Why can’t Paul Cook land a job | Page 2 | Vital Football

Why can’t Paul Cook land a job

Think Celtic currently in need of a bit of an overhaul of the squad with a bit of rebuilding & if PC was asked / signed then if he didn't have them up & running he'd get slaughtered by the Celtic fans...think us lot are impatient those clowns think they're the North of the border equivalents of Liverpool. I mean PC didn't like the grief he got from some quarters at the DW he'd get it alot more up there especially at an old firm game at Parkhead with 60K baying Celtic fans when Rangers hump them 1/2/3 nil....
For 18 months PC got away lightly and at most clubs would have been shown the door.
Naismith gate was his fault entirely IMO the vast majority were booing the manager not the player who Cook threw under a bus that day.
For sure credit for the last 6 months last season and a short period the year before but on balance more downs than ups for me.

For 18 months PC got away lightly and at most clubs would have been shown the door.
Naismith gate was his fault entirely IMO the vast majority were booing the manager not the player who Cook threw under a bus that day.
For sure credit for the last 6 months last season and a short period the year before but on balance more downs than ups for me.

Sorry have to disagree with you Hampton on the 'Naismith gate' that fans were booing the manager & not the player. I was at that game sat in ES2/3 when Naismith came on & I can say with a fair bit of certainty that they were booing Naismith cos once the booing subsided the verbal & personal insults rained down on him from the stands. A few of us tried to shout them down with some choice words but make no mistake they were definitely giving him some serious shit.......now at the time I didn't think he was up to much but certainly never gave him stick & the turnaround in him after all that stick was truly brilliant...would have seen off alot more seasoned professionals...so well done him.

Sorry have to disagree with you Hampton on the 'Naismith gate' that fans were booing the manager & not the player. I was at that game sat in ES2/3 when Naismith came on & I can say with a fair bit of certainty that they were booing Naismith cos once the booing subsided the verbal & personal insults rained down on him from the stands. A few of us tried to shout them down with some choice words but make no mistake they were definitely giving him some serious shit.......now at the time I didn't think he was up to much but certainly never gave him stick & the turnaround in him after all that stick was truly brilliant...would have seen off alot more seasoned professionals...so well done him.
I'm in ES4 Jock and not my experience, now maybe the misguided goof in ES2 took pots at Kal but the slightly older misguided lads around me had only 1 target and that was PC for a stupid substitution.
I didn't rate Naismith at that point either but felt very sorry for him that day was placed in an impossible position by his boss.

Edit : yoof not goof 🤣
Anyrode Jock what you doing in ES2 ?
Is it the Scottish casual coming out in you 😉

I'm in ES4 Jock and not my experience, now maybe the misguided goof in ES2 took pots at Kal but the slightly older misguided lads around me had only 1 target and that was PC for a stupid substitution.
I didn't rate Naismith at that point either but felt very sorry for him that day was placed in an impossible position by his boss.

Edit : yoof not goof 🤣
Anyrode Jock what you doing in ES2 ?
Is it the Scottish casual coming out in you 😉

It was definitely not all just the 'yoof' giving him uncalled for abuse, there were a fair few old uns..
Sadly been in my 'seat' for many a year up in ES2, mainly because I like to stand n watch my footy (taking me back to the old days I guess) plus the atmosphere is a bit better. Once did the West stand, jeez the looks you get if you happen to get a bit vocal....god forbid you swear, not sure wot the punishment is then 😉

It was definitely not all just the 'yoof' giving him uncalled for abuse, there were a fair few old uns..
Sadly been in my 'seat' for many a year up in ES2, mainly because I like to stand n watch my footy (taking me back to the old days I guess) plus the atmosphere is a bit better. Once did the West stand, jeez the looks you get if you happen to get a bit vocal....god forbid you swear, not sure wot the punishment is then 😉
With you on the West only one go myself - like an episode of waiting for god 🤣

I’m quite glad that happened. You learn a lot about a player and themselves by their reaction to something like that and Naismith I think is a better player for it. Of course he won’t have felt like it at the time, but now a year on, an experience like that can really serve you well going forward in your career.

I still can’t believe Paul Cook survived the axe after that game. The atmosphere after Naismith fucked up for that Reading third goal was one of most toxic I’ve ever heard at the DW. Both player and manager got absolutely savaged. The only reason I stayed till the end was to boo at full time!

No proper job has become available to be fair, just Derby and Sheff Wed who are both on the verge of administration and apparently unable to pay players. They are in a far worse situation than we were in on the 1st July.

No proper job has become available to be fair, just Derby and Sheff Wed who are both on the verge of administration and apparently unable to pay players. They are in a far worse situation than we were in on the 1st July.
Reunion with Kieffer on the cards ?

The first decent opportunity, they have players that are better than the Harris negative hoof style, so Cook would fit in. They spend well above FFP so money not an issue and EFL not punishing sides anymore, would be an open chequebook.

The first decent opportunity, they have players that are better than the Harris negative hoof style, so Cook would fit in. They spend well above FFP so money not an issue and EFL not punishing sides anymore, would be an open chequebook.

Mick McCarthy was appointed Cardiff Manager for the remainder of the season.
It has been reported today Cook has turned down Wednesday with an offer to take charge until the end of the season, which doesn’t seem to fit the manager’s ideal.
It is believed Cardiff City were passed-up on a similar basis.

Cook may fancy Bournemouth job, but will Bournemouth fancy Cook? Bookies as usual will have Cook on a short list. They may take a punt in him🤔

Off to Ipswich according to reports. Hope he don't pinch Richardson!
That's nailed on when cook gets a job Richardson will join him
After all they are a team that work well together
And I don't blame Richardson if he left for a more secure job also thinking about his own security and future

Off to Ipswich according to reports. Hope he don't pinch Richardson!

Good appointment for them if true, can't believe they stuck with Lambert so long as it just hasn't worked for him there.

I'm not sure if Richardson going would be a good or bad thing as we've under performed a lot under him but depends who would come in.

If I was the Bahrainis and looking to seal the deal I'd tell Cook we would rehire him rather than him moving his family to Ipswich if he can hang on a week or two.

I can't believe he has not got a job in championship the guy has done well at every club he has been at. A built a bit of a name for himself through what happened here last year. You would think clubs would be fighting for him.

Isn't Ipswich in the process of having new wealthy owners who are willing to wipe out a huge amount of debt....surely if our takeover is anything to go buy is a fair few months away & will the new owners want PC?????

Isn't Ipswich in the process of having new wealthy owners who are willing to wipe out a huge amount of debt....surely if our takeover is anything to go buy is a fair few months away & will the new owners want PC?????
Marcus Evans is writing off the debt, 100 odd million apparently. They’ll insult him for putting them in L1 but a gesture like that is incredible. God knows how much debt Uncle Dave wrote off for us down the years.

As for Cook, that’s a decent job for him. Ipswich are a fairly harmless club and always give their managers a fair chunk of time unless they are truly woeful like that Paul Hurst. He’d probably be given the time to build something there like he was doing with us.