Why can’t Paul Cook land a job | Page 4 | Vital Football

Why can’t Paul Cook land a job

It was a wistful hypothetical muse not meant to be taken seriously.

You are right though as Burton are hardly going to be paying big bucks and their position when he took the job was looking like a drop to L2.
PS. nice avatar picture of you and your daughter.

Agree re Richardson and the timing, however for the longer term future of the club I'm more concerned with him taking Gregor Rioch than Richadson to be honest.
Not sure why Gregor would again want to work for a manager who is averse to progressing even the best of academy products to first team football ?

Reading Ipswiches local rag have recently run a couple of front page stories demanding Lamberts sacking, obviously not as "soft" as our local rag, be interesting to observe how he gets on.... If they appoint him.

Reading Ipswiches local rag have recently run a couple of front page stories demanding Lamberts sacking, obviously not as "soft" as our local rag, be interesting to observe how he gets on.... If they appoint him.

Ipswich local press has never been afraid to question Lambert, and from what i've seen Lambert has not thrown his toys out of the pram when it happened and robustly defended himself without getting bratty.

Cook always got funny if he got asked even slightly difficult but fair questions so it could get spicy down the line if he goes there.

I'd be amazed if Leam Richardson left us now to team up with Cook, should he get the Ipswich job . Maybe at the end of the season, or if our new owners brought in their own people,but no way will he abandon us now after all the effort he has expended.

If our local paper had ever run a couple of front page stories demanding Paul Cook's sacking, then they'd have ended up looking pretty silly, as they'd have been proven wrong.

Someone having the balls to do something doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do.

If our local paper had ever run a couple of front page stories demanding Paul Cook's sacking, then they'd have ended up looking pretty silly, as they'd have been proven wrong.

Someone having the balls to do something doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do.

Yet we’re still waiting for the local rag to ask the difficult questions as promised eight months after entering administration. Not good enough quite frankly, as in this situation it doesn’t even take balls to do.

Yet we’re still waiting for the local rag to ask the difficult questions as promised eight months after entering administration. Not good enough quite frankly, as in this situation it doesn’t even take balls to do.
Different scenario though. Demanding the sacking of the manager, and asking questions of those currently running the club who many people probably believe would likely give disingenuous anyway, aren't two sides of the same coin.

You can ask as many difficult questions you want it doesn't mean that they will get answered, the way I see it this mob from beggbies don't like any questions.

Different scenario though. Demanding the sacking of the manager, and asking questions of those currently running the club who many people probably believe would likely give disingenuous anyway, aren't two sides of the same coin.

I agree, but my point is if they won’t ask searching questions when clearly they should be, they clearly never will,

Again, I agree, but it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be asked.

But how do you know they are not being asked ?
No one else is saying owt, someone must be asking ?

There is a thread praising young whittle on here and I am not knocking the lad but his interviews with the main players have revealed little or nothing, I think he is still naive enough in his career to ask things older wiser, more fearful journalists wouldn't.

Last edited:

There is a thread praising young whittle on here and I am not knocking the lad but his interviews with the main players have revealed little or nothing, I thing he is still naive enough in his career to ask things older wiser, more fearful journalists wouldn't.
Jay probably is reading these posts maybe he could answer
But I still say he is doing a fantastic job

Jay probably is reading these posts maybe he could answer
But I still say he is doing a fantastic job

no argument from me there, the point I am trying to make is nobody gets anything off begbies and they seem to get others saying nothing either

There is a thread praising young whittle on here and I am not knocking the lad but his interviews with the main players have revealed little or nothing, I think he is still naive enough in his career to ask things older wiser, more fearful journalists wouldn't.

Basically from the local rag. I don’t subscribe as there’s nothing of value in it, but from what I garner from twitter (yes I know) there is nothing of substance being asked, whether answered or not.

You can ask as many difficult questions you want it doesn't mean that they will get answered, the way I see it this mob from beggbies don't like any questions.
Agreed as they can't seem to align between them or even remember what they have previously come out with.
That said it's not just Begbies who need to have difficult questions asked of them

I'd be amazed if Leam Richardson left us now to team up with Cook, should he get the Ipswich job . Maybe at the end of the season, or if our new owners brought in their own people,but no way will he abandon us now after all the effort he has expended.
I would have thought Cooky will be looking at someone like Noel Hunt to help him out at Ipswich

I would have thought Cooky will be looking at someone like Noel Hunt to help him out at Ipswich
Him and Gary Roberts are both going with him apparently. Those two will probably be enough to tide things over until the summer when Richardson is free.

He wont be at Ipswich long they were long term members of the elite division and see themselves as that. Getting out of league 1 and holding a place down in the championship is not where Ipswich want to be. Great club with decent fans who are hungry for a return to the big stage. Cookie will be under immense pressure from the off and I would question his ability to go to the top.