Why are humans so cruel! | Vital Football

Why are humans so cruel!

The "west" allowed thousands of Muslims to be slaughtered. We wonder why the extreme Muslim sects can recruit.

Hundreds of thousands of Muslims put in camps in China.

Similar treatment for Muslims in Myanmar.

Every country and race has had and still has dangerous and evil people. It is when those people gain power is when events like this occur.

Humans are a flawed species.

This planet would be far better off without us. If you believe in mother nature perhaps she is trying to reduce our population through viruses.

Similarly if you believe in intelligent extra terrestrial life. Ever wondered why they haven't come to meet the neighbours!!

Eventually humanity will destroy itself by making earth unable to support the population.

We'll all be gone by then and it will be our children's, children's, children's problem to solve .

The Balkans was an abject failure by NATO. A far stronger force including air power was required far sooner. We allowed the Serbs to commit genocide on our doorstep. Thats shameful.

The Balkans was an abject failure by NATO. A far stronger force including air power was required far sooner. We allowed the Serbs to commit genocide on our doorstep. Thats shameful.
Unfortunately it was a warning sign for how ineffective the UN was/is as a deterrent.

As an agnostic, I would say the best solution would be for everyone to drop religion. John Lennon included the right idea in "Imagine".

All the good deeds and organisations it engenders (e.g Christian Aid, Sally Army) is not worth the far bigger spectre of religious intolerance which is the biggest evil in the world.

Yes, Muslims may claim persecution, but so do Christians and Jews in other pockets of the world. There are even different sects and branches of a religion that fight against each other (e.g Sunni and Shia).

Catholics and Protestants effectively worship the same god, but we know how that plays out in Ireland.

There is no answer - if you try to mediate or peace keep, you get attacked by both sides.

The only certainty is that the weak, old and helpless pay the highest price.

As an agnostic, I would say the best solution would be for everyone to drop religion. John Lennon included the right idea in "Imagine".

All the good deeds and organisations it engenders (e.g Christian Aid, Sally Army) is not worth the far bigger spectre of religious intolerance which is the biggest evil in the world.

Yes, Muslims may claim persecution, but so do Christians and Jews in other pockets of the world. There are even different sects and branches of a religion that fight against each other (e.g Sunni and Shia).

Catholics and Protestants effectively worship the same god, but we know how that plays out in Ireland.

There is no answer - if you try to mediate or peace keep, you get attacked by both sides.

The only certainty is that the weak, old and helpless pay the highest price.

Agree. Whilst humans have a predisposition for envy and greed, which often leads to violence, religion is a fertile breeding ground for control, contempt, malice and hate and a vehicle for mass confrontation. Religion may now be the most anachronistic feature of current day life.

Too many of use, whatever creed, race, religion, sexual orientation are just arseholes. :shrug:

I agree with this.
I don’t think religion is a problem, basically it’s just a set of ideals/beliefs that some choose to respect and live to, isn’t it?

If a collective want to live by and worship a god, then that is their business, and is generally peaceful. I think the problem comes when a second collective come along and announce that “your god and everything you believe in is rubbish. You will denounce it and come and worship ours or else”

That’s not the religion, just people applying it to suit themselves. Isn’t it?

I agree with this.
I don’t think religion is a problem, basically it’s just a set of ideals/beliefs that some choose to respect and live to, isn’t it?

If a collective want to live by and worship a god, then that is their business, and is generally peaceful. I think the problem comes when a second collective come along and announce that “your god and everything you believe in is rubbish. You will denounce it and come and worship ours or else”

That’s not the religion, just people applying it to suit themselves. Isn’t it?
This is pretty accurate to me.

It's another way for people to group themselves together and declare themselves different from others. Throughout history there have been so many problems caused by this mentality.

I don't believe in any religion but I don't mind that it exists as long as people harness their faith in the right way.

It is not the religion that is the problem it is people who use it to get power and twist things to their own ends .They are the most dangerous people in the world today. We have one or two on this message board who will use religion to destroy and distort the world to their own ends.They may not in many cases be in the slightest bit religious themselves.They come in all colours and are truly evil in thought and deed.

How about we drop politics too? I’m pretty sure many have died in the name of politics...