Why did the GFO_Editor do it? | Vital Football

Why did the GFO_Editor do it?

DBtheGill

Vital Youth Team
Does anyone know why the previous editor handed the reigns to DOX/ILSJ ?

It seems like a petty thing to do and whilst there are more important things in this world than GFC forums to worry about it does seem rather spiteful to hand it over to him knowing what he was like.

Well I don't suppose DOX contacted the previous editor and said "Hi, I'm DOX, can I take over the forum". Creates a new email address, passes himself off as a journalism student or graduate or whatever it was he claimed, if the previous ed just wanted out as soon as possible, there's no reason why he would've thought any more of it.

Yeah that's what I thought likely happened. The previous editor banned. Can't see any reason why he would knowingly have handed him the reigns.

The previous Ed was/is alright, I've met him at Millwall last season and had a few beers with him. He was silly what he did which was why he stepped down but as you've said he wouldn't pass it over just to let someone f@ck it up'

For what it's worth - i've located and spoken with the old GFOEditor over facebook. He's in France for the Euros so hasn't quite seen what's going on, and is also fairly saddened that DOX/ILSJ has taken over. More saddened for ILSJ/DOX really, echoing our thoughts of what a strange guy he must be. The GFOEditor was completely unaware and said the guy seemed to be a normal guy and have the best interests at heart when he handed over.

He has a contact for central admin and has said they are fairly helpful (i'm hoping it's a different contact details to what we've used so far) and I've asked him to send it over to me so that we can contact them directly and make them aware of what's happened. I am sure if they are actually managing the place they will be keen to do something about it.

I've got those contact details now, 2 private email addresses by the looks of it which is good. One for a techy and one for another guy who will probably be more help. I've emailed over some sort of letter of complaint to make them aware of what's happened. I am happy to share the details if anybody wants them to also do the same, alternatively I personally feel that it's possible that one message rather than 20 would be more effective. Maybe wait a few days to see what response I get - but happy to do what people prefer/suggest.

I emailed the team on the contact page but have had no reply. The published telephone number is NBG.

AK, to me the important thing was that when I tried to contact the 'overall' Admin I recieved an 'sql-error' page. As a result, I have not been able to contact them.
However, I do not believe that the severe reduction of posts (i.e. visibility) will impress the advertisers too much!

He has also deleted the post supposedly from Kedderz congratulating him and slagging the requests to delete the membership details on which I added that the reason they were phrased in that manner was that it made it a legal request that had to be complied with.
So I would check in a short while and report him if he hasn't complied!!

Razorpound - 24/6/2016 21:37

AK, to me the important thing was that when I tried to contact the 'overall' Admin I recieved an 'sql-error' page. As a result, I have not been able to contact them.
However, I do not believe that the severe reduction of posts (i.e. visibility) will impress the advertisers too much!

I'm not sure there even is a central admin there mate.
Over the years I tried on a few occasions to send them an email about server issues, site problems etc. Never had any replies or acknowledgements.

Speaking of which, I posted an "alert" and an email direct to central admin on here (vital) a few days ago and I've heard nothing back.

NathanH_GFC - 24/6/2016 23:02

All recent posts deleted - did you all get screen shots of the requests to delete your accounts?!

He is non-compliant. Simply banning accounts and IP addresses doesn't fulfil the terms of the requests made by over 50 users.

I used to be a regular poster on Gills Online, and I have been watching this farce develop - mainly through Pledge's posts on Facebook. Totally bizarre, it was doubly strange ready the Guvnor's posts from the outside, rather than as someone right in the middle of it.
I suppose he should be congratulated for completely killing a vibrant message board single handed. Quite an achievement