Why Ashley bought the club? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Why Ashley bought the club?

It's always quiet international breaks . I'm expecting things to roll on as they are until Benitez makes grumbling noises in January then walks in the summer. Keegan's book is out next month and that may bring some skeletons out of cupboards where Ashley is concerned . Or at the very least give the old tales we know well a fresh airing in the media.

It's not just the football side of income MASH holdings receive but the other 'nice little earners' like the rugby league weekend that has become an annual occurrence and now a rugby union international is pencilled in which is a first. Added to the music concerts (Ed Sheeran ) and other events that will happen like Amazon, Netflix getting a foot in the door showing pay per view games (it will happen) then Ashley won't be too concerned about attendances to the football games. Not a chance of him selling his 'cash cow'.
I notice that Wikipedia on Amanda Staveley has very little (if anything) related to her PCP capital to buy the club. Just pretend it didn't happen, it will only add to the pain.

don't hold your breath for change TNMW, they're just say waiting for this minor 'blip' to blow over, i think they've even said a much. Some time ago i did wonder if 'our' supporters apathy may be the biggest asset in the battle against Fat Mike. I sort of envisioned a large portion drifting away disinterested, another one i got wrong. Mike knows he's gonna 'win' one way or another, wait until Jan' when he throws a few crumbs down, all will be forgotten.

don't hold your breath for change TNMW, they're just say waiting for this minor 'blip' to blow over, i think they've even said a much. Some time ago i did wonder if 'our' supporters apathy may be the biggest asset in the battle against Fat Mike. I sort of envisioned a large portion drifting away disinterested, another one i got wrong. Mike knows he's gonna 'win' one way or another, wait until Jan' when he throws a few crumbs down, all will be forgotten.

It’s almost as if you’re suggesting that Ashley knows there are 52,000 ***** that will lap up anything dished out to them.

Right now I doubt if Ashley thinks too much about his football club very often. I certainly don't think he has any intention of actively selling, but would of course sell if "the price was right". I doubt he really cares if Rafa stays or goes or even if we struggle in the league. If we are way down at Xmas I have no doubt he will hoy a bit of cash at it to try and keep his snout in the trough, but not too much. I am sure he thinks parachute payments 'aint too bad and its a lot cheaper to get promoted than show any ambition in the premiership. Sadly I am also convinced he will be amused by the sheep who pay him to come in the ground and sing nasty songs about him. Can you imagine what he thinks of those people? I will keep saying it until I am blue in the face, empty ground is the only way to get change.

I get the feeling he may be on the run now.
If the Keegan book, pours more scorn on his tenure at the club under Ashley, then maybe, just maybe, a figurehead may come out, for all fans to get behind, and make Ashley's tenure come to an end.
That is all that is needed, ideally Shearer, or Keegan, or better still both, my only issue is the 52000 ***** in the ground, without the spine to stay away, would be the unfortunate winners.
But to get rid of the parasite, I would take that.

I find it frustrating that our hopes hang on an MP,Keegan and Shearer guy,especially when the one bloke who could make the whole thing really happen does nothing of any real significance yet is afforded excuse after excuse by the majority of our fans and not just the 50,000 either.

It will be interesting to see the reaction to KK book if the scorn level towards Ashley isn't deemed strong enough.
Will a section of fans turn on him as they did when he took Ashley to court ?

Expect Keith Bishop to peddle more of these rumours as we approach the January transfer window,

If, and when we are sold it will be done at lighting pace where nobody will get an inkling until the ink is dry on the contract. Our Mike likes a non-disclosure agreement and that's why he was pissed at Staveley's courting of publicity.

I find it frustrating that our hopes hang on an MP,Keegan and Shearer guy,especially when the one bloke who could make the whole thing really happen does nothing of any real significance yet is afforded excuse after excuse by the majority of our fans and not just the 50,000 either.

It will be interesting to see the reaction to KK book if the scorn level towards Ashley isn't deemed strong enough.
Will a section of fans turn on him as they did when he took Ashley to court ?

Could not agree more PM, think the last piece of the jigsaw is a leader with local credibility to get behind.

Shearer is the one for me, however, it would cut across his BBC contract I am sure, he would then have a decision to make.
Others would then surely follow.

Maybe then Rafa, might see the light, resign, and really put the cat amongst the pigeons, if a relegation happened, to make this all happen, I am sure everyone would not mind, those in the ground don't count to me, they are the root of the problem.

I can't believe people don't think an empty ground won't see the back of him. He is only interested in his SD brand so as PK states an empty ground beamed around the globe would see him sell up.

That's because the people who go regularly are too thick to realise it and too selfish to stay away for ONE fucking game

If you haven't already done so, watch this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45678196

They appear to be interviewing people who are clearly tormented by the situation - And they all seem to be regular match goers!

Surely, surely they can see the answer. I can only assume that the money spent on drug and alcohol rehab in the North East needs to be redirected to assisting these poor souls to get their lives back on track.

Look, it's a lovely day. Don't waste your afternoon watching what may prove to be a dire draw against Leicester. Get out to the country. Up the coast to Alnmouth or beyond. Or up the Simonsides. You'll save money. You'll have a spectacular time. You'll come home happy and refreshed. You won't be frustrated and angry. And an empty stadium will be like a knife in Ashley's back.

And now, let's see what 50,000 people can achieve today. Or not.

If you haven't already done so, watch this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45678196

They appear to be interviewing people who are clearly tormented by the situation - And they all seem to be regular match goers!

Surely, surely they can see the answer. I can only assume that the money spent on drug and alcohol rehab in the North East needs to be redirected to assisting these poor souls to get their lives back on track.

Look, it's a lovely day. Don't waste your afternoon watching what may prove to be a dire draw against Leicester. Get out to the country. Up the coast to Alnmouth or beyond. Or up the Simonsides. You'll save money. You'll have a spectacular time. You'll come home happy and refreshed. You won't be frustrated and angry. And an empty stadium will be like a knife in Ashley's back.

And now, let's see what 50,000 people can achieve today. Or not.

Don't be silly!

There's nothing else to do in Newcastle according to that Muppet on TalkShite who calls himself "The Moose".

Don't be silly!

There's nothing else to do in Newcastle according to that Muppet on TalkShite who calls himself "The Moose".

Aye I read the crap the moose was spouting the other day.
He's obviously teetotal if he thinks there's nowt else to do in Newcastle :whist: