Why can’t Paul Cook land a job | Page 6 | Vital Football

Why can’t Paul Cook land a job

Relegation from the Prem wasn't though, was it?
Undeniable proof supporting Jeff's argument 👍
Would you rather have stayed up and lost the final? You'd be one of a very small minority if that's the case.

Jeff drones on about dross, and 4-4-2, and the heroes of non-league days, but that's the nature of looking back wistfully to (what we thought were) better days.

In every era, there's good and bad. For personal reasons, we each choose to see (and remember) things as we wish. Others see (and remember) them differently.

Neither are right or wrong.

Would you rather have stayed up and lost the final? You'd be one of a very small minority if that's the case.

Jeff drones on about dross, and 4-4-2, and the heroes of non-league days, but that's the nature of looking back wistfully to (what we thought were) better days.

In every era, there's good and bad. For personal reasons, we each choose to see (and remember) things as we wish. Others see (and remember) them differently.

Neither are right or wrong.
Did I say that...???
No, I didn't.

Just because you don't agree with what Jeff says, doesn't make his opinion any less valid...

Did I say that...???
No, I didn't.

Just because you don't agree with what Jeff says, doesn't make his opinion any less valid...

I didn't say you did say that ........ which is why it was worded as a question.

Also, I've not said that Jeff's opinion isn't valid. My follow on post simply put it into context ... from my point of view ... in my opinion.

My initial response to him (and to you) simply countered the "dire drab rubbish in 2012/13." comment with the memory of 2 glorious days within that timescale. That's all.

We could have done both, naive from Martinez in the latter stages of the 2013 season.
Given the fact the infamous Chris Farnell (Martinez's agent, at the time) was elevated to the board just days after we thumped Everton 3-0 in the cup, leads me to believe he was leaving the club at the end of that season regardless...

I didn't say you did say that ........ which is why it was worded as a question.

Also, I've not said that Jeff's opinion isn't valid. My follow on post simply put it into context ... from my point of view ... in my opinion.

My initial response to him (and to you) simply countered the "dire drab rubbish in 2012/13." comment with the memory of 2 glorious days within that timescale. That's all.
And 2 glorious days that I wouldn't change for the world, might I add... 👍
BUT... There were far more awful days that season than glorious, and that's the original argument in a nutshell...

Good luck Paul, I expect you to be a success there. Remember what the great Shanks said give me the spine and I will build a team around it.
You gave us a great spine before administration. That team was destined to go far.

Good luck Paul, I expect you to be a success there. Remember what the great Shanks said give me the spine and I will build a team around it.
You gave us a great spine before administration. That team was destined to go far.
State of our spine last night and no surprise we are propping up L1

Cook all but confirming in the local Ipswich press that Richardson will be on his way there in the summer. Probably the best outcome for all. Any new owner will want a blank canvas to work with and no prospective manager deserves an unfair relegation on their CV. Let's get the season done, see if we still have a pulse regardless of what league we're in and go from there. Richardson will leave with my best wishes whatever happens on the pitch.

Cook all but confirming in the local Ipswich press that Richardson will be on his way there in the summer. Probably the best outcome for all. Any new owner will want a blank canvas to work with and no prospective manager deserves an unfair relegation on their CV. Let's get the season done, see if we still have a pulse regardless of what league we're in and go from there. Richardson will leave with my best wishes whatever happens on the pitch.
If he has said that it's another kick in the bollocks we don't need right now.
Bad enough most of the players will be gone now the bloke who has to try and motivate them to keep us up.
Should have said nowt (in this instance) - not helpful

Seems a perfectly reasonable response to be honest.

It's not a case of "he's coming for him in the summer" .... more a case of "he's leaving well alone right now to let the lad get on with his job".

Speaking at his first press conference since being unveiled Ipswich manager, Cook said: ‘Manager of Portsmouth comes with a health warning - that’s for certain!

‘When I went to manage Portsmouth, the reality of their situation dropping through the leagues was so tough on the supporters.

‘Portsmouth went from “when Sol went up to lift the FA Cup” to playing League Two football. There’s a natural reaction to that.’

Cook faced some toxic atmospheres as manager, before delivering the League Two in dramatic fashion on the final day of the 2016-17 season.

And when asked about the comparison between turning around Pompey and the club he joined this week, he intimated tackling the negativity brought on by the club’s decline was a tough task.

He added: ‘Football fans at 99 per cent of clubs believe that they’re the 12th man.

‘But sometimes at some of the football clubs they’re not the 12th man, they’re actually the 10th man.

‘It’s like losing a man because they are that critical of the team on the pitch and their performance.

‘Sometimes a football fan’s anger can come out in the wrong way.

‘I’ve been brought up as a football fan to support your team, get behind your team and have no negativity.

‘The negativity used to come when we went for a pint after the game game and we could slag everyone off then.

‘For 90 minutes during a football game, a football fan’s job is to support and get behind their team.

Ipswich Town’s takeover by Gamechanger 20, a group that includes three board members of the US club Phoenix Rising, has been completed in a transaction worth about £40m

Ipswich Town’s takeover by Gamechanger 20, a group that includes three board members of the US club Phoenix Rising, has been completed in a transaction worth about £40m

I can understand their catchment area and potential crowds that come with that could make them a better club than us for future growth on investment but when we went for 3.5m, 40m seems excessive.

I can understand their catchment area and potential crowds that come with that could make them a better club than us for future growth on investment but when we went for 3.5m, 40m seems excessive.
Our buyers got an utter bargain compared to that.
Bloody hell, Cooky with money. How many players will he sign but never play?