. It really hurt!

If you want to make the most money you need top people running the charity, it's as simple as that .
My Daughter used to earn 24k a year working for a charity she raised over £1m not a bad trade of was it ,especially for the hours she put in and all the running around different events she had to do.
Just pointing out they don't all earn 100k a year and sit on their fat arses doing feck all but someone has to have the top job

Gazgecko - 13/8/2013 21:15

My pleasure. Later I'll tell you the story about the time I fell over and grazed my knee. It really hurt!

I hope it involves and oxymoron and a charity Gaz

No mate, that is the point exactly 57, those at the coal face are on pretty low wages but the CEO's do not need more than £75k for a charity, they just don't, especially when they are the ones that take the standing ovations and praise for their benevolence, they aren't being benevolent.

The Fear - 14/8/2013 09:20

No mate, that is the point exactly 57, those at the coal face are on pretty low wages but the CEO's do not need more than £75k for a charity, they just don't, especially when they are the ones that take the standing ovations and praise for their benevolence, they aren't being benevolent.

Thanks Jonathan, you just saved me some typing! :1:

OnMeHeadFred - 14/8/2013 09:33

The Fear - 14/8/2013 09:20

Thanks Jonathan, you just saved me some typing! :1:

:35:

At the risk of sounding a lot nicer than I actually am, I will confess that my respect for volunteers who work for charities is such, that I like to buy some sweets or chocolate biscuits and hand them in at a local charity shop, with explicit instructions that they are for the volunteers.

It always cheers them up and me too.

Lovely gesture.

I am a big fan of random acts of kindness, more people should try it, it is lovely for the recipients but also makes you feel good!

The Fear - 14/8/2013 11:11

Lovely gesture.

I am a big fan of random acts of kindness, more people should try it, it is lovely for the recipients but also makes you feel good!

It is actually very difficult for anyone who has been a "worker" because when someone spends their working days being exploited, and every opportunity is taken to exploit them more and pay them less, they get very cynical and wary.

It is what Marx called alienation and it seems unavoidable.

I think that is why you see elderly middle-class ladies doing most voluntary work because they don't need the money and they have had professions where they were not exploited.

Their outlook is predictably different and it gives them a kind of freedom, your down-trodden oik will never understand.

Alot of younger people do it now too, to add to their CV's. It looks good on CV's that they do voluntary work and fills in time.

Also contrary to tabloid belief alot of people on the sick do 'allowed' voluntary work, to feel useful

A friend of mine got made redundant when he was 60. Straight away he went to work at the Citizens Advice for nothing. He has now turned 65 and getting his pension but he is still volunteering at the CAB. Doing a great job helping those less fortunate.

http://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-sector-network/2012/nov/13/charity-donations-donors-decrease-survey

and yet those at the top, salaries and bonuses go up ....

Can't be arsed to argue with people on this matter, so I won't engage people on the thread merely repost my thread (crushingly and oppressively shut down by The Fear ;) that i posted earlier -

I can't be bothered to read back on through the forum.

I am sceptical about certain money goings on's in our greedy world. But if everyone in this world refused to give money to charities then there would be a lot of struggling people to put it mildly. I have given different sums of money and signed up to various organisations in the past where and when I have had the means to.

I don't think people should be forced to give money out, after all it is their money.

Personally my heart glows warm when I feel like I have done a good turn and god knows I don't do enough.

kefkat - 13/8/2013 23:19

Gazgecko - 13/8/2013 21:15

I hope it involves and oxymoron and a charity Gaz

Ooh. ooh. Yes. So, there I was walking along, minding my own business when a cyclist brushed past me and I fell over (and grazed my knee).

The cyclist wearing an Oxford University sweatshirt apologised and then pulled out a clipboard and asked if I would consider helping to save pandas/orphans/rainforests/Nick Clegg's self esteem (I forget which).

I asked if he was having a laugh, but with an absolutely straight face he told me that pandas/orphans/rainforests/Nick Clegg's self esteem (I forget which) are no laughing matter.

So I threw his bike under a bus.

He was an Oxford University Student; an 'Oxy' for short. And also a moron (although my descriptor was a tad more colourful).

Therefore an Oxymoron working for a charity. *Badum-tish*

No? Anyone?

I'm here all week be sure to tip your waitress... :93: