Who's Next? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who's Next?

You should put in for the job Mista. Probably less salary hungry and think of the money you'd save on travelling to away games.

As regards Stoke, you were perhaps lucky it was shut - it was open when I was there and it was very like Essex with an even more overweight populace!

eddy i think he would be an excellent manager for us It only went down hill at the Wendies when he had horrendous long term injuries He knows the Championship inside out He knows the what you need for success he's used to crowd expectations Yes I would take him over the likes of Simmo Wassall Stimac those three are a joke for any club with ambition But afraid Mel may take the cheapest option
Hmm, no money and needing to get a new 20 goal a season striker. That sounds a lot like a injury crisis, as we just won't be able to replace the likes of Vydra etc........ So maybe someone who knows their way around the lower leagues will be our only option again.

Simmo must have some excellent contacts in the youth systems around the Country after taking the Youngsters to a World Cup final, and WINNING IT !

Whoever comes in will have to promote youngsters and be patient with them and MM must understand this. May have to replace Ledley HuddsJonston, Butterbun thorn Bryson Blackman and Anya with Luke Thomas,Callum guy,zanzala,Kellan Gordon,elsnik ,Bennett and Vernam maybe even max bird. Obviously they won't all make the grade but needs must and so maybe Simpson is the man for that.

Last edited:
Hmm, no money and needing to get a new 20 goal a season striker. That sounds a lot like a injury crisis, as we just won't be able to replace the likes of Vydra etc........ So maybe someone who knows their way around the lower leagues will be our only option again.

Simmo must have some excellent contacts in the youth systems around the Country after taking the Youngsters to a World Cup final, and WINNING IT !

Sorry Bloomer as Warnock always sorry you won't get out of league with kids I suppose it depends what the club's ambition is Personally I'm sick of the Championship going to same grounds every season I want the Prem and I don't think Simmo is the bloke to do it

Sorry Bloomer as Warnock always sorry you won't get out of league with kids I suppose it depends what the club's ambition is Personally I'm sick of the Championship going to same grounds every season I want the Prem and I don't think Simmo is the bloke to do it
But on the basis of a having a reasonable squad of players, which we already have, the Simmo connections and good use of our own Academy we could have a manager who could find the right blend of experience and youth.

To be honest I don't envy whoever gets the job.

A lot of it comes down to luck. Hopefully, our next manager will be the right one at the right time. The are many ex managers out there that have succeeded at one or more clubs, but then failed at others.

Sorry mista but I think we are going to be stuck with this squad for a bit so I don't think premier is coming soon. Not going to be easy to offload ageing players n good contracts. Hope I'm wrong .

Due to FFP constraints , whoever it is will have to put the cheque book away and will have to do it Nigel Clough's way, losing your best players to bigger clubs now and then and hang on for grim death in the Championship. Our squad only cost 7 million compared to your total of 5 times as much. One thing is for certain we now have a big advantage to move on and we have a proven manager.:utv::utv::utv::utv:

Be thankful that it's not Division 1, although it is more scenic down there with some nice small towns.

Part 1 of my wish has come to fruition. A quick exit. Now for a quick decision on incoming.

I hope it's O'Neill because a) he is a manager who likes "proper" football who seems to be liked by players and b) that wouldn't half pee off that lot from down the A52

Chap from Stenson on the dark side saying Igor was on Radio Derby this morning outlining why he wants the job and what he would bring to the table. The Stenson chappie got the idea Igor knows more than he is saying.....

Due to FFP constraints , whoever it is will have to put the cheque book away and will have to do it Nigel Clough's way, losing your best players to bigger clubs now and then and hang on for grim death in the Championship. Our squad only cost 7 million compared to your total of 5 times as much. One thing is for certain we now have a big advantage to move on and we have a proven manager.:utv::utv::utv::utv:
Proven to do what exactly? I don't see him improving you position any since his appointment, but as you say throwing some money at it will solve your problems. Will be interesting to see just who finishes higher this season me thinks.:smoke::cheers:

Latest Rams News