Why are people so bitter? | Vital Football

Why are people so bitter?

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I don't normally read opposition message boards but as so many go on here about The Fishy I thought I would actually have a look.

What struck me most was that you have a certain set of people as we do on here who seem to take bitterness to an illogical extreme! We have posts on here about Grimsby this and Jolley that which to me don't seem to have any logic, just bitterness for bitterness sake! They have a thread about The Cowleys which again has no place in logic or reality claiming they are this and they are that.

The point I want to make is that before people write on here just have a look over there, take a look at some of the extreme posts that go beyond rational thought and banter and then think to yourself am I just not lowering myself to that level of unhealthy bitterness!

I love nothing more than beating The codheads but I like to think I keep it to a sane level! :rolleyes:

Danny and Nicky can be buggers with the fourth official no doubt about it and Danny got sent off for it 3 times last season.
Both had said they are trying to behave better, reading that thread it sounds like some of their fans spent the game watching them instead of the game, weird....

Looking at what the children's have written about DC & NC you can see why a lot of them that have posting show names about booze!
At least they don't get the white board out at half time during a stuffing

Looking at what the children's have written about DC & NC you can see why a lot of them that have posting show names about booze!
At least they don't get the white board out at half time during a stuffing
Suspect we do it with an ipad in the changing rooms. A mouse thrown at the students rather than a stick of chalk! To be fair, it usually works, although not this weekend.

"Bitter", hits the nail on head. How dare the Cowley brothers turn down the chance to manage at such a massive club and opt to stay at little Lincoln.

Well I have to say whenever I go to Grimsby I find their fans very chatty and friendly and I have been to Blunder Park quite a few times over the years. We have a bit of banter but it's all good humoured. We were walking back to the car and chatting with a couple of sets of their fans. we all came to the same conclusion The Cods probably deserved to win it on the day and you can't judge a team on 1 local derby.

As with all clubs you get a few numpties but let's be honest society has a few numpties. The nasty and irrational thoughts of a few cyber warriors on both sides shouldn't paint all fans with the same brush!

There is jealousy no doubt fuelling some of their rants, better crowds, owners and finances. No to mention managers and players.

I must admit though I'd like Danny and Nicky to behave better, just as I'd like to see Rhead behave better when on the pitch.

We played badly on Saturday , no doubt about that, but some of the over reaction to it was incredible. Whilst our team is strong, its being under estimated how difficult it is to change the style of your play.

I'm interested to see how Danny and Nicky cope this year as expectation, rightly so is much bigger this year. Disappointingly I thought Jolley tactically beat the Cowley's on Saturday by exploiting us in Midfield and down the left especially.

However, get a minimum of 4pts from the next two and thats a great start from a difficult open 5 games.

Christmas 2011 we were with family in Essex. There was a Boxing Day game between Billericay and Hornchurch and I went along. Unusually for me I bought a programme and there was a piece in it moaning about the antics they experienced whenever they played Concord Rangers.

It meant nothing to me until Danny Cowley was appointed manager at Sincil Bank, so I have to say that no beefing, whinging, whining or worrying about the brothers since has come as any surprise.

If all they're doing is getting in the ear of the officials, so what? It's been going on long enough and if it's such a problem then the bloke with "The 4th Official Has Indicated" board should just tell them both to STFU.

Personally I think the fishy is great for a laugh. The nonsense posted on there never fails to have me in stitches. Bitter jealousy ranging from plastic supporters to "cheating" managers simply demonstrates we have got them rattled.
Thankfully I'm pretty certain that Danny and Nicky couldn't care less what our delusional neighbours think, and why should they a 60 odd per cent win rate speaks for itself...

Bitter jealousy ranging from plastic supporters to "cheating" managers simply demonstrates we have got them rattled.

Any club, anywhere, that experiences a period of success gets additional supporters. It doesn't matter if that's Manchester City or Salford City, that pattern has been set for over 100 years in every country where football is played.

This is even more self-indulgent of me than usual but it gives me the opportunity to out myself as a bonafide Plastic.

Anyone who has noticed my posts over the past year knows I can reminisce about the 60s (just), 70s and 80s with the best old fart, but I moved away from the area many years ago, and then out of the country entirely.

I have always followed the club's results since, but only been to a handful of games in the last 20 years.

After the Cowley Revolution it became possible to actually watch the team again thanks to BT Sport and the cup run.

To say this did not rekindle my interest would be a lie. The way the club was headed was the road down which Stockport and York have recently travelled. And it's hard for any supporter, no matter how die-hard, to keep their enthusiasm when going to games is more of an obligation than something to be enjoyed so, I salute the 2000 or so that managed to turn up every other week.

Now, thanks to ifollow (no matter who irksome it is) I can watch as many games as I like and I managed to get to Northampton recently when I was back over.

So, I have no problem holding my hand up to the Plastic label. It might upset fans of other clubs, and even some of our own, but there it is... anyone can take or leave what I have to say with that knowledge.

Any club, anywhere, that experiences a period of success gets additional supporters. It doesn't matter if that's Manchester City or Salford City, that pattern has been set for over 100 years in every country where football is played.

This is even more self-indulgent of me than usual but it gives me the opportunity to out myself as a bonafide Plastic.

Anyone who has noticed my posts over the past year knows I can reminisce about the 60s (just), 70s and 80s with the best old fart, but I moved away from the area many years ago, and then out of the country entirely.

I have always followed the club's results since, but only been to a handful of games in the last 20 years.

After the Cowley Revolution it became possible to actually watch the team again thanks to BT Sport and the cup run.

To say this did not rekindle my interest would be a lie. The way the club was headed was the road down which Stockport and York have recently travelled. And it's hard for any supporter, no matter how die-hard, to keep their enthusiasm when going to games is more of an obligation than something to be enjoyed so, I salute the 2000 or so that managed to turn up every other week.

Now, thanks to ifollow (no matter who irksome it is) I can watch as many games as I like and I managed to get to Northampton recently when I was back over.

So, I have no problem holding my hand up to the Plastic label. It might upset fans of other clubs, and even some of our own, but there it is... anyone can take or leave what I have to say with that knowledge.

Good post.

Looking on the Brightside you won't get soggy in the rain and also if you spill anything on yourself you can easily wipe it off. Just remember not to go out in the heat too much :grinning:.

Seriously though I think a lot of returning fans will find this tail familiar. More the merrier I say at the end of the day we all support The Imps.

Good post.

Looking on the Brightside you won't get soggy in the rain and also if you spill anything on yourself you can easily wipe it off. Just remember not to go out in the heat too much :grinning:.

Seriously though I think a lot of returning fans will find this tail familiar. More the merrier I say at the end of the day we all support The Imps.

Thank you Casperimp. The living room stream is one thing, but the ground where I have my actual, physical season ticket for is rarely affected by rain either, as you can see by the lack of cover :)

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 25