Why England lost... | Vital Football

Why England lost...

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
IMHO:

1) Shouldn't have taken Sterling off; the midfield after that had no bite
2) Kane fired on two cylinders only and looked completely out of sorts
3) Apart from set-pieces, England try to walk the ball in the net. For God's sake, have a crack!

Didn't build a lead in the first half when on top giving time for the Croatian coach to adjust tactics after HT. Stones taking a little nap at a critical moment.

Firstly, to the lads, thanks for the ride!

I suppose if you are looking for a headline, "One shot on goal in 120 minutes" would sum the whole thing up.

We lost momentum after 30 minutes and never got it back. In fact, we were very lucky to even get into overtime.

I never thought I'd say this but Sterling was the MOTM for me and I don't understand why he was subbed.

Kane was MIA for 120 minutes.

Walker played a role in both their goals. For the first, he waited for the ball to come to him to head rather than move to it. Had he moved to it, the Croat would not have got a foot near the ball. The second was the result of a Walker miskick which, seconds later, helped Croatia put the ball into our net.

No complaints. the best team on the day won.

Second bestafter first half.That miss from Kane would have killed it off. Bright futire ahead take Young out and average age is 22.

Hoofing long balls and allowing Croatia to play and come at us can only end in one result. Great young team, but very green.

I agree with Bear that they should have gone for another couple of goals in the first half. Kane and Lingard had also been absent in our last couple of games. It has been a great ride but the reality is that we punched above our weight and lack really world class players that can open up defences with psssinh from midfield and we need a couple of other strikers who can put away our chances. Sterling has real oace but no end product or goals

is it me, or was Kane lucky or not well. take away the pens, the heel and he scored a couple early on. not really the return of a world class striker.. mind you i wouldnt leave him on our bench.