Why Ashley bought the club? | Vital Football

Why Ashley bought the club?

I’ve said for a while he’s no interesting in selling, it’s all lies, he’s a proven liar, a deceitful, sneaky, greedy, obnoxious, ignorant piece of shite. There’s a reason no one’s offered him what he wants, aside from it being too much could you imagine the retail contract he’d insist on for the next decade/forever.
Seeing his Shite Direct cheap logos displayed in an EMPTY GROUND, beamed across the world is the only thing that might persuade him.

I can't believe people don't think an empty ground won't see the back of him. He is only interested in his SD brand so as PK states an empty ground beamed around the globe would see him sell up.

I can see him selling when he realises what he can get as compared with how much he needs to invest to progress.

When you look at the valuations of ManU and Arsenal, it doesn't take a genius to see that if you invest £200m you can multiply the return several-fold. He has destroyed any chance he might have of getting a quality manager, even if he were to invest.

It just needs the right billionaire to fancy a hobby and pay him enough, or a big at the right time when he can get another high street market stall instead.

I’ve said for a while he’s no interesting in selling, it’s all lies, he’s a proven liar, a deceitful, sneaky, greedy, obnoxious, ignorant piece of shite. There’s a reason no one’s offered him what he wants, aside from it being too much could you imagine the retail contract he’d insist on for the next decade/forever.
Seeing his Shite Direct cheap logos displayed in an EMPTY GROUND, beamed across the world is the only thing that might persuade him.

But, but, but, but...

Ashley bought the club, after being put under pressure from Adidas, who at the time were kit sponsor, to prevent a financial meltdown. They were going to withdraw his licence to sell product, if he did not do it. The fact Due Diligence was not carried out showed the financial state at the time, he struck when Shepherd was in hospital, without the ability to fight it off. Some real characters intentions came out in that period, and the ensuing disaster, should be dropped at their door in part.

The Ashley - Adidas sale, came from the very very top of the club.

Ashley bought the club, after being put under pressure from Adidas, who at the time were kit sponsor, to prevent a financial meltdown. They were going to withdraw his licence to sell product, if he did not do it. The fact Due Diligence was not carried out showed the financial state at the time, he struck when Shepherd was in hospital, without the ability to fight it off. Some real characters intentions came out in that period, and the ensuing disaster, should be dropped at their door in part.

Sounds like Ashley propaganda to me "saved us from doing a Leeds". If true why did Sports Direct register the domain name nufcdirect.com 6 months earlier? Also they soon split with Adidas as kit sponsor when he took over as I recall.

Hmmm . I seem to remember (thought I can't remember the exact order of these two events, Ashley bought us and a 3 percent stake Adidas in 2007. Then he pissed Adidas off when he switched the kit to Puma. Adidas at one point were in the running to purchase naming rights to St James' then depending on who you believe they supposedly pulled out or Ashley supposedly reneged on the deal. Then in 2013 Adidas and Sports Direct had a falling out over the refusal of Adidas to allow the Chelsea kit to be sold at Sports Direct stores.

Also Ashley was the whistleblower on price-fixing among suppliers and retailers that led to fines for his rivals totalling £18.6m in 2003.

Sports Direct and JJB Sports later became the subject of another Office of Fair Trading investigation into replica kit price-fixing, but were cleared of any wrongdoing.

I thought it was common knowledge he bought us to advertise his tatty sports shops and raise its profile in the far east. I dont buy the adidas theory mainly because they have since proven they want nothing to do with Ashley.

Sounds like Ashley propaganda to me "saved us from doing a Leeds". If true why did Sports Direct register the domain name nufcdirect.com 6 months earlier? Also they soon split with Adidas as kit sponsor when he took over as I recall.

It aint propaganda, it came from the deceased ex chairman, in a conversation......

It is all murky and very dirty. One thing is fact though. FC has no love or care for NUFC. Maybe it is a tax dodge. Regardless. He spends nothing on the club and ensures the club spends nothing in any attempt at success. Both articles ring true. Freddie Shepherd became a bitter man after SJH dropped him in it.

Tomorrow, SDU go against Man City. Have you seen the odds? William Hill have them at 25-1. The draw is 9-1 whereas City are 12-1 on. In bookies parlance, they havent't a prayer. It'll be Benitez shoring up the defence and conceding possession just the same as Chelsea and how can he do otherwise. When he looked at the fixture list before the season and saw what he was going to have to work with, all he can have thought was defence, defence, defence. Better to lose 2 nil than by 6. Sheik Mansour bought the club for 210 Million in 2008. We got FC. At the time the clubs were not too far apart. Now look at them. Down to one man.

And yet, people who claim to love NUFC still pay nearly 60 quid for a replica shirt, still pay to go to what is clearly going to be an awful match this season, still buy food and drink at the game. And in every way profit Ashley, not NUFC and certainly not themselves.

Perhaps, just perhaps there is a greater disgruntlement amongst Those Who Attend than in recent years. Will they do anything? The past says not. I couldn't stand the embarrassment of feeling so ripped off. Why can't they feel that too?

FC is going nowhere as long as the club benefits him. Stop benefitting him. Empty the ground.

Unfortunately Newcastle fans have used the attendances as a badge of honour over the years as we've had fuck all else to shout about. I bet every single person on here at sometime and has used our support as the basis on why we are a big club. We're not a big club anymore but we're still one of the only clubs as well as our dear neighbours down the road, who haven't reached their full potential.

I really can't see what's holding potential investors back unless the fat pig is deliberately preventing a sale. which is probably the case.

All it requires is a spark like Keegan as a player and manager to set the juggernaut rolling. I had a quick look at the attendance figures in our promotion season of 1984 and it underlines the fact that as supporters we are just waiting for that that owner that can take us to the promised land of shiney tin pots. We averaged about 17K a few seasons earlier.

Division 1

Man Utd 42,534
Liverpool 32,022 (Champions)
Spurs 28,905
Arsenal 28,117
Everton 19,286

Division 2

Newcastle 29,811
Man City 25,604
Chlesea 21,078 (Champions)

The "fans", need somebody high profile to lead them, in my view the only one to do it is Shearer, now if this crosses over his BBC commitments, then he has a big decision to make. He can take pot shots and nothing happen, or, he can bring the whole lot together, and use his influence to empty the stadium. It needs somebody with big media presence now, to make it happen, like others on here, I do think the parasite is rattled, and it would not take much more to evoke a response.

CTM, I'm definitely nicking your line. "Tumbleweed in the stands instead of the usual vegetation". But that has got to happen.

As for Shearer, yes, he could. A big step, though, and a one way journey.
'Local hero' couldn't be played loud enough.

It's far too quiet around the club at the minute. Hopefully this isn't a result of things being beyond apathetic and is because change is coming.

If it's apathy then there's no hope whatsoever.