Why are people so bitter? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Why are people so bitter?

Thank you Casperimp. The living room stream is one thing, but the ground where I have my actual, physical season ticket for is rarely affected by rain either, as you can see by the lack of cover :)

That look like Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero home of Elche CF. Am I right? Just a bit bigger than Sincil Bank then! :grinning:

That look like Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero home of Elche CF. Am I right? Just a bit bigger than Sincil Bank then! :grinning:

Yes, a very good spot by you.

(I was going to say "spotter's badge" for you, but thought better of using RonAtkinsonisms given the racism thread that's also active)

This is even more self-indulgent of me than usual but it gives me the opportunity to out myself as a bonafide Plastic.

Anyone who has noticed my posts over the past year knows I can reminisce about the 60s (just), 70s and 80s with the best old fart, but I moved away from the area many years ago, and then out of the country entirely.

I have always followed the club's results since, but only been to a handful of games in the last 20 years.

After the Cowley Revolution it became possible to actually watch the team again thanks to BT Sport and the cup run.

Do I count as a plastic? I cam back (due to my kid's interest mostly) the year before the Cowleys came. Last year of Moyles' spell. Again after a (nearly) 20 year break, bar the odd game here and there.

I take a four or five day break after every defeat. It takes me that long to pluck up the courage to look at the league table. Seriously, I absolutely can't look at anything, bar Danny's reaction, for days.

Heard a fella on Talksport earlier. After Manure got turned over and their women's team won their first competitive match, he was considering changing loyalties. He's Plasticus!

Do I count as a plastic? I cam back (due to my kid's interest mostly) the year before the Cowleys came. Last year of Moyles' spell. Again after a (nearly) 20 year break, bar the odd game here and there.
No, no, no. That's nowhere near as plastic as me. In fact to reinforce how plastic I am I might not attend another game now and just follow the results in the paper.

Joking aside, I think you would have to be following a team higher than the 4th tier of football to be a true plastic but hey, that's just my opinion.

I remember seeing the Cowleys come to City and to be honest their antics didn't impress me. I now think its great that they are full blooded about trying to get the job done. I recently read a comment on an opposing teams forum comparing their lack lustre manager to the Cowleys and how they would swap without hesitation. As long as it stays on the pitch side I cant see the problem. We see a lot of players who are close to being animals on the pitch but are like pussycats of it but you wouldn't change them because its what makes them a top player. Mark Hughes was a prime example IMO.

Heard a fella on Talksport earlier. After Manure got turned over and their women's team won their first competitive match, he was considering changing loyalties. He's Plasticus!
I'm worse than that. After our 2-0 reverse at home to Reading on a Sunday I scrawled "Newcastle" across the programme. Absolutely no idea why I chose Newcastle, but such was my disappointment I just wrote the first thing that came into my head. Now that was a state of emergency.

I'm worse than that. After our 2-0 reverse at home to Reading on a Sunday I scrawled "Newcastle" across the programme. Absolutely no idea why I chose Newcastle, but such was my disappointment I just wrote the first thing that came into my head. Now that was a state of emergency.

Dude, I worry about you. On so many levels. ;)

I stopped posting on here when Moyses took over, I really thought that would be the end of City. Happily, that proved not to be the case!

I don't get the moaning about the Cowleys. Every manager in the land does it, and if they don't then they are quite probably missing out on a bit of the "small differences" etc.

Added value etc. Lots of little things that add up to an extra advantage.

People for years moaned about Fergie, "Arsene is always moaning and blaming the officials", Mourinho is a master at it. Guardiola takes it to another level as well.

What links all of those? They were very successful managers utilising every advantage they could possibly glean.

I remember Nigel Adkins said once as Southampton manager "maybe we are too nice, maybe we should be a bit more wise at times."

Last edited: