Why do you support Tottenham Hotspur? | Vital Football

Why do you support Tottenham Hotspur?

D

Departed

I have to hand it to a few of you. Continual challenges are faced with a positive attitude and a sense of determination to make the best of it. I am beyond impressed with your courage and mental resilience. I think it was StevePerryman that said "that is love". You are all an inspiration to the rest of us.

There are people everywhere that could take a lesson from these people. Perhaps some should realize that Tottenham Hotspur and the personnel are not responsible for their lot in life. This is sport. These people don't wake up in the morning and think how can I make the worst of the situation today, These people have put themselves out there and reached the pinnacle of their profession.

But I suppose, those that are successful are targets and always have been. I have always found that most people that target successful people have NO idea what it cost the successful individual personally to become successful. The hard work, the sleepless nights worrying about every little thing, and the sacrifices their immediate, and sometimes extended, families have had to make.

The other thing that amazes me is the need to complain about Spurs constantly. It's entertainment. I get being occasionally pissed off about something you don't agree with but deriding everything? You can always turn it off it is detracting from your life that much. Eliminate the things that upset you and you may become a happier person.

Covid has cost the club in terms of its trajectory. It's cost a lot of us. We have to live with that.

But having grown up in a single-parent family with 6 children I know what is important in life. The people around you and the things you do when you're not working. You should enjoy all of those things or change them if you don't. Life is too short to spend your time being pissed off permanently.

I thoroughly enjoy anything Spurs, it's a pleasant distraction from everything. Including this forum. If I didn't I wouldn't bother being involved at all.

I love the club, and still believe it will be a huge success, no matter what obstacles we have to confront and overcome.

It's all about money and we will be a self-made success i.e. success built on what we the supporters have contributed and not what some billionaire has chucked at us (or most definitely not in our case!)

It is of course a hard route we've been forced to take, but one that ultimately we should all be proud of.

No financial dopping here!

Because I will always remember my Grandad putting me on his shoulders at WHL, to watch Spurs beat H'field 3 nil, my first time at a game.

Been my team through thick n thin ever since.

Sounds like my dad in the 1940's. He used to get passed to the front and told to stay there until after the final whistle. All the kids used to get passed down apparently.

Dad was one of 7 kids born in Enfield and brought up in Edmonton. St Malo avenue from memory. I always joke with football fans that got to choose their clubs. Myself and my 21 cousins had Spurs as a birth right.

I'm with Ex's post above. This period is just a pain barrier to go through.

Sounds like my dad in the 1940's. He used to get passed to the front and told to stay there until after the final whistle. All the kids used to get passed down apparently.

Dad was one of 7 kids born in Enfield and brought up in Edmonton. St Malo avenue from memory. I always joke with football fans that got to choose their clubs. Myself and my 21 cousins had Spurs as a birth right.

Shame we can't be Cryogenic frozen to come back when we are financially unhindered and a team built.

I used to live on Old Park Ridings.

All of the family are Spurs fans. It was just the way it was. My cousin came out as a united fan to his dad, my uncle Derek in the mid 80s when he was about 11. Derek didn't speak to his own son for about a month. Stopped his pocket money. Caused a right stir in the family. Everyone calling each other up saying 'Have you heard about Glenn supporting Manchester United'. He still hasn't been forgiven. At a Christianing years ago my brother told him we would prefer it if he'd come out as a paedo.

Haha Yes muttley the passing on did happen when I was a kid, 5, remember it happening to myself, if am right it was scary at first then a joy/game, all then strangers etc but in the end what a ride, lol!

All my 5 nippers, well 33 to 43 yrs old, are massive Yids/Spurs fans, its in the blood, even 6 of my grandkids.

Ex so bloody true.

Same here. Im for the long haul at this stage.My Da was a massive Spurs fan and it got passed down to me. There is 7 of us,5 boys and 2 girls. Myself and 2 of my brothers support Spurs plus 1 sister,the rest support Utd,Pool and God forbid Arse,I think he did it to piss us all off. Lol.

First of all it was players that attracted me to Spurs. Hoddle, Waddle,Ossie,Villa and others. Then I watched and you see the passion and the style of football brought through the team from players like Mabbutt. Watching the famous villa goal in 1982 and the 1984 uefa cup final. There were so many games and players that gave everything for the club. We have had reckless owners we have had tight owners now we have who balance the books and have tried so many managers and failed with so many manager's not one has brought more than 1 trophy. Only George Graham and Jacque Santini have brought a trophy. I don't support Spurs for the glory because unlike some on here I do not think we will see glory for many years. We have made no steps forward since we hit the cl final heights when Levy had a chance to build but instead he sacked our best manager since Terry Venables and replaced him with our worst manager since gross. He has set this club back seasons and unless we have massive backing and the right manager our taste of glory is far away.

I totally identify with being passed over the heads to get down the front. Park Lane end!
Before the war my dad used to go to watch the other lot up the road one week and Spurs the next. It was quite common in those days I think. After the war he married my mum and lived eventually in The Avenue off Bruce Grove. Spurs was just 20 minutes walk away and he became an ardent fan, never giving the other lot a thought. I was taken from the age of 7. I was privileged to see the great double side and have seen so many wonderful players. Spurs is in my blood as with my son, daughter and now my grandson. I couldn’t imagine supporting another team
Having said that - a story.! In the mid 70’s I snapped a crucifer ligament playing football. I was out for 6 months and at time lived in Luton having moved from Tottenham after getting married. After about 3 months recovery my mates suggested I go watch Luton with them. I got well into supporting Luton! However it was the season when both Spurs and Luton were vying for relegation from the old first division. There was a vital gam T the Lane, Spurs v Luton and each team needed to win from my memory to avoid relegation. My mates decided we were all going down to see the game. They (and maybe me) Luton supporters were wondering who I would support knowing I loved the Spurs. I truly didn’t know, until I hobbled into that ground when all the old feelings and emotions came flooding back! There was no choice! I was Spurs for ever and still am through thick and the lots of thin. They are my team for good or ill. I love them and love to moan about them, but only because I care! I suggest that all of us whether moaners or not have exactly the same feelings - because we care! Keep that in mind always. We care!