Why can’t Paul Cook land a job | Page 3 | Vital Football

Why can’t Paul Cook land a job

I can't believe he has not got a job in championship the guy has done well at every club he has been at. A built a bit of a name for himself through what happened here last year. You would think clubs would be fighting for him.
If you were the chairman of a Championship side looking for a new manager to try and gain promotion to the Premier League, because let's be honest, that's the goal for every single Championship club apart from the likes of Wycombe and Rotherham. Would you really employ someone with this record in the division? I certainly wouldn't and unsurprisingly I'm not in the minority!

If I was the chairman of a championship side I would be taking a very long, hard look at JFH. What a job he is doing over at Burton. They will be mid table in about 4 weeks.

That's why we need this takeover sorting ASAP .

I'd take him right now. Got to be better than trundling along in 2nd gear with a guy who doesn't want the job.

Aye but would imagine JFH be on slightly more than the lads we got in and you might not have noticed but we are in administration and no Manager of repute will come here with a 10 week contract!

Yet he’s remained and done his best to keep the team afloat. Undoubtedly he’s made mistakes, but someone staying to fight in these circumstances gets my respect and gratitude.

Yep fair play to him, but he does lack experience in the managers role, if Cook gets another job he'll be off anyway, the new owners will bring their own man in no doubt.
Personally i would love Richardson to stay on as first team coach.

I think that Richardson was reluctant to take the helm originally and hence the reason people think he will leave and take up the second in command role when PC finally gets a job. In my opinion LR and GR have done a decent job given all the circumstances and I now think that having had a taste of management and proven that he is capable LR might have to think twice before running back to be a No.2.

I think it might be difficult to return to relinquishing control after you have been in the hot seat, especially a hot seat like the one he has experienced with us over the last six months. The last few months have probably given him the push needed to move on and although we are still in relegation trouble he has shown that he can cope with the day to day strains of being a manager. He has effectively had three seasons in one as the turnover in playing staff has meant that he has had to build three different teams and yet we are still in contention of survival in the division.

Personally I would like to see him be given the opportunity to continue in the position and finish the job he has started. Give him the budget to rebuild and the back up staff to allow us to move on under his guidance as I believe he has the promise to be a good manager at this level and we could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire by bringing in someone else.

In an article in the Obby last week he seemed to say he is ready for a go at Managing. So if possible he may stay and build his own staff. When P C was banned to the stands he seemed to get better performance from the team. Hope he stays

Good luck to him, a good club and probably about the right size for him to make his next career step. He's probably realised that after the rejections from Bristol City, Sheff Wed, Forest Cardiff, Derby etc when they all sacked managers that he'd have to temper expectations and possibly drop down a level to start again. Ipswich are apparently getting taken over, so a big budget and he'll likely have them up next season.

Having said that, as much as I wish him well it would leave a very sour taste if he came in for Richardson right now. At the end of the season, by all means take him. If by some miracle we actually get taken over within the next few weeks and the new owners want to bring their own man in immediately, then once again by all means take him. Until then though, considering his history with us it would be an utter twat's trick to offer the captain of the titanic a private dinghy to safety, leaving the rest of us poor bastards to drown.

Good luck to him, a good club and probably about the right size for him to make his next career step. He's probably realised that after the rejections from Bristol City, Sheff Wed, Forest Cardiff, Derby etc when they all sacked managers that he'd have to temper expectations and possibly drop down a level to start again. Ipswich are apparently getting taken over, so a big budget and he'll likely have them up next season.

Having said that, as much as I wish him well it would leave a very sour taste if he came in for Richardson right now. At the end of the season, by all means take him. If by some miracle we actually get taken over within the next few weeks and the new owners want to bring their own man in immediately, then once again by all means take him. Until then though, considering his history with us it would be an utter twat's trick to offer the captain of the titanic a private dinghy to safety, leaving the rest of us poor bastards to drown.

Ipswich have always had a good history of producing home grown talent that have gone on to top clubs, I would be more worried about Gregor Rioch and his youth team coaching staff leaving over Richardson.

Agree re Richardson and the timing, however for the longer term future of the club I'm more concerned with him taking Gregor Rioch than Richadson to be honest.